This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

When is the Sabbath?

This used to be open to the public, until the Jew spammers aggravated us into closing it to members only. Soon the day will come, that all Jews are in the Lake of Fire.

When is the Sabbath?

Postby worms » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:39 am

I have done some research and I have found that most likely the Sabbath was on a Saturday. This isn't a set in stone fact but it looks likely that it was. But in fact...does it particularly matter whether the Sabbath is on a Saturday or Sunday? Because the Lord tells us to work for 6 days then rest 1 day. And as long as you are doing that.... I have never had a full time job before, so the Sabbath kind of felt redundant in my situation as I could rest and study the bible most days. This week I am going to start full-time work permanently, and I may be asked to work on Saturday's, I won't be working 7 days a week so I will definitely have Sundays off.

I plan to rest on my day off and study scripture. If I have the weekend off I will observe the Sabbath on the Saturday, if I am working on a Saturday I will observe it on a Sunday.

Lastly, I would like to thank the Lord for my job. I prayed repeatedly asking him for a job last year, I have no experience and seemingly had no contacts so my situation looked hopeless, but a friend of my dads decided to take me on, it is physical labor as well, real work, the money is Okay, enough to rent my own place etc, I am very happy that I can now support myself instead of living off benefits. I don't want to be a burden on anyone, as a man I want to earn my living.
worms

Re: When is the Sabbath?

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:29 am

Let no man judge you regarding ... feast days or new moons or sabbaths (Colossians chapter 2)

The Hebrews did not have a "Saturday" or a "Sunday" as we know it. In fact, they did not have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday either, LOL. But there have been disputes over the calendar for 2,200 years now, and we can see two different calendars in use in the New Testament.

Examining Exodus chapter 12, it becomes evident that the first day of the year began the Sabbath cycle for that year. Every seventh day from thence was a Sabbath. The fourteenth day of that first month was the Passover.

So if someone really insisted on keeping a Hebrew sabbath day cycle, they would have to begin that cycle at each Spring Equinox.

If this year's equinox marks the first day of the year on an American Wednesday, then you celebrate sabbath on Wednesday that year. BUT maybe next year it will be Saturday, and the year following, Tuesday. Whatever....

Let no man judge you regarding ... feast days or new moons or sabbaths (Colossians chapter 2)

It is virtually impossible to keep your own calendar and still live with the world, having a job and a family to support.

Do your best to set aside one day a week for God, rest, prayer, and whatever else you think you may do that day for the spiritual advancement of yourself and your loved ones.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby worms » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:39 am

Also my boss will be a white man. I have done some volunteer work before and in the hospital were I was working a black man was the boss of everybody in there. Also the boss under him was a white woman. They weren't my bosses but the idea of being told what to do by a woman and especially a black man made me feel uncomfortable. By the way the black boss was clearly incompetent at his job, he weren't a retard but he made several bad decisions while I was there. I got the feeling most educated white men would have done a better job than him.
worms

Postby Nayto » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:16 am

Bill basically nailed it of course. Just to add my own two cents:

The Sabbath was created for man and that we might observe and be thankful for our creation. The Sabbath was certainly not created so that men could observe the names of days. It's great to use it as a time of rest and feel refreshed. Good to see you want to keep it and your heart is in the right place.

Congratulations on your job as well. Work above and beyond what is required and become indispensable to your boss.
Nayto

Postby worms » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks Nayto. :beer: I will I am a very hard worker.
worms

Postby Teutonic » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:29 pm

worms wrote:I am a very hard worker.

Well of course, you're white!
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby worms » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Teutonic wrote:
worms wrote:I am a very hard worker.

Well of course, you're white!