This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Your Recommended Bible To Study From

Use this sub-forum to discuss various Bible versions, translations, and other Apocryphal books.

Re: Your Recommended Bible To Study From

Postby Kentucky » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:52 pm

Christian wrote:As a newcomer to the DSCI message I too had to decide on a Bible that was a good fit for me. The KJV is just to difficult for me to decipher. I spend more time in Strong's than I do in the KJV.

You don't have to say you're a newcomer in every other post. So you're saying you don't have the time to learn what Greek and Hebrew words mean in the Bible. Have you heard of the Bible pill? You can read any Bible and get instant understanding, but you need a Pharmakeia prescription from an authorized and ordained church. It's the perfect fit for those on the go all the time.

So what I finally decided on was the ASV, Bethel Edition.

And this is after I warned you yesterday: "Please Christian. Do not recommend org's until you know something about them. Jacob Meyers, its founder, is a filthy jew who performs interracial marriages etc." Now, you either have a retention problem or are intentionally promoting the jew in this forum.

I went to the Kinsman Redeemer site to read LXX vs. MSS and I saw mentioned a translation called the "American KJV". Anybody read from it ?

On occasion I do. But I wrote that short mention of it for whiners like you that can't get past the thee's and thou's. But again, that pill might be what you're looking for.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Kentucky » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Christian wrote:Has anyone read the Anointed Version ?

Do you know anything about Herrell? Or is this another rabbit trail to lead people in the wrong direction? If you continue in this vein I'm going to give you a vacation.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:03 am

Mark wrote:
Do you know anything about Herrell? Or is this another rabbit trail to lead people in the wrong direction? If you continue in this vein I'm going to give you a vacation.

What about Herrell Mark?
It seems there are two Bibles Christian keeps mentioning, the ASV (Meyers) and the AST (Herrel).

I couldn't find much about Meyers but on wikipedia I found the 'Anchor Bible series' which has a number of different translators, one being Jacob Meyers.

Here is Christians other thread on this same topic.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8790&p=28695&hilit=herrell#p28695

Why didn't you respond in that thread Christian?. It seems you are posting the same confusing dialogue everywhere. No 'Assembly of Yahweh' group I could find sold this Bible either, so can you link to the group you are talking about Christian?
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby EzraLB » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:15 am

There is no perfect Bible to study from--as Bill has pointed out, they all have their limitations, and there is no perfect Bible that is most suitable for CI study, except for, perhaps, the CNT, and even that has its flaws, as Bill has readily admitted. All of Bill's Bible commentaries compare the different manuscripts upon which his studies are based. You don't first need to find the "right" Bible before you begin studying CI in depth.

This reminds me of the book "The Plague" by Albert Camus--in which a would-be writer becomes convinced that if he can just write the perfect first sentence, the rest of his novel will be perfect and write itself. Of course, he spends years trying to write that perfect first sentence and fails to even write the book at all.

Bill puts this all in perspective in this podcast "What Is The Bible?" I would suggest, Christian, that you listen to this study carefully as it will answer most of your questions...

http://christogenea.org/podcasts/what-b ... 07-24-2010
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Postby Nayto » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:03 pm

EzraLB wrote:You don't first need to find the "right" Bible before you begin studying CI in depth.

Hit the nail on the head.

Adolph Hitler perfectly sums it up:

On the other hand, a man who possesses the art of correct reading will, in studying any book, magazine, or pamphlet, instinctively and immediately perceive everything which in his opinion is worth permanently remembering, either because it is suited to his purpose or generally worth knowing. Once the knowledge he has achieved in this fashion is correctly coordinated within the somehow existing picture of this or that subject created by the imaginations it will function either as a corrective or a complement, thus enhancing either the correctness or the clarity of the picture. Then, if life suddenly sets some question before us for examination or answer, the memory, if this method of reading is observed, will immediately take the existing picture as a norm, and from it will derive all the individual items regarding these questions, assembled in the course of decades, submit them to the mind for examination and reconsideration, until the question is clarified or answered.

Just go for it, lest you suffer analysis paralysis. Everything you read will in some way complement your knowledge base on the foundation of CI.
Nayto

Previous

Return to Bibles and Biblical Apocrypha