This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Are some of Bill's Commentaries unreleased?

Discussions or Suggestions related to Christogenea and related websites

Are some of Bill's Commentaries unreleased?

Postby Joe » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:30 am

I remember Clifton saying in a recent audio with Bill that some notes (translation notes?) or commentaries of Bill's were unreleased.
So if we look on the Bible Commentaries section at Christogenea, are these just part of some future release?

I am asking because at this early-stage of my study I am using my own reasonings, and then will often seek other witnesses in traditional commentaries and Christogenea in-order to get a firm understanding from multiple witnesses. I have noticed that I tend to miss things others do not, I tend to look very deeply at each sentence and can miss more wholistic interpretations. I am not just absorbing what others say without thought or critique.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: Are some of Bill's Commentaries unreleased?

Postby wmfinck » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:34 am

This may have been better in a private message, since it is a question which only I can answer properly.

My translation notes for the Letters of Paul were never officially published, and I will be rewriting and presenting them on Talkshoe in 2014, Yahweh willing. At that time they will be posted at Christogenea, as I have done with all of my notes.

My translation notes for the writings of John lay in several notebooks in a plastic storage container under my desk. I will type them out when I get that far in my New Testament audio commentaries.

My notes for the rest of the New Testament, excluding the forthcoming chapters of Acts, are already published at Christogenea, and are available freely. These are not as technically complete as the original translation notes, since I did not include many of the minor variations amongst the various ancient manuscripts. If I had, my programs would be replete with minutiae. Well, in the opinions of some people, they already are, LOL.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: Are some of Bill's Commentaries unreleased?

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:21 am

Thanks Bill. Good to know, I didn't PM you because I wasn't sure of social protocols and know you're a busy man. lol, I am clumsy. I liked how pedantic your last show was on 'How many Adams', minutiae is good. :D
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Return to Christogenea