This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Favourite non-firearms weapons.

Just keep it lawful.

Favourite non-firearms weapons.

Postby NicoChristian » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Tell me your favourite non-firearm, hand to hand weapons. I like the longbow, crossbow, knives, nunchukas and nightstick.

I think we also need to stock up on such weapons as they can be just as good as firearms in certain situations.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Re: Favourite non-firearms weapons.

Postby Fenwick » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:44 pm

I trained to shoot a modern recurve bow years ago. The thing that strikes me about it compared with firearms is that they're much faster to get an arrow away than it is to load most firearms.
Fenwick

Postby Kentucky » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm

I like the Hawaiian Sling.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Vandal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Kentucky wrote:I like the Hawaiian Sling.

Mark

Description?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Anti-Racism is a Codeword for Anti-White
http://vandal.christogenea.org
Vandal

Postby Nayto » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:48 am

I like a good ol' nightstick or baton. Pepperspray works too.
Nayto

Postby Acrimonious » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 am

I am fond of traditional longbows and recurves. I spent a lot of time with archery when I was younger, and I am familiar with fletching. I also had a slingshot with which I was fairly accurate. Other than those two ranged weapons, I have a sledgehammer if the need to crack skulls should arise :lol:
Acrimonious

Postby Kentucky » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:22 am

Vandal wrote:
Kentucky wrote:I like the Hawaiian Sling.

Mark

Description?

They're usually 6-8 ft long harpoons, with a three-pronged tip or spear/hook and a looped rubber tubing at the other end that wraps onto your arm and works like a slingshot. It's used in underwater scuba fishing. You can shoot it at a 2x4 from 30 ft away and have a heck of a time getting it out of the wood. Here's some pics of different models:

http://www.google.com/search?q=hawaiian ... 40&bih=761

Mark
Kentucky

Postby xBluxTunicx82 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:06 pm

I've been throwing blades now for about 7 years. I started fashioning my own about a year ago, and am having pretty good results. I prefer silent weapons, the less attention the better. Especially since we would be outnumbered.. I've trained martial arts since I was a child, and find no better outlet for stress than to spar with my friends.
James 1:22 - "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
xBluxTunicx82

Postby Gallowglass » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Maybe a knife or a machete, but what I would really like to own is a sword, or a small axe. Some years ago I practiced with a spear and I wasn't bad at all, also did some trowing. Shooting a bow is also something I'd like to do, like Nico 8-) . I hope one day I can get some equipment like this, at least for training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFiIDl_m ... 0MKqCAc0KR
Gallowglass

Postby Kentucky » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:12 pm

Just received this email; sounds logical:

Wasp Spray:
I know some of you own GUNS, but this is something to think about. If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. Did you know this? I didn't.

A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local Police Department about using pepper spray, and they recommended to her that she get a can of
wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office, and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life. Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School. For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed. Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them." Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says, "Spray the culprit in the eyes!" It's a tip he's given to students for decades.

It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the wasp spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the Police; maybe get out. Maybe even save a life.

Please share this with all the people who are precious to your life. Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will! Good to know, huh? It will also kill a wasp. It actually kills many varmints including centipedes.

Mark
Kentucky

Next

Return to Self-defence and military