This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Australian Anthem

Discussions about more recent history

The Australian Anthem

Postby Joe » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:53 pm

It is Australia day today.
Basically it is a day when we celebrate diversity. It used to celebrate the arrival of the first fleet. They now give awards to marxist traitors who 'progressed' our society on this day.

In 1984 Australia departed from 'God save the Queen' and modified a song called 'Advance Australia Fair'. Here is an edited post, from a football forum, showing the difference between the versions. Notice the 'lost' sixth verse and the verse about repelling foreigners with arms. Australia had a white Australia policy until 1973.

Modified version (not much to see here)
Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We’ve golden soil and wealth for toil;
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature’s gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history’s page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.

In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross
We’ll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who’ve come across the seas
We’ve boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To Advance Australia Fair.

Advance Australia Fair.

Original version (I underlined some notable differences)
The original lyrics to Advance Australia Fair as written by Peter Dodds McCormick and first performed in 1878 are as follows:

Verse One
Australia's sons let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in Nature's gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history's page, let every stage
Advance Australia fair!
"Advance Australia fair!"

Verse Two
When gallant Cook from Albion sail'd,
To trace wide oceans o'er,
True British courage bore him on,
Till he landed on our shore.
Then here he raised Old England's flag,
The standard of the brave;
With all her faults we love her still,
"Brittannia rules the wave!"
In joyful strains then let us sing

Verse Three
While other nations of the globe
Behold us from afar,
We'll rise to high renown and shine
Like our glorious southern star;
From England, Scotia, Erin's Isle,
Who come our lot to share,
Let all combine with heart and hand
To advance Australia fair!

Verse Four
Shou'd foreign foe e'er sight our coast,
Or dare a foot to land,
We'll rouse to arms like sires of yore
To guard our native strand;

Brittannia then shall surely know,
Beyond wide ocean's roll,
Her sons in fair Australia's land
Still keep a British soul.
In joyful strains the let us sing

The current 2nd verse was introduced as a "New" Third Verse and was first sung in 1901 at Federation.

New Third Verse
Beneath our radiant southern Cross,
We'll toil with hearts and hands;
To make this Commonwealth of ours
Renowned of all the lands;
For those who've come across the seas
We've boundless plains to share;
With courage let us all combine
To advance Australia fair.

There is also talk of a lost verse which was performed in the 1930's - it would appear that this is in no way part of the original lyrics.

The lost verse
Lost 6th Verse
With Christ our head and cornerstone,
We'll build our Nation's might,
Whose way and truth and light alone,

Can guide our path aright.
Our lives, a sacrifice of love,
Reflect our Master's care
With faces turned to heaven above,
Advance Australia fair.
Advance Australia fair.

There is a lot that isn't a part of the original lyrics, yet this lost first seems to upset people the most.
Last edited by Joe on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: The Australian Anthem

Postby Teutonic » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:01 am

I had no idea you were Australian, but im sure you feel like i do when i hear our American national anthem: absolutely nothing. A giant, empty void where my patriotism ought to be i suppose.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:06 am

You are right. You and me, we are patriots of a very different nation, a real nation, a kindred nation.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Fenwick » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:40 pm

I always quite liked the flow of Australia's anthem. I didn't know they'd changed the lyrics, but I think I prefer the old one. :D

It seems like every white nation these days plays up some stupid multicultural immigrant ideal, as if all nations are just swarthy masses of transient slaves for the jew. And most people don't think deeply enough to see the lie.

It ought to be obvious for Australia. Supposedly settled for 40,000 years, and all the abos did was burn down most of the trees and somehow fail to invent the bow and arrow. It's right next to Asia but none of the asians ever did anything with it. Like South Africaand America, there was nothing there until the White race colonised them.
Fenwick

Postby Les » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:33 pm

I do not know enough about Aussies, but so far, of those born after 1970, are very liberal, that have only SOME oldschool values. Correct me if I am wrong.
They say they hate disgusting "foreigners", but are Ok with homos/lezbiacs.??

Australia seems exactly like what Canada WAS LIKE, and now you too have many foreigners and even if with a "vote", it do not mean s**t.

Over here,- The Anglo's, and French (mostly Catholic, who occupied Canada first, and hated other White Europeans) never cared enough.
Now, not only Anglo and Quebecois culture is dying, but all other European families will be absorbed into the mudpool. I could refer you to youtube videos giving proof of the brainwashing.
Better off , you just search for yourself and listen.

In the 1990s, I thought it was a joke when a CI man once said, one day that all our white women would not only be forcibly mixed with nignogs, but also apes.
They would become so stupid to believe t was normal, just like mixing with the nignogs.

There are stories that some weirdo women keep actual apes as sex slaves.
I never would have thought degeneracy would have got here so fast like the ancient days from thousands of years ago again,, until we started seeing news reports of apes used as sex tools killing women!
Les

Postby Les » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:42 pm

Fenwick wrote:It seems like every white nation these days plays up some stupid multicultural immigrant ideal, as if all nations are just swarthy masses of transient slaves for the jew. And most people don't think deeply enough to see the lie.

It ought to be obvious for Australia. Supposedly settled for 40,000 years, and all the abos did was burn down most of the trees and somehow fail to invent the bow and arrow..

One of the most fascinating aspects of history.
The Aussie 'aborigines" as far as I know, were never cannibals ,and never massacred the whites that landed, unlike what we know of other countries.

There are stories of some Canadian "Indians" (natives) of helping the original white settlers survive the winters, unlike what maybe happened in the USA. (re: " Hoskins -"Vigilantes of Christendom" book).
Different tribes,I guess.
Les

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:15 pm

Les wrote
The Aussie 'aborigines" as far as I know, were never cannibals ,and never massacred the whites that landed, unlike what we know of other countries.

Hey Les, have a look at this:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=6668
Joe

Return to Modern History