This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Commonly-Asked Questions of CI Adherents

For members to discuss the defense of the Christian faith.

Re: Commonly-Asked Questions of CI Adherents

Postby Acrimonious » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:35 pm

I mean no ill-will toward anyone, but people are misreading what my intention with this thread is. This is the first of, hopefully, many threads in this subforum. I am not asking for anyone to answer the questions I listed; rather, I am looking to tally questions so that I (or others) may make additional threads for the purpose of further dissecting the questions answered. I never stated that answers should be short or that people would already know the answers to the questions listed. What I want to do is to gather the commonly-asked questions and make threads for each of them, perhaps one each week. Within these threads, we can bounce strategies off each other, discuss what has and has not worked, and have a bit of fellowship that's probably sorely lacking for many of us. I understand that the answers to these questions are out there; I've listened to many podcasts and sermons, and I've kept a journal of my own Scripture readings so that I can refer back to it when the need arises. However, if we are not actively working to make that knowledge hold fast within our minds, we will lose it. Just as I have to work out calculus problems to ensure that I can perform well on tests, we need to discuss and determine the best courses of action for answering the challenges we are presented before the situation arises.

I have answers for most of the people I encounter, but that doesn't mean I can recall every fact I could use off the top of my head and give a fluid response in every situation. Any time Christian Identity is brought up around my wife's father, there are other people nearby listening. I can easily refute his positions, and that ability has come from discussing the most optimal responses with others that profess CI. However, I would hate to be caught off-guard by a question that seems so simple that I haven't considered it, and therefore find myself stumbling just to correct the mental gymnastics of the other party. That would make my position look poorly substantiated, and I don't want to feel guilty because of that. Additionally, succinctly answering a question is a lot more successful than merely telling someone 'read this sermon,' or 'listen to this podcast.' Christ quoted Scripture and spoke with authority when He was challenged; He didn't tell people to go find a copy of Deuteronomy, Leviticus, Isaiah, etc. and read it, because He needed to command that authority. The sermons and podcasts are wonderful tools for people that are open to listening to them, but not everyone will agree to that. Therefore, it would be better to conclude a discussion with someone after soundly refuting his claims by recommending the podcasts and sermons for additional learning rather than beginning a discussion with that recommendation and saying nothing else.

It's a daunting task to go through all the podcasts and sermons available, and some people might find more success in their real-life discussions if Scriptural studies were not solely one-sided, due to differences in patterns of learning; iron sharpens iron, so let's put the discussion board to use and get people involved and actively taking part. If we are prepared for these encounters and have an arsenal of responses for our challengers, we'll be doing exactly what we need to do as Christians defending the faith. Whether or not the scales fall from our opponents' eyes is a different matter, but perhaps they'll fall from the eyes of onlookers. That being said, I ask again: please post questions you hear frequently or have heard in the past that challenge Christian Identity. Whether they are from real-life instances, other forums, or paper mail correspondence, I'd like to hear them. No answers need to be posted; we can discuss the answers later. I simply want to see if there is a pattern before making new topics where we can delve into the meat of the matter.
Acrimonious

Postby Staropramen » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Acrimonious wrote:What I want to do is to gather the commonly-asked questions and make threads for each of them, perhaps one each week. Within these threads, we can bounce strategies off each other, discuss what has and has not worked, and have a bit of fellowship that's probably sorely lacking for many of us.

OK. Now I understand what you meant. Separate threads on each question. :)
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Heather » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:32 pm

I've gotten a few "why does it matter?"
Obviously, it matters because the bible is only written about Israel, but telling a full blown judeo christian that others aren't included makes them literally freak out.
Heather

Postby Nayto » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Heather wrote:I've gotten a few "why does it matter?"
Obviously, it matters because the bible is only written about Israel, but telling a full blown judeo christian that others aren't included makes them literally freak out.

That's a good one! Very common.
Nayto

Postby Kentucky » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:14 am

Heather wrote:I've gotten a few "why does it matter?"

I have a lot of tracts and pamphlets in my files and one that was very popular in the 1950's (and I think it was probably British Israel) was titled 'Suppose we are Israel, what difference does it make?' This is one question that should always be near the top of the list to give an answer that reinforces the premise that we are Israel.

Mark
Kentucky

Previous

Return to Apologetics