This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Are we to celebrate birthdays?

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Re: Are we to celebrate birthdays?

Postby mchawe » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:18 pm

matthewott wrote
P.S. Mchawe...your picture did not come out on your avatar...I would love to see it!

I changed my avatar to show who I am ! I hope I did it right because my PC now shows the picture. Hope it was uploaded OK. I also tried to put another photo here but I can't get the system to do it.
mchawe

Postby matthewott » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:31 pm

Hmmm...I still can't see it. Can anyone else?
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby mchawe » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:01 pm

matthewott.........my new avatar shows up on my ipad as well. Weird!
Can anyone tell me how to download a picture from my computer ? I can't get the system to do it. I press Img and but can't get a picture to paste in between
mchawe

Postby Staropramen » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:10 pm

I can't see his avatar.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby brucebohn » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:49 am

You are opening user control panel and then your profile tab, correct?
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Postby Kentucky » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Nayto wrote:
matthewott wrote:There definitely seems to be a pervading theme lately in most topics here on the forum...ruling over your brother's faith.

I've been thinking as well that there seems to be a theme lately. I honestly wouldn't call it ruling your brother's faith though. It's difficult to discern the tone of posts for me, but judging by others' reactions there seems to be some offense taken.

It's the nature of the beast in which we have a failure to communicate and the internet breeds a type of demeanor that one would not speak in the same manner if the person being addressed was standing in front of them. By and large, the Christogenea forum is pretty tame compared to what us refugees from Stormfront experienced constantly, which was pretenders, false accusers and provocateurs; SF is riddled with Fifth Columnists that make civil conversation nearly impossible. We've had a minimum of such miscreants in this forum since I've been here, because it is that much easier to discern the spirit amongst ourselves. I believe Geronimo was a sleeper member here recently who started posting and it didn't take long to know that he was an agitator; after Bill banned him, he suddenly appeared on CPM (Canaanite People's Forum) casting unfounded aspersions about us. Nice try injun, but there aint nothing you can say that can harm us.

There is nothing wrong with having a passion for the Truth. The Truth never changes, but is incumbant upon those seeking it. Do we have an impasse on certain subjects? Yes, and that is when one must muster a better presentation than the other guy, rather than resorting to name calling or rubbing their nose in your own sanctimonious "Truth." There is something to be said about being ambassadors of Christ and that is: sometimes it is better not to say anything, rather than chomping at the bit for a reply. Emotion sometimes gets in the way of passion when we are convinced that we are right, but there is the danger that it will burn bridges rather than building them.

Bill Finck has been a very gracious brother to me even though we don't concur yet on a number of issues. Some things just aren't that big of a deal. In fact, he has a knack for defusing these loggerheads with humor. He explains his position very well with this article during the Joe November debacle:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3765

Mark
Kentucky

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Banter