This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

DSCI BooKs

For members who wish to post useful reviews of books or other references which they have read.

DSCI BooKs

Postby PhilNotChristian » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:28 pm

I am new to DSCI and I am an avid reader. The problem is there is so much out there it is difficult to find a jumping off point. I see you have STM posted and he seems to be a prolific writer. I get a lot from the lessons you post. There is much to learn there. But sometimes I just want to pick up a book and read. I read "The Two Seedlines of GEN. 3:15." That is really what convinced me that DSCI is the only true God given way to worship. Any suggestions for an 18 yr. old ? Yah Bless You

p.s. Really enjoyed the work you did on Romans.
PhilNotChristian

Re: DSCI BooKs

Postby Nayto » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:10 am

Hey Christian. There is tons of reading material out there, just not a hell of a lot in terms of actual books. Enough to keep you busy for a long, long time!

Bill has written loads of essays and done many podcasts on his site (christogenea.org). Bill of course has written the book Christ Reich which is a historicist commentary on John's Revelation and is available for free on the website.

Mark has written and recorded many as well (http://kinsmanredeemer.com/).

There are some other pastors I haven't delved into but others can help me out on those I hope.

I would strongly recommend reading Mein Kampf as well by Adolf Hitler. It is really a great read.
Nayto

Postby wmfinck » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:38 am

I want to eventually put all of my Bible studies into books. But I do not want to take the time away from writing new Bible studies. Editing and formatting for a book takes time that is scarce when you do two podcasts a week, write many other things and manage as many websites as I do. No excuses, LOL, but some day I will get back to it.

But if you go to the bottom of each podcast page at Christogenea, you will usually see a link to a file in ODT format.

ODT files are word processor files in Open Document Format, which is used by Libre Office or Open Office. They are open source applications which are similar to Microsoft Office but they are free and can be downloaded on the internet.

So all of my Bible Commentary notes, as well as the notes to many of the Saturday podcasts, are made available in a format which is printable - and they are available for free. Currently, I have over 400 of my own Bible studies, articles and essays which can be freely downloaded in this format, available at my main website. Collectively, they have over 200,000 downloads since January 2014. But the podcasts have many times that number, which is backwards to me.

That being said, there are some Christian Identity writers who only write books, never make their material available for free, and therefore it is difficult to obtain. I do not think that is a good model for the community as a whole, or for the growth of CI.

I may have enough original material for two dozen books, and probably much more than that. But I would rather spend my time trying to get this message out to as many people as possible, than to produce lots of books and expect people to buy them.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby wmfinck » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:51 am

To me there is a psychological danger associated with investing in books, that most Christians are not even cognizant of. Think about it. When you make a decision to buy someone's books, you are investing in that person. When people read those books which they have invested in, they do not want to think that they made a bad decision.

But Christian Identity has a long way to go. Most Christian Identity "pastors" throughout its entire history are still caught in the mire of the traditions of men. One such popular individual, who is a good man but who is stuck in a lot of Baptist tradition, does a lot of very good work in certain areas. But he teaches a planet-wide universal flood. And he teaches that to be a Christian one must celebrate traditional church sacraments of water-baptism and communion.

So to me, those things nullify much of the good work he does, because he continues to be confused on the issue of race, in part, and also because he seeks to keep his readers bound to the traditions of men.

So how can I recommend his books, without writing long disclaimers? This is the dilemma I find myself in with many Christian Identity writers whose work you cannot see unless you pay for it.

The internet is a wonderful medium. It allows me to make all of my writing available freely. People can love it or hate it, but they cannot ever say I took their money unfairly. They cannot ever accuse me of being a huckster or peddling religion.

Or maybe the 1/8th Scottish in me just makes me an asshole (to borrow a line from a recent thread here...)
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby Les » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:38 pm

wmfinck wrote: But he teaches a planet-wide universal flood. And he teaches that to be a Christian one must celebrate traditional church sacraments of water-baptism and communion.

wmfinck wrote:The internet is a wonderful medium. It allows me to make all of my writing available freely. People can love it or hate it, but they cannot ever say I took their money unfairly. They cannot ever accuse me of being a huckster or peddling religion.

Or maybe the 1/8th Scottish in me just makes me an asshole (to borrow a line from a recent thread here...)

argh, I did not mean to insult anybody from my observations!
and
I will have to dig through your past broadcasts about baptism.
I only had the Roman Catholic sprinkling when I was a baby, and always wondered if I was missing something in my life by not getting the full immersion in a river/lake/swimming pool by a pastor/priest.
Les

Postby Fenwick » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:26 pm

wmfinck wrote: Collectively, they have over 200,000 downloads since January 2014. But the podcasts have many times that number, which is backwards to me.

I think, for me at least, and probably for many other people, it is much easier to listen to a recording whilst doing other things than it is to sit down and read for longer periods of time, especially if I also want to set aside time for reading things that aren't also available in audio format. I'll generally only read Christogenea articles when I'm looking for an answer to a specific question, or looking up the supporting references, as I get dizzy from reading on a monitor for long periods.

Although, now I look into it, it would be a fairly simple matter to convert those ODT files into AZW for kindle, which would negate most of the eyestrain for me.
Fenwick

Postby Kentucky » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:21 pm

"Freely you have received, freely give" Mt. 10:8. I've been in Christian Identity since 1976 and I can tell you that I have hundreds of booklets, newsletters and pamphlets, but not as many "books", especially hardbound. The reason for this is that Christian Identity expositors are not a wealthy lot. Long before the internet and self publishing, downloadable articles, CD's and LuLu, we depended on photocopy machines, cassette tapes and the cheapest way to get the information out there. When I first began reading Identity material I had an insatiable appetite for information. I didn't care if I disagreed with it or not; I wanted to be knowledgeable in what others thought... in the marketplace of ideas. Therefore, I could sift through all positions and arrive at my own conclusions. Sure, there were some authors who lacked literary skills and others who indulged in their pet doctrines. After awhile, I could be more selective in who I wanted to read, because I knew the investment of time that some writers put into their research and others who simply speak off the cuff. There are even some unscrupulous wannabes who plagiarize the work of others. I really didn't mind spending the money, because booklets were usually no more than $3-5. If I was going to spend more than $20 on a book, I expected my money's worth. After all, the Bible does say "Buy the truth" and that should begin with decent Bible translations and the best concordances and lexicons money can buy.

