This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Alcohol

This used to be open to the public, until the Jew spammers aggravated us into closing it to members only. Soon the day will come, that all Jews are in the Lake of Fire.

Re: Alcohol

Postby Kentucky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:43 pm

martin41 wrote:It is also interesting to note that the Canaanite has always been in the lead in that which is detrimental to us.

In Henry Ford's celebrated book 'The International Jew,' much of the volume was exposing the jewish perfidy during Prohibition. Most of the bootleggers and early mafia were jews, not Italians (although Joseph Kennedy founded his wealth on such exploits). They produced the infamous "rot gut" liquor that killed many. After the Civil War and Prohibition, a number of these mob guys donned the title of Kentucky "Colonels," and went into legitimate distilleries.

https://books.google.com/books?id=V_svA ... sh&f=false

However, the titles were arbitrary and unearned from the great state of Kentucky. In Canada, the jewish Bronfman family became one of the most powerful booze makers in the world i.e. Seagrams, and subsidized a great deal of jewish/zionist organizations, which has become a disaster for White Christian America.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Having read oh-so-many classical poets, historians, and other writings, I will not be convinced that οἶνος (oinos) refers to anything but fermented wine, and the word is used that way wherever it appears in the New Testament as well.

Christians are constantly admonished not to be drunk with wine, or not to be given to much wine. These passages are certainly not referring to grape juice. Like anything else, we can have too much of a good thing.

Psalm 104 wrote:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. 2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain: 3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind: 4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: 5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. 6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. 7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. 8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. 9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth. 10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills. 11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst. 12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches. 13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works. 14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; 15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. 16 The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted...
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby martin41 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:09 pm

I just find that the fact that all alcohol is yeast piss off putting. Also the scripture about "beware of the leaven" as leaven is yeast. I once saw a picture of some stonework signage that you would normally see outside of a church (with the name on top and the inspirational message below) except that this particular signage was on the roadside of a strip mall. The sign states EAST SIDE LIQUORS and then below "LET EAST SIDE LIQUORS BE YOUR SPIRITUAL ADVISOR" As if when we imbibe we submit our spirit to another kind of spirit. Just my opinion. Getting back to what Mark had to say this picture came to mind.
candy.jpg
candy.jpg (25.17 KiB) Viewed 26759 times
martin41

Postby martin41 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:16 pm

It's also interesting to note that people are starting to look at cancer as a yeast/fungus infection.
martin41

Postby Staropramen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:51 pm

martin41 wrote:I thought that this was a rather interesting article on the subject.
http://www.johnhamelministries.org/wine_lie_Jesus.htm

John Hamel wrote:The fermentation of wine is an aging process that happens over an extended period of time. It is a process of decay, which is rooted in death. Satan is the author of death, not Jesus or His Father.

First, at the wedding feast of Cana Jesus created premier quality grape juice instantly, not over time - without decay, without death and without the help of Satan.

Second, as stated, death and decay do not come from God. Death and decay come only from Satan. To say that Jesus created fermented, decayed wine is to say He did so with the help of Satan, for Satan alone is the author of death and decay.

However;

Mark 11:12-23 CNT wrote:12 And in the morning upon His coming out from Bethania He hungered. 13 And seeing a fig tree from afar off having leaves He went, if then He should find something in it, and coming to it He found nothing except leaves – for it was not the season for figs. 14 And responding He said to it: “No longer forever should anyone eat fruit from you!” And the students heard Him.

15 And they come into Jerusalem. And upon entering into the temple He began to cast out the dealers and buyers in the temple, and He overturned the tables of the bankers and the seats of those selling doves, 16 and He did not allow that anyone should carry baggage through the temple. 17 And He instructed and said to them: “Is it not written that ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer for all the Nations’? But you have made it a den of robbers!” 18 And the high priests and the scribes heard it and they sought how they could destroy Him, for they feared Him, for all the crowd was astonished by His teaching.

19 And when it became late, they went outside of the city. 20 And passing by in the morning they saw the fig tree had withered from the roots. 21 And Petros remembering says to Him: “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You have cursed is withered!” 22 And responding Yahshua says to him: “Do you have faith in Yahweh? 23 Truly I say to you, that he who should say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea’, and does not doubt in his heart but would believe that that which he speaks shall happen, it shall be for him.

Many judeo preachers especially in the big cities prey on alcoholics and drug addicts because they are easy targets. Their minds are so messed up that concepts like "grafted in niggers" make sense. I think this "wine is really juice" stuff is just the product of their desire to control their flock.

