This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

musical instruments

This used to be open to the public, until the Jew spammers aggravated us into closing it to members only. Soon the day will come, that all Jews are in the Lake of Fire.

musical instruments

Postby Filidh » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:19 pm

i know that it's supposed to be spiritually-uplifting to play an instrument, and it'd be nice to play music pleasing to father, however i'm curious as to whether others here consider taking up a musical instrument to be a waste of time that would bite into other things we're trying to accomplish, or if it would be nourishing and complementing to those other things that we're trying to accomplish, and enable us to be better at them, to have musicplaying as a sort-of backdrop in our life?
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Re: musical instruments

Postby Staropramen » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:20 am

Of course it's a good idea. King David was a musician. I'm suspicious of people who disdain or dismiss music as unimportant.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:18 am

Finger-style guitar!

...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:29 am

or piano

or this guy

I love instrumentals, I hate pop music etc. I also like violin and finding unique instruments and artists.

The artist are mainly/probably secular, but they are all white.

If you're thinking of Him when you play, you take a break from the Bible to contemplate something, while playing ...how could this be wrong. Sometimes you might play something while thinking about other emotions, but that too helps you cleanse your heart.

My worthless opinion, such because I did not refer to Scripture.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Filidh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:08 pm

well first off joe, your opinion isn't worthless just becuz you didn't cite god's word if what you said is in the spirit of god, which it clearly is. just becuz man doesn't cite the specific lines of the holy-scripts doesn't mean that man isn't speaking godly things or saying something righteous.

also, thanks for the advice, both of you. and staro, it's a good point that david was a musician and also fulfilled his purpose well, using music to help with it.

edit: it'll be a trying task, but christwilling, i'll be learning how to sing.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby xBluxTunicx82 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:46 pm

I play guitar, and have done so for over 14 years now. I thoroughly enjoy it, and the only time that it can get in the way, is when I put more focus on it than on my studies. To be honest, I have to fast when it comes to playing and writing songs. There have been times when I had felt the Spirit within retreat as I focused on making 'the most awesome songs' at the time. I finally made the decision that I would only use music if it is done for the glory of our Father in heaven. And so now, I may play once or twice a week, but I enjoy studying and reaching the lost sheep. Every now and again I do come across someone that is open to the truth as we know it. Anything that we spend more time with that Yahweh is capable of becoming an idol, and I think we all know how He feels about idolatry.
James 1:22 - "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
xBluxTunicx82

Return to Open House