This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

New Study: Awareness Of Genetic Ancestry Makes You Smarter

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

New Study: Awareness Of Genetic Ancestry Makes You Smarter

Postby EzraLB » Fri May 13, 2016 12:36 pm

The European Journal Of Social Psychology published an article entitled, "The Ancestor Effect: Thinking About Our Genetic Origin Enhances Intellectual Performance" in 2010. The summary reads,

"The present research hypothesizes that thinking about one's genetic origin (i.e. ancestors) provides people with a positive psychological resource that increases their intellectual performance. To test this line of reasoning, we manipulated whether participants thought about their ancestors or not (manipulation of ancestor salience), and measured their expected as well as actual intellectual performance in a variety of intelligence tasks. Four studies supported our assumptions: participants show higher expected (Study 1) and actual intellectual performance (Studies 2–4) when they are reminded about their ancestors. We also have initial evidence that this effect may be fueled by increased levels of perceived control and promotion orientation. Theoretical and practical implications are discussed."

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 8/abstract

And since only 2SL CI adherents actually know our true genetic origins, I guess that makes us the "smartest" people around. ;)
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Re: New Study: Awareness Of Genetic Ancestry Makes You Smart

Postby Teutonic » Fri May 13, 2016 12:57 pm

I guess it all depends on the manner of your genetic ancestry.

I don't think that reflecting on how your ancestors threw around spears in Africa, or how they passed the day in a drunken stupor somewhere in Mexico; can make you anything but less intelligent.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Return to Miscellaneous Banter