This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

I AM IN DIRE STRAIGHTS

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

I AM IN DIRE STRAIGHTS

Postby viking » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:17 am

I am in DIRE STRAIGHTS.

The short version is that I’m now 53, and there does not to be any means to able to support myself here in South Africa.

I have been self-employed for about 15 years- mainly involved with ISO SYSTEMS- ie
ISO9001 QUALITY MANAGEMENT / ISO14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT /OHSAS18001 SAFETY MANAGEMENT / ISO50001 ENERGY MANAGEMENT and so on.

While I have had moderate successes in the past, for the last two years I have made hardly any income- for most of this year, I have been very close to being on the street. I have been forced to use up my credit card this year just to survive- I have now amassed substantial debt, and am in deep trouble.

In about June this year I was approached to do consulting work-
I then intended to use this opportunity to get out of my financially desperate state.

It then turned out that the company using me as a sub-contractor refused to make payments, delayed payments or only made partial payments.

Despite umpteen meetings and communications, it turned out that everyone from the owner, his wife, the human resources manager, the financial administrator and the key account manager had no interest in treating me fairly and ethically, it amounted to a bunch of endless false promises and lies relating to my payments.

Of course, they tried all sorts of tactics to not pay- including blaming the main client for non-payment- ie since they had not been paid, they were not able to pay me.

All this despite clear contractual conditions to pay within 15 to 30 days.

It got to the point where I had to send a letter to all parties informing them that I could no longer carry on with the project, and would only be able to continue with the project if the payment problems were sorted out once and for all-

Whereupon I received a sarcastic response from the owner telling me he “accepted my resignation” and accused me of “bringing my personal problems” to the project.

Apparently these sadistic sobs expected me to work without payment?

I am now once again without any source of income, and things are so bleak here I have no idea what to do next.

If anyone on this forum knows of any possible solution, please let me know.

Of course, I am based in South Africa, and have a South Africa passport-
This is a double-edged sword since I cannot get any positions here due to my WHITENESS, and it is almost impossible to get a position overseas because of my South African passport.

At this point, things are exceedingly desperate.
viking

Re: I AM IN DIRE STRAIGHTS

Postby Acrimonious » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:11 am

Have you considered out-of-country work? I'd look into that if you haven't already. It appears that you have a good skillset, and that must be worth something.
Acrimonious

Postby Staropramen » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:29 am

If you come to NYC I'll help you any way I can.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby viking » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:15 am

Acrimonious wrote:Have you considered out-of-country work? I'd look into that if you haven't already. It appears that you have a good skillset, and that must be worth something.

Hello Acrimonious

Things are desperate- I've been looking into things for 15 years, since I could see what was coming.

I've used every strategy- networking, changing my approaches, updating my CV, looking for simple jobs where I can make SOME income, tried Gumtree, eBay and so on.

About 2 to 3 years ago I had saved some cash- enough for a plane ticket and maybe 3 months survival in another country.

Now all that money is gone- I've had virtually no debt for about 10 years- I lived in the cheapest places, paid cash for my 2 vehicles. All my strategies have failed- one of my vehicles blew a head gasket- no cash to fix.

My possessions although fairly meager have been stored away for about 10 years- now there is no money to even pay for the store costs- since I am now behind by 6 months.

I have been screwed over many times- since I do not have a permanent position, I have no guaranteed monthly income. Even though I have had signed contracts, breach of contract is very common here.

A few years ago I managed to get a fairly large contract- but I had to be permanently on site. About 25% into the contract, they gave me 24 hours to leave the premises- since the owner decided to not go ahead anymore. I lost about 500 000 rand in income, and had no clients lined up since I expected another TWO YEARS of work on site.

Screwed over again and again.

It was essential that this last contract be a success, since it was worth about 200 000 rands, enough to keep me going and to reduce my debt. I waited SIX MONTHS for this contract, with almost no income from January to June. In the end I was screwed over again, and was unable to carry on with the contract due to lack of funds- there was no money for petrol to get to the sites. I was only paid the absolute minimum, even though work was completed according to spec and all invoices were submitted within 3 days.

Again, a signed contract meant nothing.

I have absolutely no cash left and am about to end up on the street.

I hate to "whine", but that's the way it is.

I have tried to get work outside South Africa for obvious reasons, but the trap seems to be that I have a SOUTH AFRICAN PASSPORT- ie can't get work here due to my whiteness and can't get work overseas due to lack of GREENCARD, WORK VISA etc.

And so on.
viking

Postby viking » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:32 am

Staropramen wrote:If you come to NYC I'll help you any way I can.

Hello Staropramen-

It is nice of you to offer.

Thing is though, as per my response to ACRIMONIOUS above, I am about to be thrown out onto the street.
There is no cash left- 3 years ago I had savings for a plane ticket and about 3 months stay in an overseas country- this was part of my strategy.

