This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Matt 19:9 fornication worst sin of all

Discussions concerning the New Testament

Matt 19:9 fornication worst sin of all

Postby CrochetRacist » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:16 am

Matthew 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

Out of all the sins we can commit Christ declares fornication the only sin that justifies divorce.
CrochetRacist

Re: Matt 19:9 fornication worst sin of all

Postby Nayto » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:32 pm

Fornication is indeed something which breaks the marriage covenant, just as Israel does continually with our God. Thanks to His long suffering and kindness He is still faithful to us and sent His Son.

Incidentally, death also breaks the marriage covenant. I would say that race mixing, which is also a form of fornication, is far more worse than simple marital infidelity.
Nayto

Postby CrochetRacist » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Nayto,
Race mixing was the first thing that popped in my head when reading this verse. Christ puts race mixers below murderers but our degenerate world glorifies race mixers.
CrochetRacist

Postby Kentucky » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:27 am

CrochetRacist wrote:Nayto,
Race mixing was the first thing that popped in my head when reading this verse. Christ puts race mixers below murderers but our degenerate world glorifies race mixers.

As you may recall, God divorced Israel for whoring after strange gods, which is, in essence, fornication. When a spouse whores after alien idols, Baal, paganism, Judaism etc, they are spiritually dead and thus forfeit the institution of marriage by default. It is god-mixing if I may render a term. I might add that although Mt. 19:9 specifies the husband suing for divorce, the Law can just as easily be reversed by the wife. The previous chapter allows for due process through the church i.e. the ecclesia (Mt. 18:15-17). The words fornication and adultery imply physical race mixing, but can certainly take on spiritual significance. The KJV distorts Exodus 20:14 by suggesting that adultery is infidelity within a marriage. However, a better translation would put it succinctly as "Thou shalt not adulterate," meaning one's race. Otherwise, the Tenth Commandment would be repeating the Law. I like your avatar.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby bahr » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:31 am

This book from V.S. Herrell fully demonstrate the true meaning of Exodus 20:14 : http://www.everettramseydd.com/adultery.html
bahr

Postby wmfinck » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:20 am

Kentucky wrote:The words fornication and adultery imply physical race mixing, but can certainly take on spiritual significance. The KJV distorts Exodus 20:14 by suggesting that adultery is infidelity within a marriage. However, a better translation would put it succinctly as "Thou shalt not adulterate," meaning one's race. Otherwise, the Tenth Commandment would be repeating the Law. I like your avatar.
Mark

Actually, adultery is both, or either, race-mixing and infidelity within a marriage. Leviticus 20:10 and Jeremiah 29:23 both show that the word was indeed used of infidelity within a marriage.

KJV Leviticus 20:10 wrote:And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

KJV Jeremiah 29:23 wrote:Because they have committed villany in Israel, and have committed adultery with their neighbours' wives, and have spoken lying words in my name, which I have not commanded them; even I know, and am a witness, saith the LORD.

The problem is not really with the KJV, but with the simple-minded pastors and theologians who refuse to see the other aspect which you mentioned, that adultery "can certainly take on spiritual significance".

The V.S. Herrell booklet contains some good information, but if I recall correctly, it is not well-balanced.

I treated the topic in notes here which are not quite fully developed, and there is an accompanying podcast:
http://christogenea.org/podcasts/adultery-and-fornication-yahwehs-covenant-people-07-31-10

One of my conclusions, after citing the relevant scriptures:

Now we have clearly seen that the word adultery is used primarily to describe the violation of the sanctity of marriage between a man and a wife, but it is just as often used to describe the violation of allegiance to Yahweh our God, and that is also called idolatry, and also whoredom, or fornication.

Here is the explanation of the source of all confusion concerning these two words, why they are often distinguished, and why they are often equated. Mainstream sects and their commentators fail to recognize that all ancient pagan religions required universal sexual acts, which includes the compulsion to mix with those of other races, the mingling of “bloods with bloods” as it is described in Hosea.

The violation of the sanctity of marriage between a man and a wife is indeed adultery. However an Israelite's violation of the covenant with Yahweh is also adultery, because we are all married to Him as a nation. Therefore, since He knows no other people (Amos 3:2), when we join ourselves to other people we commit not only fornication, but also adultery as a violation of our covenant marriage with Yahweh. Neither can Yahweh join Himself to any other people but Israel, or He Himself would be committing adultery! This is proven in the words of our Saviour, found at Luke 16:16-18: “16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it. 17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail. 18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.” Here over two sentences Christ is not changing the topic. Rather, He is telling us that although these non-Israelites are forcing their way into the Kingdom, they will NOT be invited to His wedding, which is only for the genetic children of Israel! If He marries any other people who are not of Israel, He admits that to be an act of adultery! So with these words, our interpretation here is true, and we too must marry only true White Israelites, or we shall be found to be committing adultery, and also, as we shall see, fornication! This is how it is said in Malachi that Judah, because he married a Canaanite, had married the daughter of a strange god, but Esau, who also married Canaanites, Paul at Hebrews 12:16 called a “fornicator or profane person”.

When we over-simplify things, we face the risk of losing the denominational Christians who know one side of the Scripture, but have not been taught the bigger picture.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Kentucky » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:36 pm

wmfinck wrote:
Kentucky wrote:The words fornication and adultery imply physical race mixing, but can certainly take on spiritual significance. The KJV distorts Exodus 20:14 by suggesting that adultery is infidelity within a marriage. However, a better translation would put it succinctly as "Thou shalt not adulterate," meaning one's race. Otherwise, the Tenth Commandment would be repeating the Law. I like your avatar.
Mark

Actually, adultery is both, or either, race-mixing and infidelity within a marriage. Leviticus 20:10 and Jeremiah 29:23 both show that the word was indeed used of infidelity within a marriage.

I certainly agree. I was just emphasizing how one-sided the judeo-Christian position is. They deracinate everything and that is our upward battle.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby CrochetRacist » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:35 pm

Otherwise, the Tenth Commandment would be repeating the Law.

I always thought 7 & 10 were the same, which wouldn't make sense. It was another "huh what?" in the bible along with all the other deracinated interpretations that don't make sense.
CrochetRacist

Return to New Testament Discussion