This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

In a short summary, how do I present the gospel

For members to discuss the defense of the Christian faith.

In a short summary, how do I present the gospel

Postby disciplemate » Sat May 16, 2015 10:52 pm

Hello, I am wondering in a fairly short explanation how I present the CI gospel to someone who has no knowledge on the matter.
Coming from mainstream denominational christianity, I once would have presented the gospel like this: "all have sinned and are in need of salvation from the wrath of God which is eternal hell but Jesus died on the cross for you and paid your sin debt, so if you repent of your sins and have faith in Jesus and make Him your Lord, you shall be saved and inherit eternal life....."

I do believe the mainstream gospel will have elements that are similar to the CI gospel but not sure what belongs and what doesnt.

im sorry, but I have been researching for a summary of the gospel that is succinct and relevant to the message that Jesus and the apostles preached without me adding or subtracting elements to the gospel. I would appreciate someone's input here. Thankyou
disciplemate

Re: In a short summary, how do I present the gospel

Postby Joe » Sun May 17, 2015 1:26 am

Focus on Covenant theology.
Remind jewdeos that Christ only came for His sheep , thus the new covenant is with the same people as the old covenant, the seed of Abraham. The prophets confirm this, especially Jeremiah. Covenant theology is from beginning to end, the promise to Adam, to Abraham, to Israel, to the Nations.

I think that is what the focus should be. Have answers for the 'all nations of one blood' and 'neither jew or gentile' arguments.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby disciplemate » Sun May 17, 2015 6:22 am

Thanks Joe, but I was wondering, do we have to tell uninformed israelites they need to put their faith in Christ? How does the faith aspect work in CI. coming from my baptist background, when presenting the gospel, mentioning faith in Christ was necessary for salvation. Do you see what I mean? If Israel is saved regardless, then how does faith in Christ apply to the CI message? and what is the substitute for repentance in CI as opposed to the protestant denominational gospel?
disciplemate

Postby Joe » Sun May 17, 2015 6:49 am

The faith of Abraham was that his offspring would become many nations, and that those nations would come from him, from out of his loins. That is where seed comes from, and seed is the word used to describe those nations throughout the rest of Scripture.

For an understanding of what Abraham believed, we have to examine what Abraham was promised. From Genesis chapter 17: “4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. 5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. 6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee. 7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.” - See more at: http://christogenea.org/podcasts/epistl ... Jd57x.dpuf

So what do jewdeos have faith in? The promises of God?, will they keep His Law?.
What do jewdoes have faith in?, their religion contradicts the Bible at every turn, their religion is made according to their own fancies ...and they put their faith in those fancies.

I think they need to realize that it is a vain superstition, they don't even care what Jesus actually says, so which Jesus do they have faith in?. Our Christ died to redeem His people, that is what we have faith in.

The way to help them realize would be to ask what Abraham believed, who had the promises of God and His Law?. His Law and promises are only for Israel. Who are His sheep?. He came only for Israel (Matthew 15:24).

Psa 147:19 He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.
Psa 147:20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Joe » Sun May 17, 2015 7:58 am

disciplemate wrote
Do you see what I mean? If Israel is saved regardless, then how does faith in Christ apply to the CI message?

Good question.
I think you keep His law, that is faith. That is how we bring in the Kingdom, but we are not justified or saved by the Law. And so we must remember that He died for our sins. You trust in His promise, His propitiation.

Israel was under the Law and sinned, Israel is redeemed in Christ.
Joe

Postby disciplemate » Sun May 17, 2015 8:14 am

yeah okay Joe, I think I understand what you are saying in regards to the faith aspect.
In protestant denominationalism, faith was considered something separate from the keeping of the law. More like a heart trust in Jesus as savior. But CI seems to be different in that it teaches faith is by the keeping of the law. Faithfulness to how a man commits to his wife in practicality.
disciplemate

Postby Joe » Sun May 17, 2015 8:34 am

Mat 22:37 And He said to him: "Love Yahweh your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
Joh 14:15 If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

It is what the Bible says.
I think most jewdeos faith is akin to hoping a four-leaf clover will give you good-luck.
Joe

Postby MichaelAllen » Mon May 18, 2015 12:02 am

Dude, there is not "a way" of presenting the gospel. It's going to be different for each person with whom you speak.

