This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Fast Food

Gardening, Homesteading & Other Wholesome Topics

Re: Fast Food

Postby ElleJay » Thu May 16, 2013 9:23 pm

Think of all of the bad bread in fast foods ... bread that has been stripped of all nutrients ... hmm ... and then companies add some back in ????

When looking at eating healthy, so often there are restrictions put on breads ... but, if you mill your own grain for bread, that dynamic changes.

Yesterday ... I made delicious apple cinnamon muffins and whole wheat dinner rolls. Yum ... all with freshly milled flour. I always love baking day ... testing the fresh from the oven roll with a little extra organic butter. There is nothing like homemade!!!!

ElleJay :)
ElleJay

Postby Nayto » Fri May 17, 2013 3:19 am

My wife bakes with fresh ingredients as well and if I'm home I'll help out. It's a lot of fun. She made soms ginger cookies a couple of weeks back and they were amazing. Last Sunday I made burgers for myself and pizza for my wife, all from scratch (even the base and bread). These things tasted so good we commented on how there is no restaurant that can beat home made food with fresh, organic ingredients.

She made meat loaf a week ago with her own home made bread and grass-fed beef. It was so incredibly tasty I couldn't believe it. Meat loaf was always a "boring" meal for me.

In short, yes I agree :D
Nayto

Postby SwordBrethren » Fri May 17, 2013 7:04 pm

RowdyGowdy wrote:Sadly, I'm still struggling with overcoming those fast food addictions... support / suggestions ?

With a bit of skill and discipline, any food can become "fast food" at home. You don't have to get lazy and go to a drive-thru and get some mass-produced processed crap.

Hard boiled eggs can be done in 13 minutes which is relatively fast especially when you consider the benefit in protein.

When I eat hard boiled eggs I'll have anywhere from six to ten eggs, but I only eat the whites, I never eat the yellow/yokes. A hard boiled egg white has about 10-12 calories and a decent amount of protein, and they fill you up quite a bit.

Pasta, ideally whole grain type, can be prepared in 11 minutes. I like to mix onions and garlic in with the sauce and then pour the finished pasta into the sauce and stir it up so the pasta is drenched in the sauce and has absorbed the sauce.

You can grill up a chicken breast in 7-10 minutes and have a nice grilled chicken sandwich, I like to add onion powder and garlic powder on my grilled chicken sandwich and I use some honey mustard [a brand without High-fructose corn syrup and without other crap in it].

I've found that people who frequent fast food usually lack basic cooking skills and they tend to suffer from some degree of laziness.

It takes a bit of work, not much, but a bit of work, to boil water, make some eggs, make some pasta, and then clean up afterwards.

One of the major reasons so many children are obese is because most women are too lazy to cook for their children these days. They also tend to think that cooking is beneath them because feminism has taught them that they don't have to cook and that men are wrong to expect them to cook. They don't need to do much to land a man these days, so they don't. A woman would rather come home and throw a bag from McDonald's on the table for her kids and let them wind up 200 pounds by age 12 than spend 40 or even 20 minutes cooking a meal and then 5-6 minutes cleaning up afterwards.

If you're a young man these days you should know how to cook/prepare at least 2-3 breakfast items, 2-3 lunch items, and 4-6 dinner items, because you cannot count on women knowing how to cook [or being willing to cook], and you cannot just get lazy and rely on fast food.

At the very least you need a stove, a microwave [to heat frozen vegetables, I won't eat TV meals and haven't eaten one in probably 5-6 years, I refuse to eat those, and to heat water/reheat left-overs] and a contact grill.

I use my contact grill so much that I go through about one every 12-16 months. I grill a tremendous amount of chicken and steak, probably chicken 2-3 times per week and steak 2-3 times per week, either for lunch or dinner.
Revelation 18:
Und ich hörte eine andere Stimme vom Himmel, die sprach: Gehet aus von ihr, mein Volk, daß ihr nicht teilhaftig werdet ihrer Sünden, auf daß ihr nicht empfanget etwas von ihren Plagen!

Denn ihre Sünden reichen bis in den Himmel, und Gott denkt an ihren Frevel.

Judentum ist Verbrechertum!

Heute ist Deutschland die größte Weltmacht! - Der Führer 30 Januar 1940
SwordBrethren

Postby Nayto » Sat May 18, 2013 7:49 am

Agreed, it is very easy to cook quickly and healthily (which works out much cheaper too).

Although...

SwordBrethren wrote:
RowdyGowdy wrote:Sadly, I'm still struggling with overcoming those fast food addictions... support / suggestions ?

