This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Finding a wife being a true Christian

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Re: Finding a wife being a true Christian

Postby matthewott » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Thank you gentlemen, this has been an excellent thread, one that even helps me who already has a wife, but am always seeking to perfect our walk together with Christ. It seems I have been a fool for being away from the forum for this long :oops:
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:30 am

I am glad we are all working together Matt. :beer:

Teutonic wrote
Absolutely, yet think about how many married couples you know who dont include God, can we really say that their 'marriage' is actually a marriage? Without God a marriage is meaningless and destined to fail.

You are right about that Teutonic.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Nayto » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:23 am

Bill's recent podcasts on feminism are especially important for those looking for wives and for those with wives already who need to teach them. If anyone hasn't listened to them already, I would suggest doing so.
Nayto

Postby Staropramen » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:11 pm

Nayto wrote:Bill's recent podcasts on feminism are especially important for those looking for wives and for those with wives already who need to teach them. If anyone hasn't listened to them already, I would suggest doing so.

I agree. These programs are helping me to deal with my own lingering feminist ideas.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Teutonic » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Nayto wrote:Bill's recent podcasts on feminism are especially important for those looking for wives and for those with wives already who need to teach them. If anyone hasn't listened to them already, I would suggest doing so.

Feminism plays a big part in the problem the OP is addressing, mostly because of their obsession with a 'career' these days. So many women have been brainwashed by Jewish pop-culture into believing that building a career in Babylon will bring them the fulfillment they are seeking.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby Joe » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:56 pm

How can a man expect a woman to submit to him, if he himself does not acknowledge the authority of God.

I think feminism is a punishment for idolatrous men, Bill connected feminism to idolatry in his series on feminism.

Another good podcast which is a Bible study.

http://christogenea.org/podcasts/pauls- ... er-kingdom

24 But as the assembly is subject to Christ, in that manner also wives in everything to the husbands.

So while Christian wives must submit themselves to their husbands, in turn Christian husbands must be subject to Christ. Therefore the Christian marriage has three parties: Christ being the first part, the husband being the second part, and the wife being the third part. That is indeed the original and only legitimate menage a trois, and every Christian marriage should be viewed with that perspective.

Note: "The French phrase menage a trois means a household for three"; more information on the podcast page.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby wmfinck » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Using the phrase menage a trois I was using it with its proper and original meaning, but also being purposely provocative.

That does not make me a provacateur, however.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby matthewott » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:03 pm

My wife Pam and I thoroughly enjoy the "Feminism" series. She is the only woman I know who agrees with these Christian precepts put forth by Bill (excluding our CI sisters, of course). I don't think we can get a more concise understanding of what God expects from a "marriage". The overall concept is very close to how I was raised, and how my dad behaved as "man of the house". Sadly, I firmly believe this is the main reason my judaized mother divorced him after 31 years of marriage. :x
For the Word of Yahweh is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Heb. 4:12
matthewott

Postby Teutonic » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:37 pm

I know there's some folks here who dont think its possible to find a truly Christian woman, and that we should therefore find a somewhat decent one and proceed to lead her by example, but i get the sense that the OP is a younger man such as myself. This being the case, i honestly dont think he can afford to compromise on the quality of a potential wife.

It may work for those of us who are older in their years and more firm in their faith, but for a young man its a bad idea. My faith is tested every day, just like i am tempted every day. To date a woman who will only weaken my faith and tempt me down roads i dont want to go is asking for trouble. A godly woman will build you up, while a worldly woman will break you down.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby Joe » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:14 am

Teutonic wrote
A godly woman will build you up, while a worldly woman will break you down.

Good point. And don't marry her until you know for sure lol.

But you may meet a young woman who is very receptive to the good news and does her best to be a good woman. That is just my opinion, I know Nayto and others disagree, and that is fine. Ultimately each man is responsible.
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to Miscellaneous Banter