This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Abortion in terrible circumstances?

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Abortion in terrible circumstances?

Postby disciplemate » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:33 am

Gday everyone,

I was wondering what our attitudes as CI adherents should be towards abortion in rare and horrible circumstances. For example, what if a woman is raped? What if it is a case of father daughter or brother sister incest? And perhaps more controversial, what if the unborn baby is identified as having a severe mental or physical birth defect?

In regards to the first 2, both those are very much preventable but the point is, it can still happen and the last one can really happen to anyone doing the right thing. I definitely am against abortion under all other circumstances but with those particular circumstances above mentioned I am not very sure how.
disciplemate

Re: Abortion in terrible circumstances?

Postby Les » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:17 am

I also am interested in an answer for this, as I personally always believed
- rape is an evil act.
- babies with defects are abominations.

Possibly reading the science fiction novel "The Chrysalids" by John Wyndham when i was a teenager has permanently swayed my thinking.
In the future after the "Tribulation", is when all abominations are destroyed or cast out.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chrysalids
Les

Postby Staropramen » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:27 pm

All White children should live. If [God forbid] a White man raped my wife I would accept the child. If [God forbid] a non-white raped my wife that creature would be destroyed. If my wife refused to get an abortion she'd be on her own. No dirty little beast in my home.

I wouldn't abort or disown my own child due to birth defects. My wife is the only member of her family that is actively involved with the well being of her disabled brother. It's what I admire most about her, trying as that situation is sometimes.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby wmfinck » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:19 pm

I would not blame a man for not wanting his wife to have a child when she was raped. Yahweh destroyed all of the seed of Ahab for what Ahab had done. I think I would want to do the same if my wife were raped.

It may be seen as an incredible act of mercy to raise the child of a rapist as one's own. But I would cite the 37th Psalm:

28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

So we should pray that we are not tested in that manner.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby disciplemate » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:09 pm

Wow I never saw it like that Mr. Finke, thankyou for the insight into that!
I personally could not handle raising a baby if I had a wife who was raped. It would be a shameful thing for the families involved and a reminder.

As for a severe birth defect however, what should we consider? I just hope if I have children one day, that Yahwey would never test us in that way.
disciplemate

Postby Joe » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:45 am

I would like to know about eugenics too, and did the NS actually euthanize disabled people? ...I haven't been able to find the answer.

In colder climates I have heard they used to expose a baby to the cold, the fittest babies would survive. But I know there are accounts of disabled people being healed by Christ. So I am sure we already have the answer in the Bible.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby bahr » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:38 am

Canaan was the result of a violation of the Law and was banned, certainly by Noah the patriarch, who was a just man before Yahweh. He was not killed in the womb but his body was given over to the enemy. Maybe in the case of a rape we should give the child to an orphanage or something like that?
bahr

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Abortion cannot be justified because a child has a severe birth defect. That is a trial from Yahweh that the parents must take, and they should care for that child as for their own flesh.

John chapter 9 wrote::1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

I lived through such an experience in 1990, having a child that we were informed after pre-natal testing may have problems. I opted to keep the child no matter what, and it only lived for 100 days even though I did what I could to keep it. C'est la vie.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby wmfinck » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:38 pm

bahr wrote:Canaan was the result of a violation of the Law and was banned, certainly by Noah the patriarch, who was a just man before Yahweh. He was not killed in the womb but his body was given over to the enemy. Maybe in the case of a rape we should give the child to an orphanage or something like that?

Again, I would consider that a matter of personal choice. Perhaps a more noble one, because there is a great degree of mercy involved.

But I could not condemn a man who chose that his wife have an abortion in cases where she was raped.

And if a woman was raped by a beast, I would consider abortion the only alternative. Hopefully for the beast as well as the issue.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby disciplemate » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Its a fair point considering what the bible says about the maimed and deformed. I would just think in such a circumstance that those affected by defects should not be encouraged to reproduce lest they produce defected offspring. It is just something that is very unfortunate but Yahwey is sovereign.
disciplemate

Return to Miscellaneous Banter