I used to drink about 12 beers a week up until the summer of 2014. I stopped completely except for one night my wife and I went to a restaurant and also at Hatefest 2015 where I fell in with some rapscallions :lol: ;

It's a personal choice. If you can live without alcohol great. If you enjoy some now and then great. Drunkenness is a problem, not casual consumption, imo.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby wmfinck » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Melissa said she would bring me a beer when I start the program tonight.
All day, however, it has been water and coffee.
Tonight's topic is feminism. I might need two beers, LOL
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby brucebohn » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:47 pm

wmfinck wrote:Melissa said she would bring me a beer when I start the program tonight.
All day, however, it has been water and coffee.
Tonight's topic is feminism. I might need two beers, LOL

Yeah, and you might have to get them yourself... :D
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Postby Kentucky » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:29 pm

wmfinck wrote:Having read oh-so-many classical poets, historians, and other writings, I will not be convinced that οἶνος (oinos) refers to anything but fermented wine, and the word is used that way wherever it appears in the New Testament as well.

Is that literal and figurative wine? What would be the Greek word(s) for grape juice or unfermented wine then?

Christians are constantly admonished not to be drunk with wine, or not to be given to much wine. These passages are certainly not referring to grape juice. Like anything else, we can have too much of a good thing.

Psalm 104 wrote:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. 2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain: 3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind: 4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: 5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. 6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. 7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. 8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. 9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth. 10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills. 11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst. 12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches. 13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works. 14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; 15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. 16 The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted...

Are there more "passages" other than verse 15b that allude to "wine" in the above quotation? Is the heart spoken of literally or is it the heart/attitude? If it is the former, the organ, then how can an organ be glad? If it is the latter, then how do we know that it is our feelings that are affected by fermented wine; is this the ancient way of alluding to a "buzz." Can a person be glad without fermented wine? Can a person be glad with unfermented wine? Is it possible to be glad for some grape juice? I'm not convinced that Psalms 104:15 pertains exclusively to fermented wine. In fact, yayin occurs 141 times in the OT and oinos 32 times in the NT and not once does it mean a common grape juice before it ferments? Why would the Bible omit grape juice, if wine does not mean grape juice and there's no translation that uses the term 'grape juice'?

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:33 am

The only way "grape juice" as we know it may have been readily consumed in the ancient world was to obtain it while it was fresh-squeezed. In New Testament times, that required having access to a vineyard. There was no canning as we know it, no bottling, and no refrigeration. So grape fermentation could not really be prevented, although there were probably low-alcohol wines.

It was not necessary to add yeast to grape juice purposely in order to make wine. Rather, the wild yeasts sufficient for fermentation are naturally found on the skin of the grapes. See this article on Fermentation

Because both the yeasts and the sugars are found naturally in and on the grapes, the fermentation process naturally began as soon as the grapes were crushed into jars, causing the yeasts and sugars to mix in the liquid. There is ancient literature describing that process, where wicker baskets of grapes were lowered into jars and crushed directly into them.

I have read the way Josephus, Columella, and Pliny are misquoted and taken out-of-context by teetotalers, and some of their allegations are downright dishonest.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Nayto » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:43 am

I personally can't so how many of the references to wine and alcohol aren't simply that. Grape juice isn't at all a practical drink without modern sanitation and refrigeration.

Alcohol if used responsibly can be a good thing. I can be intensely stressed especially on a Friday when getting home. Working with women and mongrels at work really takes its toll. I can have one or two fingers of whisky and feel right as rain.

In my opinion, wine, beer and whisky all taste great. No drink compares to a cold beer on a hot day. One can enjoy these things purely for their taste and refreshment. That person should understand that the more they drink the more drunk they will get. I weigh around 225lbs without too much fat and I think two beers is more than enough for me otherwise I start to get tipsy. So if you're lighter than me and you think that having more than that is okay, you're probably fooling yourself.

Without droning on too much, my point is that alcohol is used in Scripture and that its use in moderation is okay. My life is testament to that. In my 6 years of moderate usage of alcohol, it has never done me harm.

We should consider what our primary concern in life should be. That is love of our God and love of our kindred. Alcohol is warned against many times in Scripture because there are many of us who don't know moderation and can't handle the responsibility. I'm taking this verse a bit out of context, but consider what Paul says in 1 Cor 8:9, "But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak." Those of us who handle our liberty responsibly should not do so if it causes others to fall. What good is alcohol to you if your brother drinks because of you and stumbles? As Christians we have a responsibility toward our kindred and it would be quite libertarian and un-Christian to say that it is not one's responsibility if another falls because of one's own actions. I've often considered whether alcohol is worth keeping around if its overall effect on society is bad. If any of us are loathe to give it up, does that not maybe mean that we should give it up?

I don't mean to say anything definitive here, but rather stir the thoughts of others. Suffice to say that if we choose to do it, it should be in secret or in trusted company who are on the same page as us. That's my opinion anyway. Also like I said, if you have a problem convincing yourself to drink less alcohol, just leave it altogether.
Nayto

PreviousNext

Return to Open House