This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

? about prayers for unrepentant Israelites

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

? about prayers for unrepentant Israelites

Postby Staropramen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:57 am

Other than a prayer that they repent is there any other valid prayer for Israelites that are in rebellion against Yahweh? My wife is annoyed that I won't pray for a White friend of hers who fell and broke her leg in numerous places. This woman has tried to persuade my wife to leave me because of CI and for all I know Yahweh is punishing her for her wickedness. Is it valid to pray that this woman be healed? It seems wrong to me.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Re: ? about prayers for unrepentant Israelites

Postby Kentucky » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:17 am

Staropramen wrote:Other than a prayer that they repent is there any other valid prayer for Israelites that are in rebellion against Yahweh? My wife is annoyed that I won't pray for a White friend of hers who fell and broke her leg in numerous places. This woman has tried to persuade my wife to leave me because of CI and for all I know Yahweh is punishing her for her wickedness. Is it valid to pray that this woman be healed? It seems wrong to me.

"Love thine enemy" but not God's enemies.

Mark
Kentucky

Re: ? about prayers for unrepentant Israelites

Postby wmfinck » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Staropramen wrote:Other than a prayer that they repent is there any other valid prayer for Israelites that are in rebellion against Yahweh? My wife is annoyed that I won't pray for a White friend of hers who fell and broke her leg in numerous places. This woman has tried to persuade my wife to leave me because of CI and for all I know Yahweh is punishing her for her wickedness. Is it valid to pray that this woman be healed? It seems wrong to me.

I just addressed this at length in my discussion of 2 Corinthians chapter 1, from verse 11:
In that presentation I wrote:Concerning prayer, Yahshua Christ had said, as it is recorded in Matthew chapter 18, “19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”

First Christians must agree in Christ, as Christ Himself had said in John chapter 18 that “To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.” Hearing His voice, true Christians should in turn become one voice in the world, as Paul said in his epistle to the Romans, in chapter 15: “ 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. 5 Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: 6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. 7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.” Agreement with the Scriptures should result in the like-mindedness of Christians, of those who are “of the truth”, as Christ described His sheep, and in that manner can they truly gather in His Name. Agreeing with one another in prayer, they may have an expectation that their desires are fulfilled, so long as those desires also accord with the Word of God. Even Christ said to certain requests of the apostles, that “you know not what you ask” (see Matthew 20:21-22, Mark 10:37-38).

People simply praying for one another, however, is not enough by itself. Out in the world, people are constantly appealing for prayers or praying for others whom they do not even know. It is vanity to pray for an unrepentant sinner, unless one is praying that the sinner be shown the path to repentance. The apostle James, in chapter 5 of his epistle, had advised Christians to “16 Therefore acknowledge sins to one another, and pray for one another that you may be healed. The entreaty of the righteous being employed prevails much.” The ability to acknowledge sin reflects an attitude of repentance. However even the sacrifices of wicked men are rejected, as it says in Proverbs 15:8: “The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.” James had also warned, in chapter 4 of the same epistle: “1 From where are battles, and from where are fights among you? Is it not from this: from your pleasures making war among your members? 2 You desire, and you have not. You murder and strive and are not able to succeed. You fight and battle. You do not have for reason that you do not request. 3 You request and do not receive for reason that you request evil, in order that you may be consumed in your pleasures!”

Most prayers offered by those in the world are vanity, as James adds, “4 Adulterers! Do you not know that the love of Society is hatred for Yahweh? He therefore who would desire to be a friend of Society establishes himself as an enemy of Yahweh! 5 Or do you suppose that vainly the Scripture says: “With envy yearns the spirit which dwells in us”? 6 But more greatly He gives favor, on which account it says: 'Yahweh opposes the arrogant, but He gives favor to the humble.'” The humble are those who are willing to submit themselves to God. Paul was confident, however, that the prayers of the Christians of Corinth were indeed effectual.

- See more at: http://christogenea.org/podcasts/epistl ... SJ6cw.dpuf
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to Miscellaneous Banter