This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Noah's Wife

Use this sub-forum to discuss various Bible versions, translations, and other Apocryphal books.

Noah's Wife

Postby SvenLongshanks » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:23 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of any Apocryphal books, or even just folklore, legends or books from false religions, that mentioned Noah's wife at all?
SvenLongshanks

Re: Noah's Wife

Postby EzraLB » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:54 pm

You'll find some similarities of the story of Noah and his wife in the Epic of Gilgamesh. Other than that, outside of the Talmud, I'm sure some jew has written a feminist retelling of the tale showing how it was actually Noah's wife who built the Ark. :roll:
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Sven,

You would have to place your trust in the Midrash or various pseudepigraphal books which contain diverse accounts naming the supposed wife of Noah...

But I would not trust any of them to be legitimate.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby SvenLongshanks » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:25 pm

Yes, I thought that might be the case. With the inference that she was the mother of Canaan and not the grandmother of Canaan in the Old Testament, I thought there might be more about her somewhere.

You would think there would be more references to that incident elsewhere. Perhaps there was in the libraries and museums of Iraq that were looted.
SvenLongshanks

Postby Les » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:05 pm

SvenLongshanks wrote:You would think there would be more references to that incident elsewhere. Perhaps there was in the libraries and museums of Iraq that were looted.

There has been a lot of speculation that ancient libraries are hidden by the Vatican and the Illuminati / freemasons.
For example, information that might explain everything about the entire history of the Adamic / white Race.
One rumour is there is the history of the ancient world in a library hidden underneath the Sphinx's paws which the Egyptian government will not allow anyone to enter.

I was told by somebody, (I suspect he he was BlueLodge freemason) a long time ago, that the Mormons have always been collecting the genealogy of everybody on the planet. They know where everybody comes from, or maybe just whites, since they used to believe blackness of skin was a curse from God, if you ever read the Book of Mormon.
Les

Postby bahr » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:46 am

I was told by somebody, (I suspect he he was BlueLodge freemason) a long time ago, that the Mormons have always been collecting the genealogy of everybody on the planet. They know where everybody comes from, or maybe just whites, since they used to believe blackness of skin was a curse from God, if you ever read the Book of Mormon.

Mormonism is such a lie that I wouldn't trust their genealogical "researches" in the first place. ;)
bahr

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Well, Mormonism is a great lie, no doubt.

But Mormons believe it to the point where they are dead serious about somehow baptizing all of their dead ancestors. I do not know how they do that, and do not want to know, but that is their objective. So they built extraordinary genealogical databases researching their dead relatives back as far as they could get them. From what I have seen, their sources are the standard sources to which a genealogist may turn: church and school and town or county records.

From what I have heard, a lot of the information at ancestry.com actually came from Mormon records.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Les wrote:There has been a lot of speculation that ancient libraries are hidden by the Vatican and the Illuminati / freemasons.
For example, information that might explain everything about the entire history of the Adamic / white Race.
One rumour is there is the history of the ancient world in a library hidden underneath the Sphinx's paws which the Egyptian government will not allow anyone to enter.

There is no doubt that there have been many large libraries of documents destroyed throughout history, to war or fire or natural disaster.

But a lot of the speculation I have heard regarding "secret libraries" at the Vatican or under the Sphinx or elsewhere is usually made by New-Age freaks who do not accept or do not understand the records which we do have in the Hebrew and Classical Greek literature. Some of them have other motives, wanting to sell books to the impressionable amongst the masses.

In addition to that, for many centuries before our own time, men have wanted to know more than what we have left in our Scriptures. They sought to fill in the details. So in the centuries leading up to and also in early centuries of the Christian era, there were dishonest men willing to oblige the curious by inventing those details. Booksellers could make a lot of money in those days, too.

Today we have Graham Hancocks, Laurence Gardners, William Henrys, Jordan Maxwells, and a parade of others making the Coast-to-Coast radio circuit and selling their tales as hidden truths. But we had clowns like that in antiquity also.

Be careful how you read.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Kentucky » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:03 pm

bahr wrote:Mormonism is such a lie that I wouldn't trust their genealogical "researches" in the first place. ;)

I have an aunt who is one of the foremost genealogist in the Pacific Northwest. If a client can afford it, she sometimes flies to the Royal Archives in England and frequently visits Salt Lake City and most frequently County Records departments.

One of the most intriguing articles on family trees was written years ago by Richard Kelly Hoskins at this link:

http://www.richardhoskins.com/2_hr0197.htm

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:35 pm

I liked what I read of Hoskins, years ago. But it is quite disappointing that you cannot read him without paying for it. What a shame.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bibles and Biblical Apocrypha