This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Your Recommended Bible To Study From

Use this sub-forum to discuss various Bible versions, translations, and other Apocryphal books.

Your Recommended Bible To Study From

Postby Xile » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:32 pm

I got my sister curious enough to ask for a translation of the Bible that she could understand, but without all the corrupt text. She is actually shocked, because even by reading the NKJV, she finally gets it that the Serpent's seed are actual descendents and not spiritual things. It's all in the Bible.

Does she also need the concordance? If I'm able to get my sister on the path of CI then my dad pretty much won't stand a chance (she's very good at talking to people). :beer:
Christians don’t need to “get” saved. Christ’s Salvation of His people Israel is an accomplished fact, not something we must “get”. - Pastor Mark Downey
Xile

Re: Your Recommended Bible To Study From

Postby Kentucky » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Xile wrote:I got my sister curious enough to ask for a translation of the Bible that she could understand, but without all the corrupt text. She is actually shocked, because even by reading the NKJV, she finally gets it that the Serpent's seed are actual descendents and not spiritual things. It's all in the Bible.

Does she also need the concordance? If I'm able to get my sister on the path of CI then my dad pretty much won't stand a chance (she's very good at talking to people). :beer:

Unless one is fluent in ancient Hebrew or Greek and has access to all of the surviving manuscripts and dedicates their entire life assimilating the various translations, there is no single magic bullet Bible. It requires the student of the Word to study various translations with the aid of concordances and lexicons in a prayerful manner and the Holy Spirit will lead you to the truth. It's important that the Bible you're studying from has not adulterated the Laws of God for an ulterior motive. Bill's translation is Christian Identity and is fairly accurate. A lot of our folks like the Ferrar Fenton as it honestly recognizes racial matters. You should probably educate yourself about the Massoretic Text vs the Septuagint. I have about 6 different Bibles in my library and I frequent http://biblehub.com if I'm online to find things fast; there's also software, which I don't use, but others may advise you on.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Xile » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Kentucky wrote:
Xile wrote:I got my sister curious enough to ask for a translation of the Bible that she could understand, but without all the corrupt text. She is actually shocked, because even by reading the NKJV, she finally gets it that the Serpent's seed are actual descendents and not spiritual things. It's all in the Bible.

Unless one is fluent in ancient Hebrew or Greek and has access to all of the surviving manuscripts and dedicates their entire life assimilating the various translations, there is no single magic bullet Bible. It requires the student of the Word to study various translations with the aid of concordances and lexicons in a prayerful manner and the Holy Spirit will lead you to the truth. It's important that the Bible you're studying from has not adulterated the Laws of God for an ulterior motive. Bill's translation is Christian Identity and is fairly accurate. A lot of our folks like the Ferrar Fenton as it honestly recognizes racial matters. You should probably educate yourself about the Massoretic Text vs the Septuagint. I have about 6 different Bibles in my library and I frequent http://biblehub.com if I'm online to find things fast; there's also software, which I don't use, but others may advise you on.

Mark

Thank you for your reply, Mark. My sister wants to buy a literal Bible. Which 6 do you use to help you study, that are translated into modern English and will help her? We don't mind ordering anything that you recommend. She prefers an actual book.
Christians don’t need to “get” saved. Christ’s Salvation of His people Israel is an accomplished fact, not something we must “get”. - Pastor Mark Downey
Xile

Postby Kentucky » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:09 am

Xile wrote:Thank you for your reply, Mark. My sister wants to buy a literal Bible. Which 6 do you use to help you study, that are translated into modern English and will help her? We don't mind ordering anything that you recommend. She prefers an actual book.

1. Young's Literal Translation; also has a concordance
2. King James Version; along with Strong's Concordance
3. Christogenea New Testament
4. Brenton's Septuagint
5. Ferrar Fenton
6. NASB

I have several others and would like to get some that I've heard about. Just remember, Bibles are problematic and should always be cross referenced for a better consensus.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:11 am

I wish I had time to learn Koine Greek, and the means to aquire the documents. I also find communication/language difficult, I am a lone-wolf ...so my learning will unfortunately be based on the insights I can gain from secondary translations. This makes me feel like I am falling short, so much to learn, so little time.

