This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

My collection

Just keep it lawful.

My collection

Postby NicoChristian » Sun May 29, 2016 7:38 am

WP_20160514_08_45_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20160514_08_45_19_Pro.jpg (644.12 KiB) Viewed 3625 times
Here's a small portion of my personal arsenal. I'm always looking to improve it and add more items. I couldn't fit everything in, i.e, my bow and arrow and crossbow. Sometimes I think I have an unhealthy obsession with war. Runs in the blood, from the Israelite ancestors to my modern brethren.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Re: My collection

Postby Joe » Sun May 29, 2016 9:07 am

I especially like the ornate dagger and the modified/shaped hammer, I have always wanted to learn to craft and smith my own blades or axes. Do you wish you had better access to firearms where you are? I doubt I could even get a shotgun.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby NicoChristian » Sun May 29, 2016 12:57 pm

Gun control laws here are completely over the top. Regardless we do what we can and obtain what we can using loopholes, etc. You can get some fairly good weaponry with the current laws; so I make the most of what we have hoping for positive change in the future. I fear not the weapons, I fear the man behind them. A fool could have the most modern assault rifle in his hands, but it would do him no good because he's a fool. Train with what you have, perfect your skills and become deadly regardless of the restrictions.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Joe » Sun May 29, 2016 1:17 pm

NicoChristian wrote
I fear not the weapons, I fear the man behind them. Train with what you have, perfect your skills and become deadly regardless of the restrictions.

Good point, very true. Did you use an angle grinder on the hammer, than file and sharpen the edges?
I am very much a workshed (not usually metalwork) sort of person, my collection would be a large number of tools and power tools. :)
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Les » Sun May 29, 2016 3:01 pm

What kind of locking / flick knives are those?
years ago I bought some knife magazines and just remember Spyderco was a brand name always mentioned.

I own a few folding knives, but don't like them as much as a regular fixed blade.
Probably because I had a flick knife that would close up if too much pressure was put on it, the lock wouldn't stick.
Makes it dangerous, might cut off your own fingers !
Les

Postby Joe » Mon May 30, 2016 3:47 am

Wow, that is risky Les. But if you wanted to carry a knife for self-defense (which is illegal in Oz), it would have to be a flick knife. Butterfly knives are illegal too. I have seen some pretty descent flick knives, but they can be as much as $500+, like the Sebenza.

The easiest weapon to carry in that collection would be the knuckles dusters, they are illegal in Oz too, so I am just speaking in hypothetical terms. I think it would be good to keep a long hammer or machete around the house.
Joe

Postby Teutonic » Mon May 30, 2016 4:01 am

I'll take the Hitler Youth knife if that's what that is...
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby NicoChristian » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:54 am

Pity it's only a reproduction. That said I have an original WW2 German bayonet. Hopefully it was used to kill some Communist scum, but unlikely. I got it from a friend who's a WW1/WW2 re-enactor. You can tell the difference between original German quality and crummy modern stainless steel. When I was in Finland there is lots of Communist produced items, badges, clothes, equipment etc. All of very poor quality. One thing that doesn't change about Communism is the poor quality of the goods they produce. All Communist, former Communist, reformed Communist i.e. democracy produce low quality goods that you would expect from Taiwan.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby NicoChristian » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Here's a photo with some of my other weapons.
Attachments
V__1E79.JPG
V__1E79.JPG (227.96 KiB) Viewed 3078 times
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Return to Self-defence and military