This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Curse of Canaan

For members who wish to post useful reviews of books or other references which they have read.

The Curse of Canaan

Postby Ben88 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Has anybody here read "The Curse of Canaan: A demonology of history". By Eustace Mullins.
He talks about the role of these people throughout history and goes up to the more modern era such as French and Spanish revolutions.
Ben88

Re: The Curse of Canaan

Postby Acrimonious » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:59 pm

I have a copy of it, but I haven't read it in its entirety yet. Some of his material seems to be conjecture, and other parts seem to be well-sourced. I'll sit down with it at the end of next week and get back to you about it, unless someone else has a review to give.
Acrimonious

Postby Ben88 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:32 pm

Acrimonious wrote:I have a copy of it, but I haven't read it in its entirety yet. Some of his material seems to be conjecture, and other parts seem to be well-sourced. I'll sit down with it at the end of next week and get back to you about it, unless someone else has a review to give.

Yes I agree I thought it was an interesting read though weaving a common thread throughout history of the jews.
Ben88

Postby brucebohn » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Mullins was a good man, well intentioned but should have stuck
with the secular issues where he did well.
What I remember of this book was, he promoted the absurdity
that Ham was a Black man at which point I set the book aside..... :lol:
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Postby Acrimonious » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:49 pm

brucebohn wrote:he promoted the absurdity that Ham was a Black man at which point I set the book aside..... :lol:

Wow, I didn't see that when I leafed through it a while ago. It's been on the backburner for me for quite some time.
Acrimonious

Postby Ben88 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:37 pm

brucebohn wrote:Mullins was a good man, well intentioned but should have stuck
with the secular issues where he did well.
What I remember of this book was, he promoted the absurdity
that Ham was a Black man at which point I set the book aside..... :lol:

Yeah its on page 9 he claims Ham had intercourse with a pre Adamite woman (on the ark) and she gave birth to Cush.

On page 25 he states that the crusades opened up further avenues for the Canaanites to exploit and to rob the knights while they were away. Bill has also talked about this in one of his recent podcasts about the motivation for the Crusades not being completely altruistic with a large motivating factor being the merchants.

I would not recommend the book for someone who is not well grounded in their scriptures and beliefs etc. But I do think there is some information to be gleaned at various places in the book. He correctly identifies events and marks throughout history where they have exerted their influence. He incorrectly assumes certain biblical concepts, the Black kids from Ham being only one.
Ben88

Postby Acrimonious » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:52 pm

I just checked those pages you mentioned, and was very disappointed to see that garbage promoted. Thankfully, I didn't spend a dime on the thing; rather my father-in-law's coworker was a friend of Eustace Mullins, and when she skipped the country for Spain, she told us we could have her books, which included The Curse of Canaan :lol:

Acrimonious

Postby Ben88 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:21 pm

Yeah the first few pages are quite a confusing twist of ideas. It appears to be some sort of British Israelism? Mixed with whatever else. It is also disappointing that he tries to paint Hitler as one of the bad guys as well.
Ben88

Postby EzraLB » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:54 am

Acrimonious wrote:Some of his material seems to be conjecture, and other parts seem to be well-sourced.

Yes, this has also been my experience with all the writings of Eustace Mullins--he makes a lot of provocative statements, but rarely backs them up with consistent citations--and seems to rely on gossip and hearsay at times. I have made the effort to check some his citations and have not been able to locate them or confirm them. Also, his books are often poorly edited and proofread--for example, he repeated cites "Stephen King's" book on freemasonry, The Brotherhood, which was actually written by Stephen Knight. As a scholarly source, he's pretty poor.

I read quite a bit of Mullins' work in my pre-CI days, and I do credit him with confirming my conspiratorial view of history. He's also the first one I read that made a good case for the racial/biological nature of the jew. His book, The Secrets Of The Federal Reserve, was a real eye opener, and the fact that his mentor was Ezra Pound gave him some credibility in my eyes.

As far as The Curse of Canaan goes, I think it's pretty much useless for people already in CI--his understanding of Scripture is shaky at best. Yes, he hints at two-seedline without stating it explicitly, but he concentrates on the race of Shem but rarely, if ever, mentions Jacob-Israel--nor does he tied them together. And yes, he shows how some of the Lost Tribes migrated into Europe, but in doing so, muddies the water by injecting into his thesis many common--and persistent--historical errors, such as his assertion that the Phoenicians were Canaanites.

Also, he doesn't know enough about Scripture and ancient history to reliably quote the Talmud, which he uses repeatedly concerning the Genesis account of Adam and Cain. He merely cherry-picks what suits his thesis and doesn't bother offering second and third witnesses outside the Talmud to corroborate what he's asserting.

His understanding of ancient Egypt is nothing but confusing at times. He doesn't explain the Babylonian and Assyrian captivities very well--and the resultant dispersion--at least not enough for a newbie in CI to tie it all together. He's on much firmer ground when he discusses the connection betweem canaanite demonology and freemasonry, but there's little here that others haven't covered in more detail with better citations.

To give him some credit, he was a racially aware self-identified Christian who had no love for the jews, and I do credit him as an important step for me personally on the road to CI. However, now that I'm reasonably versed in CI after years of study, I can scan over a book like The Curse Of Canaan and cringe, being grateful that it didn't become an intellectual stumbling block that completely mis-directed me away from the Truth. Nor would I recommend this book to any judeos, as I doubt it would persuade them in any way that the canaanite jews aren't still redeemable.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Ben88 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:03 pm

I think there has been some useful opinions provided about the book. I have a number of books relating to CI/British Israel and I will try and post a review of a book every so often so hopefully it could encourage people to A- Read the book or B-Not waste their time or C-Reflect on some of the ideas and themes of the book if a person has already read it.
Ben88

Return to Book Reviews