This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Alcohol

This used to be open to the public, until the Jew spammers aggravated us into closing it to members only. Soon the day will come, that all Jews are in the Lake of Fire.

Re: Alcohol

Postby Fenwick » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:50 pm

EzraLB wrote:I understand that drinking heavily is a young man's sport--and because you can recover quickly, you can be misled into thinking that it's doing you little or no harm. But as you age, your recovery time gets longer and longer, and heavily drinking will accelerate your aging process.

You say that your drinking isn't "hurting anybody", but you're leaving yourself out of the equation. It will eventually catch up with you.

This is how I see it, although my principal reason for abstaining is because I'm not inclined to get my face smashed in if I start complaining about the niggers in a public place while in an uninhibited state of mind. It would be safe enough in private, but when I'm not drinking it's simple enough to carry on not drinking.

I am only 25 but I can already see the health effects of drink in people my age. We were all much the same 10 years ago, but all those empty calories have made them run to fat, especially once they start spending all day in an office. Their skin has lost it's tautness, their hair is thinning and they cannot get up in the morning without downing huge amounts of processed synthetic coffee, and every mild cold has them bedridden.

A lot of modern day promiscuity is alcohol related.
I've often thought that we could defeat so much devilry if we just married people off at 18, education be damned. A lot of people got into bad habits at university, with drink, drugs and promiscuity. A lot of them would never have done this if they had gone straight from being under their parents' eye to having proper adult responsibilities. As it is, they go away to university with all the freedom of adulthood but none of the self-restraint that should come with it.
Fenwick

Postby Gaius » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:36 pm

Fenwick wrote:I am only 25 but I can already see the health effects of drink in people my age.

Congratulations on your sharp sight, Fenwick.
I hope others will see and seriously consider your words.
I'm 72, reasonably well, and doubt seriously I'd've made it this far had not God given me a similar insight into the drinking-related lifestyle I was in at your age. The meaningless long discussions with "friends" on the qualities of different beers etc etc, the futility .... I know people my age and younger who've spent their lives in bars talking about "what the government ought to do" ...

Your inference on marxist indoctrination centres aka University is also spot on.
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
Gaius

Postby Nayto » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:49 pm

BrettLight wrote:since I'm not hurting anybody it can't be too much of a problem...

Many things in life, especially those things which relate to health, are about managing risk. Imagine a game of Russian roulette where you have potential 100 rounds in the barrel. Let's say you start with one loaded round. If you drink too much, you are loading another round into the barrel. If you abuse drugs you are loading another round. If you eat too much sugar you are loading in another round. You only loaded 3 extra rounds, but your change of death went from 1/100 to 1/25 in the game. Health and well being are the same. I'm not saying it's as simple as this. It is certainly a complex system. But you get the idea.

I see people all over who constantly want to live on the boundary of what they are allowed to do. So long as they can convince themselves that it's okay and within the boundary, then it must be okay. Like with many things in life, if you aim for the bar you are likely to miss it. If you aim above the bar, reaching the bar becomes a piece of cake. The same goes for boundaries in our health, spiritual lives and boundaries when it comes to race and who we allow into our lives. Just err on the side of caution. What harm will it do you, except that you will have to deny your flesh a little bit more? What harm is a bit more denial of the flesh in the face of certainty of well-being both spiritually and physically?

So my advice is to stay away from the boundaries of what we think is allowed, rather than pushing to see how far it might go. Often when you stay away from the boundary, that which lies over it struggles that much more to tempt you.
Nayto

Postby Kentucky » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Nayto wrote:So my advice is to stay away from the boundaries of what we think is allowed, rather than pushing to see how far it might go. Often when you stay away from the boundary, that which lies over it struggles that much more to tempt you.

Well said Nayto. Reminded me of James 1:14-15, "but each is tried [tempted] by his own desires being drawn out and enticed. Then the desire conceiving gives birth to error, and the error being accomplished brings forth death."

Mark
Kentucky

Postby martin41 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Haven't had a sip in about nine years and for that I am eternally grateful to YHVH.

Also there is talk that that wine was actually grape juice.
martin41

Postby Fenwick » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:01 pm

martin41 wrote:Also there is talk that that wine was actually grape juice.

I don't think that would really be the case though. Noah didn't get drunk on grape juice, and at the wedding at Cana, they would not have expected to drink the best wine first unless people would be too drunk later on to notice the bad wine.
Fenwick

Postby martin41 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:07 am

I thought that this was a rather interesting article on the subject.
http://www.johnhamelministries.org/wine_lie_Jesus.htm
martin41

Postby Fenwick » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:50 am

martin41 wrote:I thought that this was a rather interesting article on the subject.
http://www.johnhamelministries.org/wine_lie_Jesus.htm

From my brief searches, I can't say that Strong's really corroborates his statements. Strong's gives "gleukos" as meaning fermented wine as well as juice. The word used at Cana is "oinos" for wine.

The writer also appears not to bother looking up the meaning of the word "drunk" preferring to think it just means drinking as you drink water. But Strong's gives the word used for "drunk" in John 2:10 as "methyo", which appears to have a root word meaning "to intoxicate".
Fenwick

Postby Kentucky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Fenwick wrote:
martin41 wrote: The word used at Cana is "oinos" for wine.

The late Curtis Clair Ewing, who was my earliest mentor, gave me a book written by his brother, Charles Wesley Ewing, who wrote 'The Bible and Its Wines' (160 pages, 1985) and was president of the National Prohibition Foundation (yes, there are still some prohibitionists). The word 'oinos' is the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word 'yayin' or 'yain' and carries a multitude of meanings. There are 16 chapters dealing with Greek and Hebrew words that are all lumped together into one word... wine. From 1730 to the present, the word 'wine' found in common dictionaries has gone through three transformations: unfermented, both unfermented and fermented and fermented. Coincidently, these transformations occurred around the same time jews were buying up publishing houses that produced dictionaries. In the Preface of Ewing's book I quote, "Frances Willard, a great leader in both the Woman's Christian Temperance Union and the Prohibition Party said, "The liquor traffic would destroy the Church if it could, but the Church could destroy the liquor traffic if it would." A good barometer for where people's thinking is today is to ask: will there be alcoholic beverages in the Kingdom of God?

Mark
Kentucky

Postby martin41 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:26 pm

It is also interesting to note that the Canaanite has always been in the lead in that which is detrimental to us.
martin41

PreviousNext

Return to Open House