This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Church of Darwin

Discussions concerning medicine, health, Big Pharma sorcery, etc.

The Church of Darwin

Postby Kentucky » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:39 pm

In case you missed it, Sunday, February 15th, was Evolution Sunday, the high point of Evolution Weekend, a celebration of all things Darwin in the church.
Attachments
evolution church.jpg
evolution church.jpg (424.07 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
Kentucky

Re: The Church of Darwin

Postby brucebohn » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Welcome page.. Faith community..

We take the Bible seriously, but not literally. We see science and religion as two compatible worldviews. We are interested in ecumenical and interfaith cooperation for the common good.

We are a faith community that celebrates the spiritual gifts of God that empower us to engage in the struggles of life, to care for each other, and to serve Christ where we work and live. Messiah Community Church is a Reconciling-in-Christ congregation. We welcome the participation of people of all ages, ethnic and racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, educational backgrounds, abilities and economic conditions - all who want to join in community to live in relationship with God and be of service to people.

Shalom!

Pastor Wolfgang Stahlberg
We are a member of the Progressive Christian Alliance of Colorado and of the Lutherans Concerned/North America network.

Church picnics must resemble a circus freakshow...LOL
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:31 am

BruceBohn said
Church picnics must resemble a circus freakshow...LOL

Absolutely. And Gender identities?!, where is that in the Bible. Where is 'kind into every kind' in the Bible. Of-course we find the opposite.

Scripture could cause a lot of problems for that congo-gation.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby wmfinck » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:39 am

Aside from embracing evolution, they claim to "seek justice, peace and inclusion for all creation".

I wonder, they would probably let me bring my dog to church? If I lived in Denver, it would be fun to try.

Messiah Community Church Home.png
Messiah Community Church Home.png (416.69 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to Medicine & "Science"