This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

DSCI Reading Material

For members who wish to post useful reviews of books or other references which they have read.

DSCI Reading Material

Postby PhilNotChristian » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:25 pm

I see a stm/Christogenea and books written by a certain pastor (I assume). Some of the titles sound interesting. I assume since he's on your web he has your endorsement and his books are good DSCI reading material. You should publish some of your stuff.
PhilNotChristian

Re: DSCI Reading Material

Postby Staropramen » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:53 pm

Christian wrote:I see a stm/Christogenea and books written by a certain pastor (I assume). Some of the titles sound interesting. I assume since he's on your web he has your endorsement and his books are good DSCI reading material. You should publish some of your stuff.

Who are you referring to? Here at Christogenea you will find for example the archived work of Wesley Swift. Wesley Swift was an important figure in the development of Christian Identity but he had his flaws. Some of his sermons put forth serious errors. Wherever possible both Bill and myself try to put disclaimers out there that not everything Dr. Swift taught is to be accepted. I have an archive of original reel to reel tapes from Dr. Swift's ministry which I am slowly but surely digitizing for the Wesley Swift site here at Christogenea [which is currently being updated]. All of my audio transfers have disclaimers at the beginning explaining why we feel his work is worthy of preservation even though it contains some errors. Bill regularly does critical examinations of Dr. Swift's work [as well as Bertrand Comparet] and he criticizes them accordingly. Bill did a lengthy study of Luther's "On The Jews and their Lies" where he also criticized Luther where he either took a wrong turn or drove straight off a cliff.

We don't want to put these great men on pedestals. The best form of honor is in critical presentations of their work. One must always keep this in mind when evaluating the work of previous teachers on this website.

CI teachers in the 60's and 70's seem to think that Armageddon in the form of cold war military invasions was imminent. As a result Dr. Swift traveled and preached non-stop and it seems his personal study time was limited. If he had spent more time in study he perhaps, for example may have realized how ridiculous it was to cite the Zohar as an ancient book of our people when it's actually a medieval jew book.

People like Bill, Clifton Emahiser and Pastor Downey [Kentucky] take the legacy that these men left us, sort out the questionable elements and put CI on a solid academic foundation.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby wmfinck » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Christian wrote:I see a stm/Christogenea and books written by a certain pastor (I assume). Some of the titles sound interesting. I assume since he's on your web he has your endorsement and his books are good DSCI reading material. You should publish some of your stuff.

Christian,

I host websites for many Christian Identity pastors and writers, but I do not agree with everything they do or say.

Robert Balacius, for instance, has done a lot of good work with his own Identity/Historical writings, and also both calls to our attention and preserves a lot of classic books that would be much harder to obtain without him.

He has a lot to offer our community, and since I have the ability, I am willing to use it in order to make certain his work is available to as many of us as possible.

But I do not agree with a lot of his religious positions. He believes in a global flood, and the necessity to undergo circumcision, and partake in formal sacraments such as communion and baptism.

I have presented a position which is completely contrary to all of these "church" ideas throughout my podcasts and writings.

So while I like Robert as a man, we speak on occasion, and I host his website, I do not agree with everything he says or teaches. HOWEVER it is part of our Christian walk to love our brethren so long as they love Christ and His law, and Robert certainly does that.

We have been migrating his website to its own domain, http://sacredtruthministries.com and that site should be ready soon. At least, my part is done so far as I know, and Robert still needs to do some things which only he can do, because it is his material. But you can go check it out.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Kentucky » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Christian wrote:I see a stm/Christogenea and books written by a certain pastor (I assume). Some of the titles sound interesting. I assume since he's on your web he has your endorsement and his books are good DSCI reading material.

An assumption is something that cannot be proven. Perhaps you were preoccupied, trying to find something good to read, when Bill made this statement recently: "But I still maintain that I cannot really recommend books that I believe lead people into serious errors such as sacramentalism or back-door universalism. I won't tell people not to read them. And if I have read them myself, if I am asked about them I will try to illustrate what is good in them as well as what I disagree with. But I am not going to recommend them. Or I may face the danger of having someone believe that I am promoting the things in them with which I cannot agree."
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8764&p=28542#p28542

You should publish some of your stuff.

You lost me on that one Buddy. You're name is Buddy right? You know Buddy, I've detected a pattern in your line of questions since you've been here, and that is: you're more interested in creating schisms (some may call it 'divide and conquer') than focusing on what we provide within our community. Evidently, you ignored my answer to your PM, which was: "As a recent convert I am naturally all over the place trying to figure out a starting point. I have a couple Bibles besides that what reading material would you recommend to someone who believes but wants the truth. I listen to Bill's sermons. I particularly enjoyed Romans. There is so much. I feel a bit overwhelmed but I want to do it right. Any suggestions for a newbee?"

And I gave you some suggestions. It appears that the work of Finck, Emahiser, Downey and others is not a good enough starting point for you. For a newbie you seem to be well acquainted with what's out there; something that most newbies do not acquire overnight. If you're just surfing around accumulating a list of things to read, that may take years and you'll never find time to read any of them, because you will be so confused with the plethora of material. If you want the truth, start with milk, otherwise you will gag on the T-bone steaks.

Here's a suggestion: it took Bill 12 years of study and research to compose the Christogenea NT as well as numerous other essays. Why don't you take one year to read and study what took him 12 years to produce; along with daily Bible readings. And then, if you are disciplined and patient enough, you can move on to other sources. Nobody can learn all of the truth all at once, because it takes a lifetime of dedication. If you are sincere, you don't want to be the seed received in stony places, but rather the fertile ground of fruitfulness. You do want to be fruitful don't you Buddy? Don't do yourself a disservice trying to be all over the place. Try to focus.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:51 pm

You should heed Mark's advice.
I myself do not read anything other than CI theological material or the Bible, I don't feel a drive to read the history books or other supporting materials at this time. If you narrow your study and focus I think you will have a lot more success, and you will be pulled along a natural path of learning, and questions will arise that will guide your study.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Return to Book Reviews