This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

definition of the word 'pagan'

This used to be open to the public, until the Jew spammers aggravated us into closing it to members only. Soon the day will come, that all Jews are in the Lake of Fire.

Re: definition of the word 'pagan'

Postby Kentucky » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:21 pm

"14 Do not become yoked together with untrustworthy aliens; for what participation has justice and lawlessness? And what fellowship has light towards darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Beliar? Or what share the faithful with the faithless? 16 And what agreement has a temple of Yahweh with idols? For you are a temple of the living Yahweh; just as Yahweh has said, “I will dwell among them, and I will walk about; and I will be their God, and they will be my people.” 17 On which account “Come out from the midst of them and be separated,” says the Prince, and “do not be joined to the impure, and I will admit you." II Cor. 6:14-17 CNT.

It has been my experience that there are some people who are spiritual sponges and take valuable time away from earnest seekers of the truth. Jesus told Peter to "Feed My sheep." However, some people are not interested in being fed. All we can do is plant the seed. Our Father does the germination. Christ Himself had to move out of town (Nazareth) and said, "No prophet is accepted in his own country" Luke 4:24. He then moved to the greener pastures of Capernaum. Time is of the essence. I wish I had the luxury of time to spoon feed each individual "pagan" who just doesn't get it. But, I am forced to minister and help those wanting it. It really is a 'take it or leave it' proposition. We are only required to admonish a heretic twice i.e. Titus 3:10. They are rejected by their own obstinance. I explain why some people just don't get it: http://kinsmanredeemer.com/SomePeopleDontGetIt.htm

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Filidh » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:52 pm

you're right. we should be as lights of the society without being equally yoked together with unbelievers. that's how those two points are reconciled, we separate ourselfs, heal ourselfs, and then go into them as lights of the society, as the leafs of the tree of life that are for the healing of the nations.

so it's okay to separate ourself from them, heal ourself, and then be a light. i was doing it the wrong way this whole time. we need to heal ourself first, which requires separation from society and by extension oneness with father.

that's why we are told to wait until we're thirty to teach in the assembly. because our today refutes our yesterday during the establishment of our worldview.

starting now, i'll live as christ lived in this respect, and ask many questions, but not teach as if having authority in the assembly before i'm thirty.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby Kentucky » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Filidh wrote:you're right. we should be as lights of the society without being equally yoked together with unbelievers. that's how those two points are reconciled, we separate ourselfs, heal ourselfs, and then go into them as lights of the society, as the leafs of the tree of life that are for the healing of the nations.

so it's okay to separate ourself from them, heal ourself, and then be a light. i was doing it the wrong way this whole time. we need to heal ourself first, which requires separation from society and by extension oneness with father.

that's why we are told to wait until we're thirty to teach in the assembly. because our today refutes our yesterday during the establishment of our worldview.

starting now, i'll live as christ lived in this respect, and ask many questions, but not teach as if having authority in the assembly before i'm thirty.

Well, yes and no LOL. I didn't mean to sound that formal. Even Christ spoke as a lad in the temple. Every member of the body of Christ has a gift and calling and can impart truth to whomsoever (of the White race, regardless of age). There are old people who have never matured in Christ. And out of the mouths of babes comes the simplicity of Christ. But, you're right as far as preparing for our tasks at hand and is what the Lord did in the wilderness before He launched His 3 year ministry. The thing is, "He said to them “Great is the harvest, but those who work are few" Luke 10:2. I pray that you persevere Filidh and give that which is holy to the holy. God bless.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:06 am

Staropramen wrote:
MikeTheAdamite wrote:I just wondered if I am correct in calling my Athiest father,a pagan because that would really get his back up!!

You should probably honor your parents to the best of your ability. Circumstances can make that very difficult sometimes, I understand.

While Staropramen's advice is certainly correct, your atheist father would be identified better as a Marxist, rather than a pagan.

The word PAGAN comes from the Latin paganus and pagus, which describe a country-dweller or villager, someone who is rustic and therefore simple or unlearned. The Greek word pagos is a hill. So pagans were the original hillbillies.

Pagan in the Latin religious sense, I believe, represents any local superstition which is contrary to or alien to the accepted beliefs of the educated society as a whole. (Whether the society is educated, or indeed, miseducated.)

Now while it is not quite the same as the Latin perspective, let's think about this in ancient Biblical terms: the children of Israel came to form a society, took over the cities, and pushed the Canaanites and other heathens off into the hills. However after a while they began to commingle with them, building idols in groves and upon every high place.

The Romans, although they were urbane, were the descendants of those Israelites who had their gods from those groves and high places of more ancient idolatry! So they were in essence pagans, from a 15th-century BC Hebrew viewpoint. But not from their own viewpoint later on.

It is therefore fully appropriate that, from a Biblical perspective, worshippers of idols are called pagans.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Yes,I would definitely describe my dad as a 'cultural Marxist' as his economical Views are capitalist.I'd say this is true of a large percentage of certainly British and likely also AmericAns.
It would seem then that we can take atheists out of the pagan category.But that would not leave too many people unless we include Judeo Christians who are worshipping Jehovah,who I say is a different god than Yahweh,not simply a different spelling!
MikeTheAdamite

Postby Filidh » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:09 pm

mike, is it not possible that churchgoers are worshipping an idol they themselves have constructed, and not jehovah who is yahweh, since jehovah is indeed only a different spelling of yahweh, the 'j' being a recent addition to english beforewhich it was the letter i, and also 'v' and 'u' were interchanged, and so jehovah was pronounced iehouah, which is clearly smally different from yahweh?
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Filidh wrote:mike, is it not possible that churchgoers are worshipping an idol they themselves have constructed, and not jehovah who is yahweh, since jehovah is indeed only a different spelling of yahweh, the 'j' being a recent addition to english beforewhich it was the letter i, and also 'v' and 'u' were interchanged, and so jehovah was pronounced iehouah, which is clearly smally different from yahweh?

I understand the reasons for the spelling of Jehovah but refuse to accept the validity of this spelling.I see it as a way of avoiding the true pronunciation of YHWH.Jehovahs Witnesses,a Judeo Christian organization would never make a prayer to Yahweh,almost like they are two different Gods.

I think the discovery of the dead sea scrolls has given much credibility to the name Yahweh and Jehovah just seems wrong to use.
MikeTheAdamite

Postby wmfinck » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:17 am

Mike,

Filidh's main point is not in the name. The Judeo-Christian sects are NOT worshipping the God of our Scriptures regardless of what they think He should be called.

Even if they called Him Yahweh, they are merely engaging in idolatry if they are not seeking to obey His Word and live their lives as He deems fit.

The denominational sects, and the older established church institutions, are all engaging in idolatry, because they worship a god formed in their image, rather than doing their best to conform themselves to Yahweh God's will.

It is always the substance that should be considered, regardless of the form.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:57 am

Please don't misunderstand me , I have not made myself clear.I was agreeing with Filidh on them creating their own idol,I was just explaining my position on the name Jehovah.

I agree with Bill that they are NOT trying their best to get to the truth of scripture and seem just happy believing what the watchtower (in the case of jehovahs witnesses)tells them.
MikeTheAdamite

Previous

Return to Open House