Here are some things to keep in mind though:

1.) How well do you know this person?

2.) What is their view on the Bible? (i.e. do they attend church somewhere? which one?)

3.) What is their current view on race?

4.) How do they feel about conspiratorial viewpoints of history?

5.) Where are they at on the mainstream political paradigm?

6.) Is this person satisfied with their current belief system?

7.) How eager are they to learn something new?

8.) How much time are you about to have with this person?

9.) How much time will they feasibly give to verifying what you tell them?

There are probably other things you might consider beyond these, but I don't want to give the impression that I have some sort of checklist like this that I'm actually marking off, but these are all thoughts that I have had at one time or another when I'm about to engage someone with the truth - I had to actually sit here and think these up and compile them.

So, with point #1... if this person knows you well, you have to determine what is the best way to bring it up. If they know you well, they already ought to know what you believe anyway, Lol, but I understand that you may be new... so if you are... the best thing that I can recommend to you while you're in a "newbie" state, don't take someone to task as if you are trying to teach them something, because if they break out a question on you that you aren't ready for, they're gonna write you off as dogmatic. I learned this the hard way.

The first person I reached with the truth effectively, I wasn't even intending to reach them per se. I just said something like, "Man... I've been reading some crazy stuff lately about the Bible, and in a nutshell that the people of Europe actually descended from the dispersions of ancient Israel, and this is why the gospel was dispatched into Europe after the time of Christ, because the prophet Jeremiah foretold that there would be a new covenant with the House of Israel and with the House of Judah. At first I thought it was really just some hair brain concept, but these writers I'm reading are actually backing up their claims with the Bible, and I'm really not sure what to make of it."

What happened when I said this was, he didn't feel like I was trying to proselytize him, and he started firing off questions almost automatically, and if I didn't know an answer, I just said, "I don't know how that fits into this paradigm yet. I'll have to think about it, and study it out."

It was literally an accidental conversion. This person was one of my own brothers.

If you don't know them well at all, then it helps greatly to ascertain points #2-#9, and you're not gonna get all of those answered by just talking yourself... so, I'd say the best thing to do, is really learn to listen to people. People want to talk more than they do - give them the chance, and really focus on what they are saying and what they are trying to get across. Be a good listener first, because you never know what someone is gonna say that gives away their inner thoughts on some of the peripheral issues.

Also, keep in mind that CI theology literally touches so many issues, and it literally has a lot of admonition to offer our current culture, government, economy, etc. The standard churches (and their antinomian viewpoints) have no way of evaluating the world around them from a Biblical worldview, and thus, they really don't offer the culture any alternative to what they find in mainstream pop-culture. So, in reality, you can strike up a conversation with any person about just about anything, and at some point you can relate it back to the laws of God.

If the person is extremely dissatisfied with politics, there's a good chance they are going to be aware of the economic forces at play in the world today - especially because of the world wide web. A lot of people out there know about the jews. Even a lot of niggers know about the jews!

If they are a churchgoer and they are southern Baptist, you've got an IsraeLIE lover on your hands... so you can point out the fact that in their own documents, jews often will admit that they are not the Israelites of the Bible.

If they are a churchgoer and are not IsaeLIE lovers, then you probably have a replacement theology adherent on your hands... well, you'll have to know how explain to them that the phrases in the New Testament about "WHOMSOEVER, ALL MEN, etc" must be understood in a selective way. It is "whomsoever" in a context.

If you are trying to reach white nationalists who are anti-Christian, then ask them what has convinced them that Christianity is anti-white. Most of the time they'll tell you about the history of the Catholic (and yes, Protestant) church, and crimes that they committed. It's easy to explain to them that neither of these churches has ever taught Biblical Christianity, which is only for white people. Join in with their accusations of what organized religion has done. Be able to explain the history of Judea to both white nationalist anti-Christians and dispensational theology judeochristians. Most of these people have no idea that there were two types of "Jews" at the time of Christ. There was a fairly large group of forced converted Edomites, and that the original fight was an ethnic battle right there in Jerusalem between talmudist and the true-born sons of Judah.

These are just a few things to keep in mind.
MichaelAllen

Return to Apologetics