This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

ChristReich and Hitler's 'thousand year Reich'

ChristReich and Hitler's 'thousand year Reich'

Postby Teutonic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:02 pm

I recently received my copy of ChristReich, which is excellent, and upon reading it immediately reminded me of Adolf Hitler's frequent reference to his vision of Germany's 'thousand year Reich' which he so often spoke of- a kingdom which would last far longer than any that preceded it, including that of the Bismarck. A land of peace and prosperity. With so much of Hitler's philosophy taken from the Bible, I wonder if his vision of a thousand year Reich could have been taken from Scripture as well- specifically the Revelation of Yashua Christ?

Or maybe his vision was meant to be a prelude, not to his Reich, but to the next (and final).

Another thing to consider is that, even until the last few days of the war trapped beneath the ruins of Berlin, Hitler never gave up hope that justice would prevail. But where did his stubborn hope come from? Perhaps his hope came from his belief that his work was not the final work, but a precursor to something greater. That even if he should fail, there was Another who would not.
Last edited by Teutonic on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Re: ChristReich and Hitler's 'thousand year Reich'

Postby matthewott » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:55 pm

IMHO, I feel that Hitler had such a deep spiritual faith, that his feelings of justice and righteousness were unshakeable. I believe if that spirituality was tempered with a better understanding of the Scriptures, Germany would have prevailed...but it was just not destined to be. Hitler apparently still had a universalist soft spot that I believe played a big role in his downfall, much like when ancient Israel sought the help of the Egyptians in a war, against the wishes of Yahweh, Who saw to it that Israel lost as a result.
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby Teutonic » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:22 pm

matthewott wrote:IMHO, I feel that Hitler had such a deep spiritual faith, that his feelings of justice and righteousness were unshakeable. I believe if that spirituality was tempered with a better understanding of the Scriptures, Germany would have prevailed...but it was just not destined to be. Hitler apparently still had a universalist soft spot that I believe played a big role in his downfall, much like when ancient Israel sought the help of the Egyptians in a war, against the wishes of Yahweh, Who saw to it that Israel lost as a result.

True, his univeralist sympathies were most apparent in the ethnic diversity of both the Wehrmacht and the Schutzstaffel divisions. If I remember correctly, the SS was in fact THE most ethnically diverse fighting force in history...

Indeed even modern NS organizations still incorporate this Universalist viewpoint- namely, that "we're all in this together" against the forces of world Jewry; even going so far as to call Arabs our 'allies.'

But I think Hitler's thousand-year Reich IS akin to Scripture in that I doubt he meant it to be a literal 'thousand years' that it would last, but rather that he meant a thousand years to signify an indefinite, everlasting span of time.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby matthewott » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:29 pm

Teutonic wrote:But I think Hitler's thousand-year Reich IS akin to Scripture in that I doubt he meant it to be a literal 'thousand years' that it would last, but rather that he meant a thousand years to signify an indefinite, everlasting span of time.

I agree, that it is merely symbolic, especially after viewing this moving speech:

For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby wmfinck » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:01 pm

Teutonic wrote:Another thing to consider is that, even until the last few days of the war trapped beneath the ruins the Berlin, Hitler never gave up hope that justice would prevail. But where did his stubborn hope come from? Perhaps his hope came from his belief that his work was not the final work, but a precursor to something greater. That even if he should fail, there was Another who would not.

Wow, this is too weird, because this was one topic I was considering for this coming Saturday.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby matthewott » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:56 am

If not this Saturday, then soon, I pray. I've been enjoying opening the Hitler video "vaults".
matthewott

Postby Teutonic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:42 am

I second that vote, been looking forward to a new podcast on the MK Project...
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Return to Christianity and the Third Reich