This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Christ the Consoler

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Christ the Consoler

Postby CrochetRacist » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:34 pm

My favorite painting of all time is “Christ the Consoler” painted by Carl Heinrich Bloch in the 19th Century. Absolutely beautiful depiction of Aryan values and our Aryan Savior. “Rhythm of Faith” would be apt title too as each person represents the different stages of faith we move back and forth through.

The man in the back to the right is in deep thought, contemplating our bible and its meaning. The man with the hanging shackle is when we confess our sins to Christ. I can’t put words to the two men front and center of Christ – their expressions say it all. The little boy is when we’re not practicing our faith, not engaged in a relationship with Christ. We’re confused by Christ and His worshippers, wondering “what’s the fuss all about?” The two women are waiting for direction. They accept Christ completely and are asking “What should we do next?”

Christ is the center, above us all. He understands our confusion, our sins, our need for direction, our need to be consoled.

Matthew 9:36 When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

CrochetRacist

Re: Christ the Consoler

Postby Kentucky » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:28 am

The painting is well executed as far as technique, although the composition and colors are mundane. The catholic influence is seen in a long-haired Christ in violation of the Law and the standard halo/aura around the head area, of which is non-existent biblically. Many paintings of this genre were commissioned by patrons who wanted themselves incorporated into the portraiture. Bloch's version of 'The Last Supper' is truly a masterpiece with Judas making an exit in the foreground.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby EzraLB » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:51 am

Kentucky wrote:The catholic influence is seen in a long-haired Christ in violation of the Law and the standard halo/aura around the head area, of which is non-existent biblically....Bloch's version of 'The Last Supper' is truly a masterpiece with Judas making an exit in the foreground.

I agree, Mark, and I'd also add that Christ's nose looks a little to self-consciously "jewish," another catholic invention.

Here's Bloch's "Last Supper," which you mentioned. I can see why you prefer it to "The Consoler". That's not to say I don't like "The Consoler"...it certainly has its good points.
Attachments
Bloch's Last Supper.jpg
Bloch's Last Supper.jpg (33.09 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Nayto » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:34 am

Kentucky wrote: The catholic influence is seen in a long-haired Christ in violation of the Law

Are you saying that having long hair is contrary to the Law?
Nayto

Postby EzraLB » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:35 am

Nayto wrote:Are you saying that having long hair is contrary to the Law?

I would venture to guess that this Law against long hair applied to the Order Of Melchizedek (and the Levitical priesthood) rather than the Israelites in general. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

http://christogenea.org/podcasts/paul%E ... elchizedek
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Nayto » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:08 am

EzraLB wrote:
Nayto wrote:Are you saying that having long hair is contrary to the Law?

I would venture to guess that this Law against long hair applied to the Order Of Melchizedek (and the Levitical priesthood) rather than the Israelites in general. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

http://christogenea.org/podcasts/paul%E ... elchizedek

There is something about Levites cutting their hair in Ezekiel 44:20, but I've never seen anything about short hair elsewhere (apart from Paul obviously). Incidentally, a bit later in Ezekiel the Levites are commanded not to drink wine yet Christ did drink wine.

I listened to that podcast, but I don't remember anything about hair (unless I missed it)

Anyway, I don't have any strong feelings about the subject. Just curious.
Nayto

Postby Kentucky » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:26 pm

Nayto wrote:but I've never seen anything about short hair elsewhere (apart from Paul obviously).

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" I Cor. 11:14. Yeah, it was Paul's advice to the Christians at Corinth, not to be confused with the long hair sodomites. I think Bill will affirm that Hellenistic culture was that of men with short hair. And Christ was not a Nazarite as some suppose; if He was, would He have turned water into fermented wine?

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God" Deut. 22:5. I think this is the spirit of the Law, that men's glory is not like that of a woman's. "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering" I Cor. 11:15.

Incidentally, a bit later in Ezekiel the Levites are commanded not to drink wine yet Christ did drink wine.

We've had that debate and I maintain the minority opinion that it was not fermented.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Nayto » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:31 am

Kentucky wrote:"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" I Cor. 11:14. Yeah, it was Paul's advice to the Christians at Corinth, not to be confused with the long hair sodomites. I think Bill will affirm that Hellenistic culture was that of men with short hair. And Christ was not a Nazarite as some suppose; if He was, would He have turned water into fermented wine?

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God" Deut. 22:5. I think this is the spirit of the Law, that men's glory is not like that of a woman's. "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering" I Cor. 11:15.

Incidentally, a bit later in Ezekiel the Levites are commanded not to drink wine yet Christ did drink wine.

We've had that debate and I maintain the minority opinion that it was not fermented.

Mark

Yeah, that makes sense. I would love to understand in more detail why men and women's glory is different. What does is mean that a man's glory is such that his hair should be short? Paul explains it as a representation of authority, but -- to my limited understanding -- it seems so arbitrary.

I think one would be hard pressed to prove Christ Himself had long hair. As you say, Hellenistic culture just wasn't that way inclined and just because someone is from Nazareth doesn't mean they all took Nazarene vows.

I do recall some reports of Christ detailing His appearance and he is described as having long hair. I suppose we can only assume they are Catholic forgeries.
Nayto

Postby Kentucky » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Nayto wrote:Yeah, that makes sense. I would love to understand in more detail why men and women's glory is different. What does is mean that a man's glory is such that his hair should be short? Paul explains it as a representation of authority, but -- to my limited understanding -- it seems so arbitrary.

If we understand God's glory, having to do with His reputation, then it can only be arbitrary being that He is above and separate from all other gods and religions. If the men and women of Israel were not different from all other species, we would not be the glory of God and He would not be the glory of Israel (Isaiah 46:13, 23; 49:3; 60:1-2). There is no Scripture that says short hair is a man's glory. The converse only applies to women. And it tells us why. It is her "covering." In my humble opinion, the allegory is that her head or mentality is protected by way of custom to submit to God's order of authority. She was either covered by her family i.e. father or by her husband. Rebellion against God and family and thus our race is seen in the immodest dress and appearance of women departing from a feminine godly look. It neither glorifies her or God. We are the most beautiful people on earth and therefore should act like it, in honor of the Creator of beauty. When Israel whores after strange gods, she is reputed to be the harlot, but when she readies herself for the Marriage of the Lamb, she is reputed with the righteousness of saints.

Mark
Kentucky

Return to Miscellaneous Banter