This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

esword is peddling junk

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

esword is peddling junk

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:02 pm

There was a pop-up on esword when I opened it last night or the night before, something like "special!, buy this commentary now, only $$$".

I sent them a message.

My message to esword dev:
Is there any way to turn-off esword "news", that is, the ads.

I think having ads goes against the teachings of Scripture, Jesus threw the peddlers out-of the temple.

I have donated to esword and bought many Bibles and commentaries. But I think these ads go too far.

His response:
James,

Really?! One news popup in over a year, and you are complaining! Most folks like to know when something useful is available, and the ACCS is probably the most important reference work to come out in the past thousand years.

The "peddlers" were selling atonement, which is hardly the same thing as informing you of a new resource!

In His service,

Rick Meyers
rick@e-sword.net

My response (let's see if I hear back)
You cannot buy 'atonement'.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Edit: I just re-read his message ...the peddlers were not selling 'atonement'. What is he talking about?
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Re: esword is peddling junk

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:20 pm

*Why* were they selling oxen, sheep and doves? Because the worshippers were required to offer sacrifice for their sins! The Day of Atonement was the most solemn feast day of the Jews, and second was Passover where again sacrifice was made. In fact, burnt offerings were to be continually offered for the peoples’ sin.

A little study of Judaism would go a long way to understanding what was going on in the Gospels! Sure, it was all “types and shadows” as the author of Hebrews would elaborate upon, but it was their “reality” back then.

In His service,

Rick Meyers

My reply (admittedly I did not know what he was talking about, I am the least of the brethren. But still, this does not justify his peddling).

I don't want to study the talmud/judaism, Rick. It seems you have, that is why you are a peddler. If there was no place for atonement in the temple, there is no place for your wares. No matter how 'useful' you -greedily- think they are. I don't want a sales pitch while I am trying to read the Bible.

The sacrifices were done away with before that time, God did away with them at the time of the prophets, they had no propitiation until Christ. By atonement you meant to say 'propitiation'.

Please stop trying to justify your errors.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Nayto » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Jewdeos just make up theology as they go along to support their views. They know so little about Scripture they'll go search E-Sword for something to suit their current whimsical view at the time.

Christ said that we cannot serve God and Mammon, but some think they can do just that in the very same act! LOL!

If he thinks it's such an important document he should give it out for free.
Nayto

Postby Joe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:50 pm

I agree Nayto, thank-you. And thanks for that verse, after I saw his first reply I thought to myself; 'I need to pause and think clearly' ....but didn't lol, I was so annoyed by his attitude. In the end I don't care because it turns-out he is a wannabe kike, serving the kike and mammon.
Joe

Return to Miscellaneous Banter