This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

"Open-mindedness" codeword for "more treasonous"

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

"Open-mindedness" codeword for "more treasonous"

Postby Teutonic » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:01 pm

I frequently encounter people who always tell me that I need to be more 'open-minded' when it comes to my beliefs concerning my faith and my race, but I sometimes wonder if what they really mean is that I should be more open to treason against my people and blasphemy unto my God.

Anyone else been told the same? We must truly be living in the last days when having strong convictions gets you labeled a bigot while having an 'open mind' to tolerate virtually anything is considered a virtue.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Re: "Open-mindedness" codeword for "more treasonous"

Postby EzraLB » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:28 pm

“Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.”
--G.K. Chesterton
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Kentucky » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:33 pm

Teutonic wrote:gets you labeled a bigot

Just remember that 'bigot' comes from 'by God.'

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Fenwick » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Openmindedness just means accepting every stupid idea as if there was nothing really true or false, just a vague sort of greyness where anything can be true-ish if enough people believe it.

We should be rational and test these ideas according to their effect and allow us to establish their true worth.
Fenwick

Postby Teutonic » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Fenwick wrote:Openmindedness just means accepting every stupid idea as if there was nothing really true or false, just a vague sort of greyness where anything can be true-ish if enough people believe it.

We should be rational and test these ideas according to their effect and allow us to establish their true worth.

Quite right.

I believe that those of us with convictions are perceived as a threat to those who live without, our purposeful lives testify against the meaninglessness of theirs, and trying to convince us to be more open-minded is their attempt at disarming us.
Duty, Honour, Sacrifice.
Teutonic

Postby Staropramen » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:55 am

Yeah I get this often enough. I just start telling my life story. I've been under enough rocks and down enough dark alleys to successfully piss on and extinguish any torch being carried for evil.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalm 119:105
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:15 am

They are selfish and they are cowards.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Nayto » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:43 am

An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.

Christ said we would be hated for our beliefs, so I guess you must be on the right path Teutonic :beer:
Nayto

Return to Miscellaneous Banter