This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

DSCI BooKs

For members who wish to post useful reviews of books or other references which they have read.

Re: DSCI BooKs

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:25 am

Bill wrote
This section of the forum was supposed to be for book reviews, but after many posts, there are still very few actual book reviews. We all must have attention deficit disorders, LOL.

I honestly think I do have "adhd", in that school is designed to destroy your attention and focus for life. You study one subject for 30 minutes and then a bell rings and then you get another shallow lesson etc. And in this world where we never have enough time to do the job right... it is not a good way to live.

No wonder we don't see good workmanship anymore.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Kentucky » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:06 pm

wmfinck wrote: But I still maintain that I cannot really recommend books that I believe lead people into serious errors such as sacramentalism or back-door universalism.

That's a given when the authors reputation precedes them. Occasionally, I make a mistake in buying a book, that turns out to be a real lemon. But, one can make lemonade and it's not a total waste. The perfect example is 'The Great Impersonation,' which turned out to be a cryptic autobiographical confession, rather than a standard Christian Identity text. But, I discovered back-door and front-door and side-door universalism within its $37 worth of pages. I tried to expose this subtle racial reconciliation of inclusion to Dual Seedliners at the time, but not one of them would listen to me because of what you rightly call the "cult of personality." Bill was the first DSLer to take note of the actual quotes I found and buttressed his own suspicions about the author.

But I have already explained the point I tried to make in my original answer. We are not going to agree on everything, but there are some things which in my opinion are errors, that I cannot recommend to people.

I think it's just common sense. I like E. Raymond Capt books, but one of his last books, 'Counterfeit Christianity,' reeked of advocating universalism, which should raise a red flag. A review doesn't have to be positive right? If some alleged CI writings are in error, they should be biblically corrected and a review in this forum would be a good place to give books a thumbs up or down.

This section of the forum was supposed to be for book reviews, but after many posts, there are still very few actual book reviews. We all must have attention deficit disorders, LOL.

Like, how many DSCI books come out every year? There probably aren't too many books per se, because they take time, money and effort... AND distribution. You can probably blame the internet for stealing a lot of the reading audience out there. I self publish little 30 page "booklets" on my little $150 Canon copier. It's not that fancy compared to a book with a slick color cover, but it's all information that counts. I have about 9 booklets on my website and there aren't a whole lot of sales per donations, because it's already freely given and received. I think we need this discussion in this forum Bill, to help you. If people are unaware, Bill has a number of things for sale to help make ends meet AND to promote Christogenea.

Perhaps there should be a sub-forum called "Christian Identity Book Reviews and Notes". I know it would take a lot of extra time to write out the salient points of each book one may read, but if there were an interest and people took the initiative, that would certainly help people new to CI, such as the original poster of this thread.

I think it would be a good idea to expand this forum to not only CI books, but articles and other literary works. It doesn't have to be an exhaustive review, but at least dissect the pertinent issues by quoting and referencing the subject in context of the authors work. Too often I get emails from nuts who are griping about something I wrote and give me no clue from what they read. The point of the forum, I assume, is the edification of our people and to encourage them to read (something that is becoming more and more scarce these days). As someone once said, "If you don't read, you don't have any advantage over those who cannot read."

Unfortunately, even among Identity Christians, the conventional ministry is built around a cult of personality, the dispensation of sacraments, the passage of certain rites to become a "member". Yeah, we need to stick a fork in all that, and call it done.

Or stick one of those turkey thermometers in it and call it overcooked! And to pacify Nayto, being that he's chomping at the bit, I have started my new sermon for Sunday called 'Overcomers of What?'

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Nayto » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:18 pm

Kentucky wrote:I think we need this discussion in this forum Bill, to help you. If people are unaware, Bill has a number of things for sale to help make ends meet AND to promote Christogenea.

I imagine Bill being the kind of person he is doesn't want to talk about it on the forum. Maybe if anyone is interested they should just approach him personally?

Kentucky wrote:It's my turn behind the pulpit this coming Sunday and I've been percolating all day trying to think of a subject. I guess what it takes Nayto is a little bit of nudging... I think you were nudging lol. I won't write a book about it, but an article should suffice. OK, thank you for the inspiration :lol:

Kentucky wrote:And to pacify Nayto, being that he's chomping at the bit, I have started my new sermon for Sunday called 'Overcomers of What?'

I eagerly await :D
Nayto

Postby Joe » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:32 pm

On reading...
I find it easy to focus when I work with my hands, hours can pass by with little notice. People who know me know that I can be quite startled if they pull me out of the zone. I think many of our people are like this.

But time seems to move very differently when I read or study, often I am captivated by the Bible ...but not much else moves me. Yet I prefer reading for Bible studies because I find that podcasts move too fast, it is difficult for me to keep-up with Bill unless I am reading his Bible studies and can go at my own pace.

