This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Thinking about vBulletin

Members can provide feedback and suggestions here.

Should we stay with PhpBB, or switch to vBulletin?

Yes, switch to vBulletin
11
73%
No, stay with PhpBB
4
27%
Suggesting another option in reply to this post
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 15

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby EnemyofEdom » Tue May 13, 2014 9:49 am

Rights against defamation of third parties


It is something, I believe, Bill doesn't have to worry about because sites such as Stormfront and VNN have used vBulletin for about the last decade or longer. Also, there is no defamation here, we all strive to understand our God created world truthfully.
User avatar
EnemyofEdom
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:29 am

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby fistofyahweh » Wed May 14, 2014 2:27 am

too bad you don't use BitCoin.. I'd drop you a few bucks that I've made in just cloud mining..
User avatar
fistofyahweh
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby Staropramen » Fri May 23, 2014 8:06 am

EnemyofEdom wrote:
Rights against defamation of third parties


It is something, I believe, Bill doesn't have to worry about because sites such as Stormfront and VNN have used vBulletin for about the last decade or longer. Also, there is no defamation here, we all strive to understand our God created world truthfully.


Jewfront and VNN are controlled opposition. Of course they don't have problems.
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
User avatar
Staropramen
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby wmfinck » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:54 pm

Wow, 12 votes in over a month is only about a quarter of the forum members who have logged in during the past month. I would call that apathy.

Maybe I should just think "okay, to h___ with it" and if it gets hacked I can just forget about it?

Well, I am not the type to give up. I think in July we will make the migration to vBulletin. The board will be down for a day when we do. Watch for the announcements then.

Think about this for now, so there is plenty of warning: ONLY members who have logged in since May 1st, 2014 will be brought over to the new board when I make the move. Right now that would bring the community down to about 50 people (and 1 sock puppet, LOL).

Praise Yahweh!
Bill
Image
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
User avatar
wmfinck
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby Les » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:45 am

did not vote or say anything about it as i don't know enough of what the difference is.

Would it matter if the forum was "found" more easily ?
I have never checked to see if this forum pops up enough in internet searches through Google, Yahoo, or the only one that does not track you supposedly - DuckDuckGo.
Les
 
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:02 am

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby Acrimonious » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:51 pm

On a side note, although it's advertised as such, DuckDuckGo is not alone in offering a private search experience; in addition, it's run by a jew,which leads me to question its integrity, as yid scum often finds loopholes to act maliciously. Startpage.com uses Google's engines, but doesn't track you, and Christogenea appears there when a search query of 'Christogenea' or 'Christian Identity' is submitted.
User avatar
Acrimonious
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:37 am

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby Gideon300 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:50 pm

wmfinck wrote:Wow, 12 votes in over a month is only about a quarter of the forum members who have logged in during the past month. I would call that apathy.

Maybe I should just think "okay, to h___ with it" and if it gets hacked I can just forget about it?

Well, I am not the type to give up. I think in July we will make the migration to vBulletin. The board will be down for a day when we do. Watch for the announcements then.

Think about this for now, so there is plenty of warning: ONLY members who have logged in since May 1st, 2014 will be brought over to the new board when I make the move. Right now that would bring the community down to about 50 people (and 1 sock puppet, LOL).

Praise Yahweh!
Bill


I think it'd be an improvement for things such as posting pictures and inserting links and because from an admittedly selfish standpoint the first net forums I became accustomed to were vBulletin ones and I am more used to the features.

While I'm here, wanted to say how much I enjoyed and was blessed by the podcast of a couple weeks back, The Gift of the Spirit is Genetic. Listened to it twice now on my .mp3 player while out on my mountain bike. I'm too easily distracted a lot of times trying to listen at home and so like to get away on the bike or while driving and listen to these studies.
User avatar
Gideon300
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 am

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby wmfinck » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:46 am

We are going to make the switch to vBulletin. Even though only 15 people voted, which is not even a third of the members who have been active in the last three weeks.

We (Melissa and I) are relocating to Panama City at the end of the month, so I probably won't be able to do the work involved until mid-to-late August, at the earliest.


The deciding factors are these:


Those most in favor of vBulletin here are those who know vBulletin well and prefer it over the current system.

The current system is already dated, needs to be upgraded, and that is a large task since there is a lot of hand-coding involved. I can do it, but a switch to vBulletin is not any more work than an upgrade here, and perhaps even less. However more importantly, going into the future vBulletin will save a lot of work on upgrades.

A vBulletin system is somewhat more community-oriented, and therefore may encourage more people to post here, rather than at rabbit-hole places such as Stormfront where Christianity is marginalized, or even hated.

A vBulletin system is more robust and it is easier to share media.

The pitfalls and warnings going forward:

If I cannot save all of the posts here, I will either hold off on the switch until I can, or perhaps keep this forum as an archive-only website on a different subdomain. I will NOT lose any posts if I can help it. I cannot decide which to do until I try the conversion process.

I will ONLY save user accounts that have been active this calendar year, which is about 68 accounts as I type this. I have always said that a small active community is better than a larger number of idlers.

There will be at least a one week notice when I plan the move to the new system.
Image
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
User avatar
wmfinck
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2775
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby Acrimonious » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:17 am

Thank you for keeping us updated. It's appreciated.

A little off-topic, but is that Panama City, Florida? And is it a permanent relocation?
User avatar
Acrimonious
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:37 am

Re: Thinking about vBulletin

Postby Joe » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:15 am

Gideon300 said:
While I'm here, wanted to say how much I enjoyed and was blessed by the podcast of a couple weeks back, The Gift of the Spirit is Genetic. Listened to it twice now on my .mp3 player while out on my mountain bike. I'm too easily distracted a lot of times trying to listen at home and so like to get away on the bike or while driving and listen to these studies.


I should try that, I use to walk and listen to the podcasts. At the moment it is very cold here, it never snows, but it is too cold for me. Mesopotamia seems like a good climate.

I didn't vote because I don't know anything about such software.
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
User avatar
Joe
 
Posts: 1664
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Directions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests