This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Body armour and personal protective equipment

Just keep it lawful.

Re: Body armour and personal protective equipment

Postby Filidh » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 pm

why shouldn't we use as much physical protection as we're able while simulatenously wearing the full armor of god? we're able to do both at the same time.

i'm with bryan on this one, not using as much as we're able to on our end to defeat the enemy and assuming god will take care of it for us is testing him. we should arm ourselves physically and spiritually, because yahshua said also that when traveling, to sell your cloak and by a sword.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby SwordBrethren » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Staropramen wrote:I live in NYC, walk to work most nights and am a known racist. If I could legally buy and carry a gun I would. But I can't. Nonetheless that doesn't stop me from walking to work at night because I have the whole armor of God. With the whole armor of God first one can make sensible choices regarding physical armor, weapons, etc. rather than being like, say Mjodr on Stormfront who's religion is his guns. Isn't there a scripture that says in effect that physical training is worth a little but spiritual strength is much more important?

I had to walk to my vehicle in a lightning storm the other day and it is about a 2-3 minute walk as I park about as far away from the building as one can be [since I like to be far away from everybody else, I don't want my vehicle being dented/hit, and since I am the only one in the parking lot when I leave each night, if anybody else is there I know something is going down], and it briefly occurred to me that I might be in some danger being outside in a lightning storm in a wide open parking lot.

I immediately thought, "well if I get killed by lightning then either I've really missed the mark with what God wants me to do in life, there is no God, or something is just plain wrong with the Bible... Of all the ways I could die, I have to believe God is going to make sure I don't get struck by lightning."
Revelation 18:
Und ich hörte eine andere Stimme vom Himmel, die sprach: Gehet aus von ihr, mein Volk, daß ihr nicht teilhaftig werdet ihrer Sünden, auf daß ihr nicht empfanget etwas von ihren Plagen!

Denn ihre Sünden reichen bis in den Himmel, und Gott denkt an ihren Frevel.

Judentum ist Verbrechertum!

Heute ist Deutschland die größte Weltmacht! - Der Führer 30 Januar 1940
SwordBrethren

Postby Kentucky » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:19 pm

SwordBrethren wrote:I immediately thought, "well if I get killed by lightning then either I've really missed the mark with what God wants me to do in life, there is no God, or something is just plain wrong with the Bible... Of all the ways I could die, I have to believe God is going to make sure I don't get struck by lightning."

There's a million different ways in which we could get killed. Does that mean our death proves there's no God? What is death? Death is the................

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Kentucky » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Filidh wrote:why shouldn't we use as much physical protection as we're able while simulatenously wearing the full armor of god? we're able to do both at the same time.

i'm with bryan on this one, not using as much as we're able to on our end to defeat the enemy and assuming god will take care of it for us is testing him. we should arm ourselves physically and spiritually, because yahshua said also that when traveling, to sell your cloak and by a sword.

It's not that there are sides to be taken. It's all circumstantial using common sense. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose."

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Joe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:16 am

Swordbrethren
or something is just plain wrong with the Bible...

"God forbid : yea, let God be true, but every man a liar"
Some die as Martyrs.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby SwordBrethren » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Joe wrote:Swordbrethren
or something is just plain wrong with the Bible...

"God forbid : yea, let God be true, but every man a liar"
Some die as Martyrs.

Of course, but getting struck by lightning wouldn't make me a martyr, it wouldn't make me anything except dead, in a particularly worthless context at that.

Of the millions of ways to potentially die, I would hope to die in service of the faith community.
Revelation 18:
Und ich hörte eine andere Stimme vom Himmel, die sprach: Gehet aus von ihr, mein Volk, daß ihr nicht teilhaftig werdet ihrer Sünden, auf daß ihr nicht empfanget etwas von ihren Plagen!

Denn ihre Sünden reichen bis in den Himmel, und Gott denkt an ihren Frevel.

Judentum ist Verbrechertum!