Hard boiled eggs can be done in 13 minutes which is relatively fast especially when you consider the benefit in protein.

When I eat hard boiled eggs I'll have anywhere from six to ten eggs, but I only eat the whites, I never eat the yellow/yokes. A hard boiled egg white has about 10-12 calories and a decent amount of protein, and they fill you up quite a bit.

Why leave out the yolk? You're missing out on almost all of the micronutrients that egg offers as well as 5g of great fat and another 3g protein per egg. Most people say, "Oh no, it has cholesterol", but it is modern jew medicine that claims cholesterol causes heart disease. It's a strait lie. Your liver produces a certain amount of cholesterol daily because the human nervous system is supported by cholesterol. I forget the exact numbers, but the human brain is something like 30% cholesterol which needs to be replenished.

We need fat to survive. It supports our metabolism, mental health and even sex drive. The problem comes in when people eat fat in extreme excess. Firstly they eat more energy than what their body is using during the day which causes increase in bodyfat and mostly the fats people eat are refined rubbish which causes inflammation of the artery walls. This in turn causes the body to coat the inflamed area with plaque which clogs the arteries (never mind the damage in the first place from the oil and refined sugars etc).

In summary, whole eggs are great too. My brother and I have "a genetic predisposition to heart disease". We eat 4 - 6 eggs a day and even according to jewish medicine our cholesterol levels are normal.
Nayto

Postby ElleJay » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Sword Brethren is right ...
Nayto wrote:With a bit of skill and discipline, any food can become "fast food" at home. You don't have to get lazy and go to a drive-thru and get some mass-produced processed crap.

I enjoy using a crock pot as well ... because I can toss everything in early in the day and it is ready at dinner time.

I am one woman that does not like to cook in particular ... but I have found ways to encourage me to cook. I do enjoy the results. One thing I did when my children were still at home was try something new every week. I would use holidays to try to do something fun and different ... and memorable. One thing my children remember with humor ... but did not enjoy, that I thought was fun, was having a meal where everything was green ... including the milk, which was not really healthy because of the green dye, but I was not about health back then. However, cooking at home, then, was healthy compared to all the options today where people believe they are cooking because they open up a box of something that has ingredients in it you cannot understand. I mean ... when I bake a cake the ingredients are very simple :)

I have a file box with 3x5 cards in it. Each card has a menu written on the front side, with where the recipes are located (i.e. cookbook, page number), and on the backside is written all of the ingredients I need for the menu. I may have 3 cards for hamburger night ... or 5 for egg night. These can be added to or changed at a whim ... so I am not legalistic about it. That way each week's menu plan is not exactly the same as the week before. It is very easy to plan a grocery shopping list too. I made things as easy on me as I could. Each day of the week I had a plan. Perhaps Monday was casserole night, Thursday may be a breakfast menu for dinner ... Saturdays would be Hamburgers or pizza ... something like that.

Anyway ... I enjoyed all of the input :)

Elle Jay :)
ElleJay

Postby wmfinck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm

I am with Nayto, you have to eat those egg yolks, and don't let the jews talk you out of them. I try to eat well, and have never had my cholesterol or sugar levels checked. To hell with voodoo medicine which prepares you for their culture of sorcery. Those eggs were meant to be food as well as the small percentage that produces more birds.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Deborah » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:40 pm

Homemade soup. Fast food that's actually good for you. Steer clear of the canned soup.

I always have soup on hand, made from homemade chicken or beef marrow stock, so it's packed with good healthy digestible protein. I can eat soup for any one of my meals, including breakfast. I eat it every season, but I let it cool down a little after warming it up in the summer so it doesn't make me feel so warm. I make a variety so I don't get bored with it. Sometimes I mix 2 different soups to become a brand new delicious creation. I can make a huge pot and eat it all week ... and sometimes even freeze it for later.

I love soup. Fast food that's actually good for you.
Deborah

Postby Nayto » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:31 am

We made a huge pot of lamb and lentil soup a little while back. It lasted only 2 days :(
Nayto

Postby Deborah » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:27 am

yes, but soooo good those 2 days. I make stock pots of soup. ;)
Deborah

Postby Nayto » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:48 am

Deborah wrote:yes, but soooo good those 2 days. I make stock pots of soup. ;)

Yes! It tasted too good, that qas the problem. I planned for it to last a week at least...

You're more than welcome to share your recipes you know :)
Nayto

PreviousNext

Return to Health & Hearth