I like Youngs, I will get that and Brenton Septuagint in book form as I already access to them electronically. Maybe Bill will translate the Septuagint one day, while taking into account his vast library ...a trust-worthy source, thus your learning and insights are your own, mostly untainted by the errors of others, even then it won't be perfect. I guess Faith has an important place in leading to wisdom and knowledge. hmmm

Which one are you going to get xile?, maybe pair-up the Christogenea NT with a good OT/full translation... oh and use the 'Biblical Heritage' series to help... that is a good Bible study.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Xile » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:06 am

@Kentucky, Excellent. I will show my sister those Bibles and we'll decide which ones to get. :beer:

@Joe, Hmm. I'm thinking of getting something that is easier to understand and isn't as cryptic as the King James versions (or are they all this cryptic?). If I were to get the Christogenea version then my mother would claim that it isn't "canon" and that Bill made it up, etc.

I'm not trying to impress anyone here - I simply want to do what is right.
Xile

Postby Filidh » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:11 am

Joe wrote:I wish I had time to learn Koine Greek, and the means to aquire the documents. I also find communication/language difficult, I am a lone-wolf ...so my learning will unfortunately be based on the insights I can gain from secondary translations. This makes me feel like I am falling short, so much to learn, so little time.

I like Youngs, I will get that and Brenton Septuagint in book form as I already access to them electronically. Maybe Bill will translate the Septuagint one day, while taking into account his vast library ...a trust-worthy source, thus your learning and insights are your own, mostly untainted by the errors of others, even then it won't be perfect. I guess Faith has an important place in leading to wisdom and knowledge. hmmm

Which one are you going to get xile?, maybe pair-up the Christogenea NT with a good OT/full translation... oh and use the 'Biblical Heritage' series to help... that is a good Bible study.

plugging my own thread here: http://forum.christogenea.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4815
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby Kentucky » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Joe wrote:I wish I had time to learn Koine Greek, and the means to aquire the documents.

I believe God delegates such duties to those who have a propensity or gift for such areas of expertise, so that we all aren't consuming our time on the same thing. Then we can compare notes as to what God gives you to share. That's why no one person gets it all.

This makes me feel like I am falling short, so much to learn, so little time.

Welcome to the club. But we all fill a niche.

Maybe Bill will translate the Septuagint one day

I've heard him entertain such an idea... one more iron in the fire lol

your learning and insights are your own, mostly untainted by the errors of others, even then it won't be perfect. I guess Faith has an important place in leading to wisdom and knowledge. hmmm

I believe all insight comes from God that is leading us to perfection. Unity starts with the basic premises. I Cor. 1:10.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby PhillipWMorrow » Sun May 24, 2015 11:23 pm

I have a lot of Bibles in my library. If I had to recommend just one it would be the Smith-Goodspeed "An American Translation". I admit I have not read all my Bibles. I just like collecting them. Better than buying drugs, right? I also like "The Modern Reader's Bible" by Richard Moulton. These are easy reading translations and Smith has always been praised within the CI community. I speak as a reader and not an expert.
PhillipWMorrow

Postby SSTrooper83 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:43 pm

I personally liked my first bible I purchased for when I first began down the path of CI. Kingdom Identity Ministries had recommended the Rotherham Emphasized Bible and I have never regretted it. One thing I have just started since I came back was to try an old (new for me ;) ) method of study called lectio divina, or "divine reading". It is a method of study that involves different aspects which are "Read, Think, Pray, Act". This breaks down into re-read, meditate upon the content, talk with Yahshua about it and try to find a way to implement that piece of scripture into your everyday life. I use a devotional bible called "The Message: Solo - An Uncommon Devotional" to help since it has ideas already in place. However, take it's readings with a grain of salt, they are not CI approved! But it does help with ideas and I am able to cross-reference the particular passage with my Rotherham and some of my old K.I. study guide.
SSTrooper83

Next

Return to Bibles and Biblical Apocrypha