Study to show thyself approved, I know I could do better. And my "adhd" comment was not meant to be a shameless or thoughtless excuse.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Kentucky » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Nayto wrote:
Kentucky wrote:I think we need this discussion in this forum Bill, to help you. If people are unaware, Bill has a number of things for sale to help make ends meet AND to promote Christogenea.

I imagine Bill being the kind of person he is doesn't want to talk about it on the forum. Maybe if anyone is interested they should just approach him personally?

Bill is a humble kind of guy, which is why the rest of us should bring it to the fore every now and then. This is what I'm talking about....

http://christogenea.spreadshirt.com

http://christogenea.org/home/christogen ... -materials

http://christogenea.com/cds

http://saxonmessenger.christogenea.org/ ... ger-issues

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Gaius » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:32 am

Kentucky wrote:
Nayto wrote:

Bill is a humble kind of guy, which is why the rest of us should bring it to the fore every now and then. This is what I'm talking about....

http://christogenea.spreadshirt.com

http://christogenea.org/home/christogen ... -materials

http://christogenea.com/cds

http://saxonmessenger.christogenea.org/ ... ger-issues

Mark

Bill has recently given a periodic summary of the growing numbers accessing podcasts etc on this site. It occasionally crosses my mind about a certain type of person taking in the results of Bill's extensive study, perhaps for years on end, and never once donating the proverbial penny or purchasing any of the above items.

I apologise to Bill for saying this, as he doesn't like to talk about money and trusts to YHWH Father for all things, Who knows our every need and supplies to it. Yet I cannot help but hope that freeloaders, maybe as visitors to this forum, read these posts ...
What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
(Romans 8 v 31)
Gaius

Postby Staropramen » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:12 am

wmfinck wrote:Or maybe the 1/8th Scottish in me just makes me an asshole (to borrow a line from a recent thread here...)

You and I have the English/German/Irish in common but I'll trade you the asshole Scotch for my artsy-fartsy French anytime you like!

:lol:

"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby NicoChristian » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:44 am

I believe that all of the studies, podcasts etc should be available online. I also believe everything needs to be backed up offline in paper and CD, cassette or whatever works. I always have the habit of backing up everything in many forms. I always think as a survivalist and I would like to save as much as I can especially if there is no electricity and internet. We can't rely on any one method too much and I like to reproduce the material in as many forms as possible to ensure its survival. Kingdom Identity ministries continue to reproduce and preserve the Comparet and Swift works although it could be done on a bigger scale.

When it comes to the question of free material. Some should be free, but I know that when everything is given out like candy its value is often minimized. I have spent a lot of money over the years on books and I think that more material should be free but not everything. Everything costs money and none of us are exceptionally rich. I don't think that the book ministries overcharge, at times they sell at a loss. We need to be open-minded on the subject, be willing to pay to help with costs and be willing to give to get the message out. I have lived for many years abiding by "freely have you given, freely have you received". I give freely and I receive just as much if not more. Those who hoard what they have like misers will have the little they possess taken. Even the poor widow managed to give a donation, so we definitely can.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Joe » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:57 am

Christogenea really isn't a charity, we welcome all whites to our table. And it is natural that white people would reciprocate, no-one sits at a table and then after some time, brings nothing to it. I know I have enough, I know I can look after myself ...even if I have to go and live in a tent and fish. But I am always worried about my brother, about what I can bring to the table. To share my skills and resources with those who sit next to me, my family and friends.

And Bill is bringing a lot to the table. What sort of man dines with his brother every night and then leaves without a care ...only those who feast unworthily (non-whites) could have such an attitude. But we whites have an inborn sense of duty. As a man, I am not talking about the old and the widows who have given their lives. Also what white man looks to his brother and does not say "come and sit with me".

From WTL1
WHO SHOULD ONE SUPPORT?
This brings up an interesting and important question. I will now give you the very best answer
to this question I ever heard in my life. One time I heard an old line fundamentalist minister who
made the best statement I ever heard how to tithe your increase. He said you should support the one
that told you the truth, so I promptly withdrew my support from him and have never been sorry since.

The shirts and CDs are great, but probably don't help Christogenea that much. Eg.The postage cost to Australia is more than what Bill is asking for the CDs, I can't see spreadshirt being any different. Give the postage costs to Christogenea. I think it is a 7 year gaol sentence in Oz for offending a jew now, so probably best to wear the shirts at home unfortunately.
Joe

Postby PhilNotChristian » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:05 pm

Praise Yahweh, and there in is my dilemma. I have this huge thirst but, if I drink in all I want, I will drown ! That is why I continue to ask what may seem silly or redundant questions. CI is new to me "religion" is not. My granny was a JW and my dad is a Church of God. Plus all my siblings continue to go to church. I spent a little time with 7th Day Advent. till I learned of their "prophet". This is one of the huge pitfalls of them. They suck you in with tidbits because they don't want to expose themselves by announcing their doctrines.
PhilNotChristian

PreviousNext

Return to Book Reviews