This has been a long time coming, and I have been unable to avoid all of this.

I found an attorney who was willing to help me with no initial down payment- believe it or not. He mentioned it might be possible to prove breach of contract- but even if this is even partially successful, by that time I would be a beggar on the street for at least 3 months.

He still has not come back to me re this legal route- we only had one discussion in person- these guys seem to be permanently tied-up; probably due to all the corruption and legal messes in this country.

Breach of contract is always tricky, since there always seem to be technicalities- since the owner sent me a sarcastic email to say he accepted my "resignation", they may try to prove the breach was mine, since I halted my work on the contract-

However, they did not pay and it was not possible to work without payment.

And so on.
viking

Postby Nayto » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:48 am

Hello viking. As you probably know, I am from South Africa. I'll be very honest and say straight off the bat that for the sake of those who depend on me I'm not happy to give up my anonymity quite yet to someone I don't know and someone who can't be vouched for by any of the posters here who I've come to be familiar with. For this reason I cannot help you directly.

Having said that, you sound like you have some qualifications and experience going for you. If I remember correctly you are based in Johannesburg or at least Gauteng? Trust me when I say that companies there are desperate for skilled staff. For this reason it is easy for White people to get jobs and even easier for them to outshine their mongrel colleagues.

One of my family was recently in a similar situation with his newly born son and wife at home. He relentlessly looked for jobs. He was not very qualified and lived in Rustenberg (North West), but through his perseverance he managed to find a job in which he is doing very well at the moment and is able to look after his family.

I would strongly suggest contacting recruitment agencies around Johannesburg (there are very many) and upload your CV on www.pnet.co.za (I'll be happy to help you write a good CV if you need). If you can land a permanent position you'll be set. It is incredibly difficult to get fired in South Africa given our communist employment rules so even if you haven't landed the best position, at least after a year or two you'll be able to make a better decision from a position of security.
Nayto

Postby MichaelAllen » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Viking,

My thoughts have been with you all day. I read this early this morning and haven't been able to put it in the back of my mind. I sincerely pray that things can get better for you as soon as possible. I lost my employment in the petroleum industry when the commodities tanked nearly a year ago, and it's been a rough year fiscally. Fortunately, we have a lot of family who love us despite our theological and racial beliefs - some are even closet allies. We have taken up residence with some family members for the time being while we try to get things straightened out. Please keep us updated. If I come upon any extra money, I will earmark it for you. I hate seeing this and feeling helpless to help you.

~Michael
MichaelAllen

Postby viking » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:13 am

MichaelAllen wrote:Viking,

My thoughts have been with you all day. I read this early this morning and haven't been able to put it in the back of my mind. I sincerely pray that things can get better for you as soon as possible. I lost my employment in the petroleum industry when the commodities tanked nearly a year ago, and it's been a rough year fiscally. Fortunately, we have a lot of family who love us despite our theological and racial beliefs - some are even closet allies. We have taken up residence with some family members for the time being while we try to get things straightened out. Please keep us updated. If I come upon any extra money, I will earmark it for you. I hate seeing this and feeling helpless to help you.

~Michael

Hello Michael
I appreciate your response- it gives me the strength and motivation to carry on for maybe one more day.

It is extremely BAFFLING TO ME that so many things just go wrong continuously.

I saw trouble coming a long time ago: I worked continuously on strategies since about 15 years ago- now 15 years have passed already and it seems that it's back to zero again.

Without a permanent job you can't get finance, which means I've lost 15 years of payments on a property- which means 15 years of renting in less than ideal circumstances. I'm now 53 and still don't have my own house- no place to settle down in a true "ISRAELITE SPIRIT" with order and space, my own gate etc.

Theoretically, I know what to do but it just does not work out.

This last contract would have been a way out of this mess? But these people were nothing but a bunch of liars and thieves. One colleague of mine told me that this company owed him about 75 000 rand- a lot of money here- especially for any white man competing against BEE

Fifteen years ago, I at least had some contacts, and could at least get SOME RESPONSES if not a job offer.

Now, 15 years on ALL of my long term friends have left South Africa- and none of my family have any interest in helping me- even though some profess to be christians/church-goers.

The fact is, unless it rains down silver and gold from heaven in the next few days, I do not know what I am going to do- I have basically been BESIEGED for about 2 years.

AS A MATTER OF INTEREST if you have a minute, you can type in or copy the following link to my SLIDE-SHARE PRESENTATION- an example of some of the work I do:

http://bit.ly/1PbozE5

Anyway Michael I hope things get sorted out on your side too- I imagine you long for your own independence and space.

From my side I'm very independent and hate to ask for help and so on.

The reality is there is no easy way to get out of the financial system-
A long time ago I wondered why Israel replaced the promises with their own version of day-to-day life ie. THE PROMISES were based on prime real estate- a land of "milk and honey" and so on.

How is it possible that today almost no Israelite has any land?

