This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Interesting Interactions

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Re: Interesting Interactions

Postby Gaius » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:13 am

There can be no real substitute, as said here, to testing the spirits by Berean-style study.
I can hear something which is believable because I wish it to be true. This of course doesn't make it true, and in my life I have heard several very plausible philosophies/explanations from marxism to Buddhism (btw it seems reasonable that historically Prince Gautama was a White man) to islam and others, plus variants of them. Many of them can be immediately discarded. Atheism, for example, by the life-forms all around us ... etc ... associated belief-systems like marxism/materialism ...

Like others, I did not accept CI immediately.
Not quite two years Bible, history etc study before I did so.
At the time of hearing the CI message, YHWH Father had brought me as far as "Reformed" (or Calvinistic) theology, with its belief in the Covenants and predestination, stated throughout the Bible. It was not a very huge step, yet at the same time I knew it was ... "instinct" told me CI was right but that wasn't enough.
Accepting anything without thorough study, perhaps by "feelings/intuition" etc, seems imho to be setting oneself up for a fall down the road sometime ...
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
Gaius

Postby Joe » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:53 am

The only difference between the man who sought the pearl and the man who found the treasure is the way they came to the truth, the man who found the pearl also sold everything to buy that pearl.

This is going to be a strange post, which is difficult to articulate.

I do not think I needed anything outside the Bible to prove CI for myself.
A simple example; I knew Christ only came for one group of people, I can confirm this rule elsewhere in Scripture. I then can determine that it can only be the white race, it cannot be any other race present (for many reasons in the Bible) nor can it be a race that no longer exists. That is the basis of Christian -identity-, and that is more cut and dry than other methods to realization.

And it did not take years for me to accept CI, because I saw quite quickly that I could use use CI to break all other systems I had learned. No other pearl was comparable, I too knew much about buddhism and mysticism etc.
For example it is very easy to see the folly of core WN ideology using CI, racial purity is a factor and this cannot logically be disputed (I won't discuss this here). Well WN does not have an answer for this, thus I can see that CI is superior. Since this is a major folly, it is easy to dismiss much of WN ideology using such a rule.
It is like a ladder where you try to refute CI in using many different systems, and then you take-on CI and find that it easily answers questions and corrects other systems.

I tested CI in this way, against other secular things I was taught. This is the way I learn, it is about forming a coherent world view, and once you have established the veracity of CI then your task is to rightly divide the Word to refine your understanding. The Bible is my master, I have found my true instructor.

An important step on that part of the journey is to realize that the Bible cannot contradict itself. Word studies help you define exactly what your rules should be.

I was given CI by other learned men and tested it for myself. If anyone said that I should have taken two years to go about it a different way ...well that is between me and God. And I know that I am not shallow and I know I should not harden myself and pretend when I already know what is true. I heard.

I do not see anything outside of the Bible ever challenging me again. The Bible is challenging because I am always learning from it and perfecting my understanding. But I cannot see any man-made doctrine ever shaking my faith. I do not see a WN, a scientist, a pagan, and especailly not a philosopher ever challenging my mind again. I am on solid ground. I am just a man and my duty to to study the Bible and strengthen my faith.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby bahr » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:00 am

This is going to be a strange post, which is difficult to articulate.

I disagree. Very well articulated, Joe. I totally understand what you mean. ;)
bahr

Postby Joe » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:38 am

Well that means a lot to me Bahr, thank-you. Of-course I hope that doesn't seem self-centered, but I often find it difficult to get ideas across (especially during recent life events lol). :)

I should also add that finding CI was an answer to a prayer, having reached utter defeat in my quest for truth.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby MichaelAllen » Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:05 pm

Joe, thanks for sharing your story about how you came into CI through testing it.

I really feel this is what happened for me too. I was already a jew-wise conspiracy theorist on one hand, and on the other hand, I had always had these nagging questions from my theological upbringing i.e., the way they taught hell is for bad people, heaven is for good people. But as I got older, I began realizing what they were saying, "Hell is for those who don't attend our denomination, Heaven is for those who DO attend our denomination." Now, on the surface of it, if you ask them if they believe this, they'll say no, but all of their theology, and preaching, and literature teaches it.

So, I had problems with the idea of a God just laughing and knee-slapping at people being roasted in a state of torture forever time without end, simply because their theology was perhaps incorrect. This didn't seem like a very intelligent God to me.

Then, I always questioned the teaching on the law, and how could we have sin if there was no law, and so what was God really upset about sin for if He put away the law at Calvary...

So, what do you get when you cross a conspiracy theorist with a defector from traditional denominationalism? A likely candidate for CI.
MichaelAllen

Postby Joe » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:05 am

MichaelAllen wrote
So, what do you get when you cross a conspiracy theorist with a defector from traditional denominationalism? A likely candidate for CI.

lol, I think there are many ex-conspiracy theorist here and I was one too.
CI was the answer, very similar journey. Many nagging questions.

I suppose we are driven to get answers in different ways.
Joe

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Banter