This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Every Nation said to be represented at The Crucifixion

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Every Nation said to be represented at The Crucifixion

Postby Rogue » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:20 pm

According to Irish legend

]
Last edited by wmfinck on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo in title
One King, One Faith, One Law.
Rogue

Re: Every Nation said to be represented at The Crucifixion

Postby Joe » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:13 am

I did not know the Irish were head-hunters and made such unusual objects.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Rogue » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:13 am

Joe wrote:I did not know the Irish were head-hunters and made such unusual objects.

The Celts were also known to be head hunters, that hung the heads of their enemies around the neck of their horses, I think of king David when he cut the head off Goliath.

As for strange objects, it's not unusual, even today in Ireland to have the relics (human remains) of dead saints displayed in Catholic churches across the country, where people would go visit and pray.
I know this is totally pagan, but when you grow up seeing respectful and functioning members of of society, family and friends do such things it doesn't seem that odd.
Rogue

Postby wmfinck » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 am

The Greek and Roman writers tell of stands of pales (stakes) displaying skulls or even entire skeletons in France and Germany which were put up from the remains of fallen enemies as a warning to future invaders. Since impaling was also a method of execution, perhaps they were not all put up from remains.

According to Bede, whenever a new Roman church was founded in Britain, the Roman officials would send some relics - which were supposedly bones or bone fragments of the dead apostles or other saints - as a gift for display in that church. Yes, the practice is pagan, but so is the Roman church. No doubt, however, the relics would serve as some sort of tourist attraction drawing curious people to church. The Hebrew law would consider such things unclean, and seriously discourages worshipping the dead!

Thanks for the clips, Rogue! The man is interesting.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby wmfinck » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:49 am

As for the idea that "Every Nation said to be represented at The Crucifixion", well, that is a remote possibility because of the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Jerusalem and the use of Roman soldiers from varying parts of the empire throughout all of its provinces.

However it is certain that only people from nations within the Greco-Roman oikoumene could have possibly been there. The "world" at that time was the Greco-Roman oikoumene, and not the entire planet - a fact which is clear from the Bible and also from Greek and Roman historians. Remember that Luke tells us Caesar taxed "the whole world", and he certainly did not tax China or Japan or the squat monsters of the Amazon. The Greeks travelled far and wide, and they knew of people in China and the further reaches of Africa. But those people were never a part of their "world". Any assertion that the world was the planet, or that negroes or asians or indians were in Jerusalem, is utterly ridiculous.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby wmfinck » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:57 am

PS: The ties between the Britons and the Irish must have been closer in antiquity than we realize. Strabo even called the Irish "The Britons of Iris", if I remember correctly. The propaganda of the Jewish-English mob in London and the Jewish influence over "British Israel" has caused a lot of damage to the Irish and has caused to be obfuscated much of true Irish history, in my opinion. The same is true for the Welsh.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Les » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Excellent and interesting information! Thanks brothers.
Les

Postby Fenwick » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:28 pm

wmfinck wrote:PS: The ties between the Britons and the Irish must have been closer in antiquity than we realize. Strabo even called the Irish "The Britons of Iris", if I remember correctly.

I was always under the impression that the Welsh of today are representative of what remains of the ancient Britons. Presumably there would have been close relations under the old Celtic church, but even before that they would have been close-kin in the celtic world.

Even the English often had good relations with the Irish in the early medieval period, with English nobility trying to seek Irish assistance in rebelling against the Normans. After the Norman conquest, relations between the two islands has always been coloured as that of a colonial master and a subordinate.
Fenwick

Postby Rogue » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:42 pm

wmfinck wrote:However it is certain that only people from nations within the Greco-Roman oikoumene could have possibly been there. The "world" at that time was the Greco-Roman oikoumene, and not the entire planet - a fact which is clear from the Bible and also from Greek and Roman historians. Remember that Luke tells us Caesar taxed "the whole world", and he certainly did not tax China or Japan or the squat monsters of the Amazon.

I use this verse to prove the same point

Acts 17.6 And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;
Rogue

Postby Fenwick » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:48 pm

Rogue wrote:Acts 17.6 And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;

I'm always reminded of Cain being driven from the face of the "Earth" and Bertrand Comparet sarcastically asking "What did Cain do, climb into his rocket ship? Of Course not!"
Fenwick

Next

Return to Miscellaneous Banter