This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Is contraception a sin?

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Is contraception a sin?

Postby disciplemate » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:12 am

Should a married man and woman avoid using contraception at all or should they control their family growth?
disciplemate

Re: Is contraception a sin?

Postby Staropramen » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 am

disciplemate wrote:Should a married man and woman avoid using contraception at all or should they control their family growth?

We used contraception until we were in a financially stable enough position to afford raising a child properly. Since abandoning contraception we have not yet been blessed with children. I think we acted responsibly though some might say we lacked faith. Although we abandoned contraception my prayer has nonetheless been that Yahweh would not open my wife's womb unless she accepts CI. I can deal with her judeochristian craziness but I could not deal with her brainwashing our child with that crap. Thus far Yahweh has answered my prayers.

I realize I haven't answered your question. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of the scripture in this regard will join in.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Kentucky » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:00 pm

disciplemate wrote:Should a married man and woman avoid using contraception at all or should they control their family growth?

We have to ask: who is in control?

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Nayto » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:18 pm

I would avoid all chemical contraception. It's possible that "the pill" can abort a fertilized fetus. Also it wreaks havoc on the poor woman's body hormonally. It is incredibly unhealthy. The other forms of chemical contraception are probably even worse.

Also I would avoid vasectomy/hysterectomy, as this is permanent damage to your body.

Further than that, I would say it's fine.

... but if God wants you to have a child, there's nothing you're going to be able to do about it :lol:
Nayto

Return to Miscellaneous Banter