This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Martial Arts and unarmed self-defence

Just keep it lawful.

Re: Martial Arts and unarmed self-defence

Postby Vandal » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 am

NicoChristian wrote:I can agree with some of the things that guy is saying, but I'd also like to know who he is and how qualified he is to give such opinions. Yes I agree taekwondo is useless.

His whole thing is just an elaborate comedy routine. As far as I know, he's not a serious martial artist at all. Just a troublemaker with a dojo and friends who like to screw around. Most of what everyone says about fighting and martial arts really is bullshit, so I figured a laugh was in order.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Anti-Racism is a Codeword for Anti-White
http://vandal.christogenea.org
Vandal

Postby Nayto » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Vandal wrote:Most of what everyone says about fighting and martial arts really is bullshit, so I figured a laugh was in order.

What do you mean?
Nayto

Postby Acrimonious » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:15 pm

The best advice I can give: practice, practice, practice. It doesn't matter if you've never fought in your life or you've earned black belts in ten different gook martial arts. Nothing is tailored to your body like your own mind; you can learn all sorts of techniques, and only a few will wind up being useful for you. Find out what works best for the situations you think you'll face and practice those techniques until you can perform them without thinking.
Acrimonious

Postby Vandal » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Nayto wrote:
Vandal wrote:Most of what everyone says about fighting and martial arts really is bullshit, so I figured a laugh was in order.

What do you mean?

Karate is a sport. JOUSTING is a martial art.
Vandal

Postby Nayto » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:00 am

Vandal wrote:
Nayto wrote:

What do you mean?

Karate is a sport.

Depends on the school.

Any kind of internalization of efficient fighting movement along with parries in conjunction with practicing the application itself (sparring) will make anyone a much better hand-to-hand fighter.
Nayto

Postby Vandal » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:40 am

Kenpo, with token bruthah

Vandal

Postby Vandal » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:01 am

I found the ultimate martial art:

Vandal

Postby Kentucky » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 pm

NicoChristian wrote:Some of the concealed training I did invloved combining unarmed combat moves while drawing a weapon. The idea was to use a front kick to stall the attacker and give you a few extra seconds to draw, load, release and shoot. The point is having a pistol does not make you invincible. Weapons can also jam, run out of rounds, misfire, etc.

I just read the following and was wondering how close to reality it was: "Guns are not the only form of protection, but tyranny will attempt to take them all. Even now the tyrants in the UK are preparing to make certain knives illegal. Governments have outlawed swords and knives and sharp tools and martial arts training and on and on. Without exception the more disarmed a people become, without even a possible THREAT to their controllers, the higher the crime rate and the more brutal government-sponsored violence will become - whether it be via taxes or providing your wife on your wedding night to the thugs in charge."

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/01/min ... ntrol.html

Mark
Kentucky

Postby NicoChristian » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:33 pm

Have you guys ever seen those adverts in martial arts magazines where you can learn to, quote "wanna see your grandma knock out Mike Tyson?" Literally some people will offer you a video that will turn you into an experienced martial artist and competent fighter overnight just by watching a video. I say rubbish. I've never tried one of those hoaxes, but I could never believe it possible to learn to fight simply by watching a video. Unarmed combat takes years to learn and perfect and to continue practicing. Combat requires experience, drills and training. I'm tired of the charlatans willing to take people for a ride, people who are obviously too lazy to train though.
YHWH bless.
NicoChristian

Postby Nayto » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:15 am

NicoChristian wrote:Have you guys ever seen those adverts in martial arts magazines where you can learn to, quote "wanna see your grandma knock out Mike Tyson?" Literally some people will offer you a video that will turn you into an experienced martial artist and competent fighter overnight just by watching a video. I say rubbish. I've never tried one of those hoaxes, but I could never believe it possible to learn to fight simply by watching a video. Unarmed combat takes years to learn and perfect and to continue practicing. Combat requires experience, drills and training. I'm tired of the charlatans willing to take people for a ride, people who are obviously too lazy to train though.

Martial arts requires dedication and internalization of movements which can take years. Someone should train for a year before they can even be remotely competent. Anything that claims otherwise is a sham.
Nayto

PreviousNext

Return to Self-defence and military