This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Protect Privacy and Identity from the Spooky JOO THOT COP

This used to be open to the public, until the Jew spammers aggravated us into closing it to members only. Soon the day will come, that all Jews are in the Lake of Fire.

Protect Privacy and Identity from the Spooky JOO THOT COP

Postby BrainWashingTon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:19 pm

[cut and paste sections of the TOR website--USE THIS TOOL FOR PRIVACY! ]

Tor: anonymity online
http://www.torproject.org/ [download at this site]

Tor is free software and an open network that helps you defend against a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security known as traffic analysis.

Tor protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, and it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location. Tor works with many of your existing applications, including web browsers, instant messaging clients, remote login, and other applications based on the TCP protocol.

Hundreds of thousands of people around the world use Tor for a wide variety of reasons: journalists and bloggers, human rights workers, law enforcement officers, soldiers, corporations, citizens of repressive regimes, and just ordinary citizens. See the Who Uses Tor? page for examples of typical Tor users. See the overview page for a more detailed explanation of what Tor does, and why this diversity of users is important.

Tor doesn't magically encrypt all of your Internet activities, though. You should understand what Tor does and does not do for you.

Tor's security improves as its user base grows and as more people volunteer to run relays. (It isn't nearly as hard to set up as you might think, and can significantly enhance your own security.) If running a relay isn't for you, we need help with many other aspects of the project, and we need funds to continue making the Tor network faster and easier to use while maintaining good security.

The solution: a distributed, anonymous network

Tor helps to reduce the risks of both simple and sophisticated traffic analysis by distributing your transactions over several places on the Internet, so no single point can link you to your destination. The idea is similar to using a twisty, hard-to-follow route in order to throw off somebody who is tailing you — and then periodically erasing your footprints. Instead of taking a direct route from source to destination, data packets on the Tor network take a random pathway through several relays that cover your tracks so no observer at any single point can tell where the data came from or where it's going.

Tor: Overview

Tor is a network of virtual tunnels that allows people and groups to improve their privacy and security on the Internet. It also enables software developers to create new communication tools with built-in privacy features. Tor provides the foundation for a range of applications that allow organizations and individuals to share information over public networks without compromising their privacy.

Individuals use Tor to keep websites from tracking them and their family members, or to connect to news sites, instant messaging services, or the like when these are blocked by their local Internet providers. Tor's hidden services let users publish web sites and other services without needing to reveal the location of the site. Individuals also use Tor for socially sensitive communication: chat rooms and web forums for rape and abuse survivors, or people with illnesses.

Journalists use Tor to communicate more safely with whistleblowers and dissidents. Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) use Tor to allow their workers to connect to their home website while they're in a foreign country, without notifying everybody nearby that they're working with that organization.

Groups such as Indymedia recommend Tor for safeguarding their members' online privacy and security. Activist groups like the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) recommend Tor as a mechanism for maintaining civil liberties online. Corporations use Tor as a safe way to conduct competitive analysis, and to protect sensitive procurement patterns from eavesdroppers. They also use it to replace traditional VPNs, which reveal the exact amount and timing of communication. Which locations have employees working late? Which locations have employees consulting job-hunting websites? Which research divisions are communicating with the company's patent lawyers?

A branch of the U.S. Navy uses Tor for open source intelligence gathering, and one of its teams used Tor while deployed in the Middle East recently. Law enforcement uses Tor for visiting or surveilling web sites without leaving government IP addresses in their web logs, and for security during sting operations.

The variety of people who use Tor is actually part of what makes it so secure. Tor hides you among the other users on the network, so the more populous and diverse the user base for Tor is, the more your anonymity will be protected.

http://www.torproject.org/ [download at this site]
BrainWashingTon

Re: Protect Privacy and Identity from the Spooky JOO THOT COP

Postby mouthypatricia » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:35 am

Thank you, BrainWashingTon. Love your handle. I'm checking Tor out. Privacy- such an old fashioned term. Oh, the good ole days. 8-)
mouthypatricia

Postby TheBoss » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:22 am

I second that thank you! Definately going to check it out.
TheBoss

Postby wmfinck » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:40 pm

I've been using Tor since April, when Stormfront blocked my IP - even though my account was in good standing - and left it that way for 6 weeks, Tor was my solution. It works great, but is just a little slow since most servers are in Europe and your packets really get bounced around a lot. Thanks for the post.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby JamesTheJust » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:04 pm

I can understand that transmissions would be slower considering the various roots taken, but since my computer would also become a router of sorts, would it slow down my computers' performance noticeably? The reason I ask is because I have a rather dated system.
Ye chosen seed of Israel's race, ye ransomed from the fall, hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all. Hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all.
JamesTheJust

Postby wmfinck » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:13 pm

JamesTheJust wrote:I can understand that transmissions would be slower considering the various roots taken, but since my computer would also become a router of sorts, would it slow down my computers' performance noticeably? The reason I ask is because I have a rather dated system.

James, a Tor user does not HAVE to let his own computer be used for routing, it is an option. I have not allowed it yet, since I am a high-bandwidth consumer.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby JamesTheJust » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:37 am

Thanks Bill. I didn't know that.
Ye chosen seed of Israel's race, ye ransomed from the fall, hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all. Hail him who saves you by his grace, and crown him Lord of all.
JamesTheJust

Return to Open House