This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Christ the Consoler (of both winos and teetotalers)

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Christ the Consoler (of both winos and teetotalers)

Postby wmfinck » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:29 pm

EDIT:
For topical reasons, I split this topic off from the original thread, which is here:
http://forum.christogenea.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8925

OP:
Kentucky wrote:We've had that debate and I maintain the minority opinion that it was not fermented.

But the minority opinion is based on the assumption that the apostles did not know what word to use to describe what they intended, or what Jesus said. (Here we go again, LOL...)

So I just compiled this short article: The Greek New Testament on Wine
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: Christ the Consoler

Postby Kentucky » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:18 pm

wmfinck wrote:
Kentucky wrote:We've had that debate and I maintain the minority opinion that it was not fermented.

But the minority opinion is based on the assumption that the apostles did not know what word to use to describe what they intended, or what Jesus said. (Here we go again, LOL...)

So the argument is not about principles, but linguistics.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:04 am

Kentucky wrote:
wmfinck wrote:

Mark

LOL, I would disagree. Rather, we cannot get the principles right until we understand what is being said.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby EzraLB » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:32 am

wmfinck wrote:Rather, we cannot get the principles right until we understand what is being said.

It was my understanding that this is one of the foundational points of Christian Identity--that until we get the true meaning and intention of the words and terms in Scripture clarified (i.e. jew vs. judean), we cannot understand what Christ's message truly is--and what it is not.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Staropramen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:49 am

EzraLB wrote:
wmfinck wrote:Rather, we cannot get the principles right until we understand what is being said.

It was my understanding that this is one of the foundational points of Christian Identity--that until we get the true meaning and intention of the words and terms in Scripture clarified (i.e. jew vs. judean), we cannot understand what Christ's message truly is--and what it is not.

Someone said, I forget who, that "Catholics own bibles, Protestants own bibles and read them and Christian Identists own bibles, read them and understand what they just read".
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Kentucky » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:45 pm

Mark

LOL, I would disagree. Rather, we cannot get the principles right until we understand what is being said.

LOL, I'm sorry you misunderstood what I said and I'm sorry to the OP for this thread deviating from what started out as a simple art critique. My point was that linguistics alone will not guarantee a biblical principle. I alluded to the principle of "rightly dividing the word of truth," however somebody deleted my posts and they mysteriously disappeared. I guess that proves our detractors wrong in that we are not all sockpuppets nor am I a 'yes man' in a perpetual amen corner lol. I am glad to see that the proper thread was revived to address this subject at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8160&start=60 Martin41 provides a link which coincides with my position at Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:36 pm.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Deleted posts? I hope not..... I very rarely delete posts, and the few I have deleted only belonged to the occasional troll.

And, of course, "yes men" are intolerable, thank you.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Staropramen » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:52 pm

I tried to clarify why I deleted my own question and Kentucky's response to it but my answer got deleted.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Return to Miscellaneous Banter