Each of us should be scholars of the Word, reading and studying. Christian Identity is unique in this respect in that many are self taught, depending on no church or experts for them to understand the basic message. In fact, I've heard from some families that they discovered the Good News without ever hearing of Identity, simply by growing in grace together and allowing God's Spirit to communicate. The message is the most important thing in life, so we should never make merchandise of God. By the same token, I believe that God still sends messengers of deliverance who have the gift of elucidation for what is relevant, and that of course is the racial message. I agree with Bill and the blessings we are afforded in this day and age with a technology to provide the message freely. It sure beats the old days of letters of correspondence (snail mail LOL).

But as I grow older and am old fashioned, I prefer to read from hard copy rather than a luminescent screen. My cataracts can only take so much. And I love my library where I know where most everything is. There's never going to be a perfect book as most authors worth their salt will tell you. But, we Christians can perfect our lives (Mt. 5:48) by gleaning from their work. By perfect I don't mean sinlessness, but making our lives complete in Christ through whatever tools facilitate our learning. Many are called to duty to feed the sheep, but few have the discipline or sacrifice to pursue a full time devotion to the Truth. "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few" Luke 10:2. There are so few, because of freeloaders and wrong motivations of fame and fortune :lol: Nonetheless, because of that reality that permeates our movement, we should not lose sight of the fact that a few men of God do what they do as a labor of love and have faith that the Lord will provide for their needs. Paul tells us, "And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for works of ministry, to build up the body of Christ" (Eph. 4:11-12), which should be associated with I Tim. 5:18 "The laborer is worthy of his wages."

I think the days of conventional ministry are waning and that the paradigm will be that of overcomers, overcoming the world outside the four walls of a church building. But that's another story for another day. Perhaps someone will write a book about it.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Nayto » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:28 pm

Kentucky wrote:I think the days of conventional ministry are waning and that the paradigm will be that of overcomers, overcoming the world outside the four walls of a church building. But that's another story for another day. Perhaps someone will write a book about it.

Mark

What would it take to hear your version of the story? :)
Nayto

Postby Kentucky » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Nayto wrote:
Kentucky wrote:I think the days of conventional ministry are waning and that the paradigm will be that of overcomers, overcoming the world outside the four walls of a church building. But that's another story for another day. Perhaps someone will write a book about it.

Mark

What would it take to hear your version of the story? :)

It's my turn behind the pulpit this coming Sunday and I've been percolating all day trying to think of a subject. I guess what it takes Nayto is a little bit of nudging... I think you were nudging lol. I won't write a book about it, but an article should suffice. OK, thank you for the inspiration :lol:

Mark
Kentucky

Postby wmfinck » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:13 am

Kentucky wrote:When I first began reading Identity material I had an insatiable appetite for information. I didn't care if I disagreed with it or not; I wanted to be knowledgeable in what others thought... in the marketplace of ideas. Therefore, I could sift through all positions and arrive at my own conclusions.

And I would agree, that we should all be that way. But I still maintain that I cannot really recommend books that I believe lead people into serious errors such as sacramentalism or back-door universalism. I won't tell people not to read them. And if I have read them myself, if I am asked about them I will try to illustrate what is good in them as well as what I disagree with. But I am not going to recommend them. Or I may face the danger of having someone believe that I am promoting the things in them with which I cannot agree.

Kentucky wrote:If I was going to spend more than $20 on a book, I expected my money's worth.

Unfortunately, my own hardcover books are priced at least $12 too high. But that is the way print-on-demand books are. They are too expensive because they are printed one at a time, rather than being printed in bulk.

Kentucky wrote:Each of us should be scholars of the Word, reading and studying. Christian Identity is unique in this respect in that many are self taught, depending on no church or experts for them to understand the basic message.

And for that reason I would encourage the people who read or listen to my work to look up all the passages I quote and investigate everything I have written or said in every essay and podcast that they read or listen to. Casual listeners who merely pick-and-choose what they like are not good students, and in turn they will never be good teachers.

Kentucky wrote:There's never going to be a perfect book as most authors worth their salt will tell you.

Or a perfect podcast, unless Christ Himself one day offers to do them for us. But we just discussed that in another thread (http://forum.christogenea.org/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8735)...

But I have already explained the point I tried to make in my original answer. We are not going to agree on everything, but there are some things which in my opinion are errors, that I cannot recommend to people.

This section of the forum was supposed to be for book reviews, but after many posts, there are still very few actual book reviews. We all must have attention deficit disorders, LOL.

Perhaps there should be a sub-forum called "Christian Identity Book Reviews and Notes". I know it would take a lot of extra time to write out the salient points of each book one may read, but if there were an interest and people took the initiative, that would certainly help people new to CI, such as the original poster of this thread.

Of course, the pitfalls of any particular book are also a matter of the reader's perspective, and we here are not in agreement on every little issue. But most of us are in agreement on most of the main issues, so it would indeed be helpful.

Unfortunately, even among Identity Christians, the conventional ministry is built around a cult of personality, the dispensation of sacraments, the passage of certain rites to become a "member". Yeah, we need to stick a fork in all that, and call it done.
wmfinck
Site Admin

Next

Return to Book Reviews