Heute ist Deutschland die größte Weltmacht! - Der Führer 30 Januar 1940
SwordBrethren

Postby Filidh » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:12 pm

well, regarding why you might get struck by lightning:

10: He pleased God, and was beloved of him: so that living among sinners he was translated.
11: Yea speedily was he taken away, lest that wickedness should alter his understanding, or deceit beguile his soul.
12: For the bewitching of naughtiness doth obscure things that are honest; and the wandering of concupiscence doth undermine the simple mind.
13: He, being made perfect in a short time, fulfilled a long time:
14: For his soul pleased the Lord: therefore hasted he to take him away from among the wicked.
15: This the people saw, and understood it not, neither laid they up this in their minds, That his grace and mercy is with his saints, and that he hath respect unto his chosen.
16: Thus the righteous that is dead shall condemn the ungodly which are living; and youth that is soon perfected the many years and old age of the unrighteous.
17: For they shall see the end of the wise, and shall not understand what God in his counsel hath decreed of him, and to what end the Lord hath set him in safety.
18: They shall see him, and despise him; but God shall laugh them to scorn: and they shall hereafter be a vile carcase, and a reproach among the dead for evermore.

-wisdom of solomon ch. 4
Filidh

Postby Joe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:36 pm

"well if I get killed by lightning then either I've really missed the mark with what God wants me to do in life, there is no God, or something is just plain wrong with the Bible..."

If I died in any manner, I would not know the purpose, I don't know the mind of God. -Some- would even die as a martyr before they consider that the Bible is "wrong", or that there is no God. So I guess I don't understand if this is a figure of speech, I don't understand why you would consider the Bible wrong under such/any circumstance; in death, moreso. This was not literal then...?

How would you know for what purpose you had died, then also, what purpose have you been given in life ...how would we know, if reality suddenly conflicted with this assumption, the assumption stands and the Bible is wrong. God has taken great kings who died in their faith, who could have served some purpose, I am sure He took them for His purpose. Perhaps this was for the community.

Obviously I would not have posted unless I had a genuine question, given the atmosphere between us. I shouldn't have made it one-line and explained my question properly in the first-instance.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby Filidh » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:45 pm

here's the deal:

if christ has given you a lifetask to fulfill, then you're able to know that you're protected from destruction, not pain and things that hurt because those happen to all of us but destruction, until you fulfill that lifetask, as long as you continue to obey christ.

you don't have to worry about lightning because you know, for a fact, that christ has more planned for you than to die in the middle of nowhere getting struck by lightning.

he has plans to prosper us, and if we know what our lifetask, his plan for us, is, then we're able to go forth in faith, expectation, and love, and nothing will destroy us.
Filidh

Postby Joe » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:16 am

^Thankyou Filidh. My thoughts, not my advice/position.

I guess I would just have faith that He is looking over us ...but there is so much we don't know about His plans for us. We don't know how it will all play-out ...but if we have faith then not even death worries me. The faithless WN have much to worry about. I think we all wish to die as SB said, for the community, for our friends, rather than in a lightening strike.

However my main concern is 'no God', 'Bible plain wrong'; I will admit that I don't know how to interpret this, I was not trying to condemn swordbrethren, and I guess he will not be clarifying for me. I am taking it literally, as is my tendency. I don't care for making friends nor limiting my analytical nature to conform to social standards of self-censorship in respect of social-pyramids. I am being kind and polite in my inquiry, I am not a backstabber/manipulator, I only have my family who I live with and do not conspire against. He is before us, we serve Him and the Bible is not wrong even if a faithful Adam-man is hit by lightening, or some other worldly misfortune. To clarify, what kind of faith is it when you forsake the Bible and God (He IS) in the face-of-death or tragedy.

Job was a man who praised His Name everyday ...not knowing that God had a plan that would test him, his ruin was unexpected. The Way of God is ultimately unknowable, but I will still praise His Name come what may ...as did Job. I am nothing compared to him, if He reproached other righteous men (Job was different), certainly I am not without heavy reproach and all my righteousness is as naught compared to the greats of the past, -many- of whom died 'needlessly'.
Joe

PreviousNext

Return to Self-defence and military