And if you do have any property, you spend most of your life "paying" for it- was this not GIVEN TO US in the first place?

If Israel still had land, this would mean that there would always be a place for everyone- the widows, the orphans and even the poor.

I guess if I had land, then even the poor could "camp out" on the edge of my land- it seems that today even THE VERY EARTH has been stolen from under our feet! And the only way to "overcome" this is to pay taxes and finances until the day you die.

Since we now tend to live in apartments and smaller and smaller complexes, there is NO SPACE LEFT for friends and family members if they find themselves without work. And even these apartments cost an arm and a leg in many places.

Anyway, thank you for your thoughts and keep me updated on your side as well! :D
viking

Postby worms » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:56 am

viking wrote:
MichaelAllen wrote:Viking,

~Michael

Hello Michael
I appreciate your response- it gives me the strength and motivation to carry on for maybe one more day.

It is extremely BAFFLING TO ME that so many things just go wrong continuously.

I saw trouble coming a long time ago: I worked continuously on strategies since about 15 years ago- now 15 years have passed already and it seems that it's back to zero again.

Without a permanent job you can't get finance, which means I've lost 15 years of payments on a property- which means 15 years of renting in less than ideal circumstances. I'm now 53 and still don't have my own house- no place to settle down in a true "ISRAELITE SPIRIT" with order and space, my own gate etc.

Theoretically, I know what to do but it just does not work out.

This last contract would have been a way out of this mess? But these people were nothing but a bunch of liars and thieves. One colleague of mine told me that this company owed him about 75 000 rand- a lot of money here- especially for any white man competing against BEE

Fifteen years ago, I at least had some contacts, and could at least get SOME RESPONSES if not a job offer.

Now, 15 years on ALL of my long term friends have left South Africa- and none of my family have any interest in helping me- even though some profess to be christians/church-goers.

The fact is, unless it rains down silver and gold from heaven in the next few days, I do not know what I am going to do- I have basically been BESIEGED for about 2 years.

AS A MATTER OF INTEREST if you have a minute, you can type in or copy the following link to my SLIDE-SHARE PRESENTATION- an example of some of the work I do:

http://bit.ly/1PbozE5

Anyway Michael I hope things get sorted out on your side too- I imagine you long for your own independence and space.

From my side I'm very independent and hate to ask for help and so on.

The reality is there is no easy way to get out of the financial system-
A long time ago I wondered why Israel replaced the promises with their own version of day-to-day life ie. THE PROMISES were based on prime real estate- a land of "milk and honey" and so on.

How is it possible that today almost no Israelite has any land?

And if you do have any property, you spend most of your life "paying" for it- was this not GIVEN TO US in the first place?

If Israel still had land, this would mean that there would always be a place for everyone- the widows, the orphans and even the poor.

I guess if I had land, then even the poor could "camp out" on the edge of my land- it seems that today even THE VERY EARTH has been stolen from under our feet! And the only way to "overcome" this is to pay taxes and finances until the day you die.

Since we now tend to live in apartments and smaller and smaller complexes, there is NO SPACE LEFT for friends and family members if they find themselves without work. And even these apartments cost an arm and a leg in many places.

Anyway, thank you for your thoughts and keep me updated on your side as well! :D

This point is discussed in the book Vigilantes of Christendom by Richard Hoskins, it is explained in the first few chapters in the book.

I know this is not your primary concern right now, but here is a link to this free ebook, it is a very interesting Christian Identity book:

http://www.pdfarchive.info/pdf/H/Ho/Hos ... tendom.pdf

Don't they have welfare in South Africa? Surely somebody who has worked for years and now can't find work would be entitled to this if it exists in South Africa. Yes you will be poor but as long as you have shelter and food you will be okay. I myself am on welfare in England and I get by, I don't have much money but I have the Holy Bible and faith which is much more important.
worms

Postby Nayto » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:05 pm

worms wrote:Don't they have welfare in South Africa? Surely somebody who has worked for years and now can't find work would be entitled to this if it exists in South Africa. Yes you will be poor but as long as you have shelter and food you will be okay. I myself am on welfare in England and I get by, I don't have much money but I have the Holy Bible and faith which is much more important.

There is no state welfare here that's worth anything. Certainly not enough to live on unless you're a nigger living in a shack somewhere.

"Welfare" in South Africa is completely privatized. In other words, most South Africans save for their retirement using tax free provident funds and purchase an annuity at retirement. In the case of illness or disability, many South Africans have cover for that as well. It's partly why South Africa has one of the most advanced and competitive long term insurance markets in the world: There is a middle and upper class which can't rely on welfare. Long story short, unless you have family to rely on if you don't have an income you are in trouble.

Again though, I can't see how a qualified White man can't get a job with enough perseverance. White people are sought after resources in corporates in South Africa. We work much harder than any other race obviously :D
Nayto

Next

Return to Miscellaneous Banter