This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Feast of Tabernacles

Feast of Tabernacles

Postby Germanicus » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:50 pm

Could any one please post any Feast cites where CI'ers can meet this year.
Germanicus

Re: Feast of Tabernacles

Postby Kentucky » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:04 am

Germanicus wrote:Could any one please post any Feast cites where CI'ers can meet this year.

http://ezra98.yolasite.com

This is Pastor Ken Lent in Virginia. Just don't show up in a motorhome lol.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Germanicus » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:55 am

I don't understand the response.
Germanicus

Postby Kentucky » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:58 pm

Germanicus wrote:I don't understand the response.

It was humor. Showing up in a motorhome kinda defeats the spirit of Tabernacles don't ya think? It actually happened and Ken told them, pup tents only and they had to leave with their luxury on wheels. I don't think there's any website that devotes itself entirely to the Feast of Tabernacles (or Booths as some call it i.e. tents), but Pastor Ken is a good guy and he's been doing it for years.

MOTORHOME.... https://www.google.com/search?q=motorho ... CtgQsAQIQw

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Germanicus » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:05 pm

OH....ha ha
Germanicus

Postby Germanicus » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:09 pm

I've noticed in my CI experience feast days are not that important, at least when I was an "Armstrongite" we had some wonderful Feasts.
Germanicus

Postby wmfinck » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:15 pm

We would love to have feast gatherings. But who has the facility? It requires a relatively safe patch of land, perhaps some amenities such as outhouses, washrooms, a cooking area, and a pavilion or pole barn for get-togethers. We just don't have a budget for that.

Perhaps we could rent a space somewhere, but before spending the money on that, we would have to have sufficient people committed to it. Any volunteer organizers out there?
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Germanicus » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:40 pm

Point well taken,The "Red Neck Riviera" (Ft.Walton to Panama City) is well known by other "Sabbath Keeping Churches" for a place to hold the Feast. Perhaps compiling a list of interested participants would be a good place to start. I am DYING TO MEET OTHER CI"ERS!
Germanicus

Postby Nayto » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:16 am

Germanicus wrote:I've noticed in my CI experience feast days are not that important, at least when I was an "Armstrongite" we had some wonderful Feasts.

We will certainly work towards that ideal though! :)

Attending feasts is really wonderful fellowship and recharges the batteries of the CI who attend.
Nayto

Postby Germanicus » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Bill and Melissa are already in Panama City and there are dozens of hotels there that could be shared to cut expenses. Something to think about. Next issue, calculating the feast days,full moon, new moon? Opinions vary.
Germanicus

Next

Return to Feasts and Calendar Issues