This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Christogenea Europe: great show Bill & Sven!

Discussions about anything whatsoever.

Re: Christogenea Europe: great show Bill & Sven!

Postby Staropramen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:25 am

Acrimonious wrote:'All' is a frequent target for universalists, and it always boils down to context, which the milkdrinking apostates are infamous for ignoring. It's no surprise that the word 'all' is probably the most commonly-used strawman for any counterarguments to our positions. I would very much like to dissect these sorts of non-arguments for the benefit of CI everywhere; immediate identification of the apostate tricks and subsequent shutdowns would certainly help people without a background in debate. We are told to use Scripture for teaching, correcting, rebuking, and training in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16), and I really enjoy that aspect of interpersonal relationships.

I heard Bill make this analogy. It's not verbatim but it goes more or less like this: A cattle farmer sells all his female cows and the contract states that all female cows are to be sold. But in several other places in the contract it states simply "all females". The person buying the cows has no claim on the seller's female family members or female cats and dogs simply because "all females" is used in multiple places within the contract without specifically adding "cows" over and over. One statement clarifying "female cows" is all that is required to understand the context of "females" throughout the contract.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Joe » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:30 am

I wouldn't mind a place where we can discuss how to speak clearly.

I think we could even discuss the responses we get. For example, I have often had people use a standard dictionary to try and refute Strong's concordance.

But of-course I am no teacher, and I need more time to study.

I have only ever discussed things like -kin-sman redeemer (they tried to redefine 'kin' lol). Adam, to be rosy. Things Christ said, the judgement of Nations, wheat and tares. Bastards (just someone born out of wedlock). Ruth and Rahab.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Staropramen » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Keep up the good work guys. The latest show on Alfred The Great is fantastic!
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby brucebohn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Yes Staro, it is so very important that we understand how
we have arrived at this point in time. And the way in which
these people and events have shaped the world we know.....

Thank you gentlemen....
"Do you not know that with those running in a race,while all run,
but one takes the prize? In that manner you run, in order that you shall obtain."
1Cor. 9:24
brucebohn

Previous

Return to Miscellaneous Banter