This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Y'all are going to love this!

If you must make jokes, please keep them here, because most of us are not here to joke.

Y'all are going to love this!

Postby MichaelAllen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:41 am

A little over a year ago, I took a job that would have me traveling out and about fairly frequently, and my wife needed some family support, so we moved back to the Memphis area. We rented a house that (unbeknownst to me at the time) was kind of on the edge of the jewish quarter of east memphis. Don't worry... my security systems are in place, the kids never play outside without my wife or myself present, and she keeps her 45 strapped to her side at all times. Yes, we get odd looks from neighbors, and yes we are very happy about those odd looks.

As it is, we're about to move to Nebraska. I'm out of town this weekend working a few hours away on a side project, and my wife just texts me the following:

HH (our almost 5 year old daughter) just saw an orthodox jew walking down the road and commented that this person was dressed funny. I said "he's a jew and that's why he's dressed that way (black suit and hat). HH then asks, "Is he looking for money?"

Our daughter knows her people are the people of God and that we are Israel because I've talked at length with her about this... I didn't know she was picking up on all of the anti-jew rhetoric in our house. :lol:

Praise God!

Wow. I love kids.
MichaelAllen

Re: Y'all are going to love this!

Postby Staropramen » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:00 am

A wonderful story for a Sunday morning!

:beer:
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Re: Y'all are going to love this!

Postby Joe » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:30 am

Yes, wonderful, she must bring so much joy into your life, funny and true.

I wanted to impart the same sentiment on my niece. We were watching children's TV together one day after a walk (obviously I just wanted to spend time with her and have no authority over her).

The characters were all white girls and then a young black female hominid appeared on the screen.

I said something like "gee I don't like her, she doesn't look friendly"
My niece listened and said "the one with dark skin?"
I said "Yes, she is ugly and mean, I wouldn't want to be around someone like her".

My brother seemed to reinforce the sentiment, she understood that it was to do with race.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Return to Humor