This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

"What Was the Mark God Placed On Cain?.."

For members who wish to post useful reviews of books or other references which they have read.

"What Was the Mark God Placed On Cain?.."

Postby PhillipWMorrow » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Superb commentary! Upon my initial reading of the book I was a tad skeptical. As with any good book, if it's really good it's worth reading again. Upon re-reading it a light came on and it dawned on me this quite possibly is right on the money. Robert is a truly great commentator. This commentary did more than deliver on it's title and there was much more included within to learn. Anyway this is a book well worth reading. Go to stm.christogenea.org for a partial list of books by Robert Balacius.
PhillipWMorrow

Re: "What Was the Mark God Placed On Cain?.."

Postby Les » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:42 am

Thanks, looks interesting.

I used to wonder what it was and gave up, and wound up thinking maybe it just is their certain "evil" look with their eyes and noses, and that only the Creator's children are aware of who the evil ones are.

http://stm.christogenea.org/index.php/b ... rk-of-cain

http://stm.christogenea.org/index.php/b ... ten-by-rab
Les

Postby Nayto » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:34 pm

Sorry if this is a little out of place, but have other CI teachers done any work on what the mark of Cain is? does anyone know?
Nayto

Postby Kentucky » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Nayto wrote:Sorry if this is a little out of place, but have other CI teachers done any work on what the mark of Cain is? does anyone know?

Because there's such a lack of details, it's one of those things that remain speculation.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby bahr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:26 pm

The interesting question would be "why the sign" and not "what's the sign". And the reason of the mark is obvious. If Cain or his seed disappear from the face of the earth, the divine will and prophecy of Gen. 3:15 cannot be accomplished. That evil seed must be reaped at the end of the ages to be thrown in the fire, and not before.

And so the children have the bread, the eternal life, while the dogs have only the crumbs, this finite life. Christ, in the episode of the Canaanite woman, reminds us of this fact.
bahr

Return to Book Reviews