This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Invention of Sacred Tradition

For members who wish to post useful reviews of books or other references which they have read.

The Invention of Sacred Tradition

Postby wmfinck » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:31 am

These were the opening remarks to the program I did last night, which I thought would be better off posted here.

Christogenea Saturdays, October 3rd, 2015 - The Protocols of Satan, Part 7

Today I ordered a copy of an evidently out-of-print book called The Invention of Sacred Tradition, which supposedly “examines the phenomenon of 'invented traditions' in religions ranging in time from Zoroastrianism to Scientology”. Now, we would agree that many so-called religions are merely “invented traditions”, however the book has a deeper motive. It contains a chapter entitled “Antisemitism, conspiracy culture, Christianity and Islam: the history and contemporary religious significance of the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion”. I almost wanted to read the entire chapter, and offer my own criticisms of it, for tonight's program. But I could not get the entire chapter online, so I will wait for a hard copy of the book to arrive. I thought the Kindle price of the book was ridiculous, since the publisher, Cambridge University Press, is asking almost as much for that as for the hard copy.

This book interested me because it attempts to critically analyze the use of the Protocols in Christian Fundamentalism, and even within Christian Identity circles. The analysis includes discussions of the various Christian interpretations of Biblical eschatology, some of which fit our point of view. While I do not agree with all of the conclusions concerning the Revelation reached by many fundamentalists and even by other Identity Christians, it is amusing to see Satan attempt a scholarly analysis of his Christian adversaries, and that is how I quantify this book. Christians may merely believe the Bible as the Word of God, but the devil will pick apart and criticize those Christian beliefs on his own terms, and offer his criticisms to the world as “scholarship”.

Then the devils will lump those Christian beliefs together with all of the other deceptions which they themselves have created, or if they have not created them they have nevertheless assisted in their propagation, and endeavor to discredit them all, and Christianity along with them. In the end, the only thing the devils seem to find credible is Jewry itself. This is evident in passages from the book where the authors do not understand how some Bible-believing Christians could even make the claim that Jesus Christ was not a Jew, and mention “rather odd statements, such as the apparent distinction between 'God's chosen people, and the Jews'”. So their scholarship betrays their own prejudices, and their own 'invented traditions', because taking the Old Testament histories and prophetic books, the New Testament statements of Jesus Christ and Paul of Tarsus, and the histories of Flavius Josephus as our sources, without a doubt we can prove that such a distinction exists. Satan has all the money in the world, and with it he keeps alive his deception, trying to put himself above the fray while perpetuating all of his lies. The Jews and their allies in modern academia have the appearance of scholarly authority, but they certainly do not possess the substance of such authority. So in the weeks to come, we will hope to present something of a criticism of that chapter.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Re: The Invention of Sacred Tradition

Postby EzraLB » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:33 am

Rarely mentioned as a supposed blueprint for the Protocols is an alleged document entitled,"The Secrets of the Elders of Bourg-Fontaine," written in the early 19th century in France. It has been often claimed that this document is a Jesuit fabrication used to prove a liberal conspiracy among the Jansenists who were attempting to undermine the papacy.

Although often mentioned by writers intent on proving that it's actually the Jesuits and not the Jews who are intent upon world domination, it's none the less very telling that this alleged document is rarely mentioned by Jews themselves in defense of their position that the Protocols are a forgery. In fact, Wikipedia does not even have an entry for "The Secrets of the Elders of Bourg-Fontaine," at least from what I can determine.

Also odd is the fact that I cannot find an English translation of this Jesuit version of the Protocols, nor even a French original. One can only conclude that this document may not, in fact, exist. But if someone can find a copy, it would be interesting to study it.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby wmfinck » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks, Ezra,

One of the things that I have been trying to show from a quite different angle in the Luther series - which is yet to be resumed - is the cooperation of Protestants with Jews in order to achieve their objectives. The same thing was brought out in the discussions of Cromwell with Sven.

Articles such as this show that same thing, although from a Jewish source: http://www.historicism.com/misc/protocols.htm

A copy of "The Secrets of the Elders of Bourg-Fontaine" would be valuable in assessing the true origins of the Protocols. But whether the Protocols turned out to be a tell-all or a tattle-tale document is immaterial, because it indeed served as a warning as to the plans of the Jews for Christendom, and those plans were executed primarily through the secret societies, the civic societies and the power of their own media.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby EzraLB » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Of course, everybody but the Jews "invents" their sacred traditions, especially White Israelites. For example, the jewish critique of the Book Of Revelations accuses Paul of "antinomian Gnosticism" which is tantamount to accusing him of being a Talmudic Jew. They also falsely accuse John of plagiarizing the Hebrew prophets while a later "scribe" secretly added the Christian elements to artificially fit the New Testament into the scenario of the Apocalypse:

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/ ... on-book-of

That said, the "Protocols Of The Elders of Zion" may very well be the jewish answer to the Christian Book Of Revelations. After all, the Protocols "lifted the veil" which hid the plans for how they would usher in their version of the end times through the ascension of their Messiah, which is the Jews themselves, of course. The Protocols should be examined in the context of jewish eschatology.

If that is true, I would strongly suspect that the "leaking" of the Protocols may have been intentional, as they clearly anticipated their discovery and had set up an pre-constructed alibi to discredit their authenticity. I doubt they would go to such trouble if they merely hoped that the Protocols would not be discovered as they circulated the secret societies.

After all, did the Jews benefit from the revelation of the Protocols? I would say that they did. It allowed them to reveal their eschatology to the world--and make it clear that what they "prophecised" was, in fact, coming true--and there was nothing that anybody could do to stop them. It also gave them the opportunity to label anyone who believed the Protocols to be true as an "anti-semite" and yet allowed the Protocols to be hidden in plain sight as an open conspiracy.
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Return to Book Reviews