This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Martial Arts and unarmed self-defence

Just keep it lawful.

Re: Martial Arts and unarmed self-defence

Postby Fenwick » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:57 am

I'd personally suggest that if you're in the position where you can force your opponent to choke on a leaf, you've probably already won anyway.
Fenwick

Postby NicoChristian » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:27 pm

Let's be honest moves like that belong in the circus and not in a serious discussion about self-defence. Who carries leaves on them anyway? On top of that I wouldn't recommend putting your fingers inside anybody's mouth, the most logical counter-attack would be to bite.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby GetOffMyLawn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Some would say this falls under the category of unethical weapons, whereas I on the other hand consider it to be quite acceptable and humane, though the Geneva Convention may differ.

I call it the heeblue necktie, not very fashionable with most ensembles, but then a fashion statement isn't what we're going for here. Actually worn like a belt most of the time, it is neither threatening nor even hardly noticeable, and it has many uses. The most common of which has been with electricians as a tie for wires and cables, but also fares quite well when used to silence those who are just breathing good air. In my experience the best size to carry measures at least 3 ft. long and a half an inch wide, giving you a big enough loop to negotiate around wide brim black hats. The zip tie is fast, just start the loop, then slip overhead and synch tight. I know this is a bit close up and personal for most, but it’s quiet painless (to you), there’s no blood and you don’t need a background check to purchase one. :mrgreen:
Last edited by GetOffMyLawn on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My love for YHWH is the reason for my absolute disdain of His enemies.
GetOffMyLawn

Postby Nayto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:43 am

I still maintain that one of the most effective methods of self-defense is a strong body. People underestimate the difference between someone who doesn't train for strength and someone who does. If the fight reaches the ground or extremely close quarters, it's as good as over.

This is exactly why there are weight categories in martial arts. I read some commentaries on a UFC trainer who said something along the lines of, "When my guy gets to me battered and out of breath at the end of a round, the first thing he will complain about is how strong his opponent is."

I once fought against a world-ranked ISKA female kickboxer. She was around 120lbs and I was around 185lbs at the time, me with barely a year of experience. She was terrifying in a stand-up fight; I could only land a few blows. When it came to extremely close quarters though, all her skill counted for absolutely nothing.

Regrettably, I've been in a few bar fights many years ago. I always came out on top, being naturally tall and big and having martial arts training. One day for the first time I fought with someone who clearly was very athletic and powerful. My experience got me out of the fight with a few bruises, but this guy overpowered me in a big way. The same is true for the very many sparring fights I've had with friends. The bigger ones were always the most fearsome. A strong, athletic body combined with martial skill is a truly a terrible weapon. Don't forget that muscle is like armour; it will protect you from very many bludgeons and even give some padding against blades.

Some of the heroes of our ancestors wrestled lions and bears. A male lion is 280lbs of pure muscle and bone. They have claws like blades that will tear through you with very little problems. Yet our ancestors beat them with their bare hands. The Aryan body is truly a remarkable thing, but unfortunately it is a far cry these days from its potential.

Certain weapons render the body absolutely useless like pepper spray or a firearm, but with blades and bludgeoning weapons trust me when I say that it won't go down how you imagine it in your head. I'm not saying not to use a weapon, but fighting is a dirty business and you need every advantage you can get.

Obviously we have an all-powerful God on our side, so who can stand against us anyway. Christ did say to buy a sword however and a strong arm with which to wield it was probably more of a given in those days as oppose to the present.

Fenwick wrote:I'd personally suggest that if you're in the position where you can force your opponent to choke on a leaf, you've probably already won anyway.

Lol, that was pretty sharp :lol:
Nayto

Postby NicoChristian » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:33 pm

I agree, size does matter. I've seen years of martial arts combat experience destroyed simply by size and aggression. It takes a lot of skill to defeat a much larger, aggressive opponent. I often fought smaller opponents who simply couldn't get in due to my reach and size. Same story, I've often struggled against larger taller opponents. Size does matter, but you've got to be able to carry it. It's no good bulking up only to have it slow you down, bulk up naturally or learn to handle larger opponents.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Gallowglass » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:33 pm

Size matters but when used correctly, have seen fatty, robust guys losing fights to quick opponents. I remember that at school :mrgreen: but yea, bulking up to be a slow bulk is not ideal at all. I'll never sacrifice speed and agility for mere mass.

(french vs ape arms nigger)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_uyKcWZvE ( just wrestling)

or Mirko Cro Cop vs. Bob Sapp another example, well Sapp sucks but still.

Not related to size, but this is a collection of videos of whites kicking black asses. Negroes can't fight if they aren't in packs or using the "sucker punch" tactics.

http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t948072/
Gallowglass

Postby Nayto » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:30 am

It's actually a myth that bulk leads to slowness. Let me just qualify that by saying muscular bulk. If it's fat bulk then it's useless. Muscle actually provides power which necessarily provides more speed, not less.

There are exceptions though where the little guys will win, but they have to do it quickly and it has to stay a stand-up fight.
Nayto

Postby Staropramen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:41 am

The guy who showed me the leaf thing trains in how to use various random objects that one might find in different situations if attacked. Generally people don't attack other people in dojos. If you had a leaf suddenly jammed in your mouth you wouldn't have time to do much damage to your opponents finger, you'd be choking.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby NicoChristian » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:21 pm

Once again, I would prefer to talk about serious self-defence. Even if you could choke somebody with a leaf, it's hardly your number one self-defence move. Why even bring up such a technique? In all my years of training I've stuck to practical training and binned all the showmanship and circus tricks.

Keep it serious, not a joke.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Staropramen » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:53 pm

NicoChristian wrote:Once again, I would prefer to talk about serious self-defence. Even if you could choke somebody with a leaf, it's hardly your number one self-defence move. Why even bring up such a technique? In all my years of training I've stuck to practical training and binned all the showmanship and circus tricks.

Keep it serious, not a joke.

Better yet, stay out of my threads with your arrogance and childlish observations and I'll stay out of yours. Deal?
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

PreviousNext

Return to Self-defence and military