This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

How About a Forum Category for Books?

Members can provide feedback and suggestions here.

How About a Forum Category for Books?

Postby Hunter » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:14 pm

I think it would be beneficial to have a forum heading/category dedicated to the recommendation and discussion of non-fiction books or literature of some sort related to topics with which CI is concerned about, and those things which reflect the concerns already posted by members within the different categories of this forum.

There are many books which I've bought due to hearing them being discussed, recommended, or just briefly mentioned in one of Bill's podcasts or essays, where either he or someone else like Clifton Emahiser or another guest or co-host names a book title or respected author. I'd also like to thank Pastor Mark Downey, too, in this regard after listening to some of his audio sermons.

Anyhow, it would be so convenient to have a dedicated place in this forum in which one could go at their leisure to find books of this nature, and to learn about & discuss them, etc. - and not have to waste time or money fumbling around trying to find good material. As well, it would make for so many more stimulating discussions in the forum - about the books themselves, their topics and their authors. Lots of sparked ideas for spin-off topics in other parts of the forum could result, too!
Hunter

Re: How About a Forum Category for Books?

Postby ElleJay » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:16 pm

Hunter wrote:I think it would be beneficial to have a forum heading/category dedicated to the recommendation and discussion of non-fiction books or literature of some sort related to topics with which CI is concerned about, and those things which reflect the concerns already posted by members within the different categories of this forum.

There are many books which I've bought due to hearing them being discussed, recommended, or just briefly mentioned in one of Bill's podcasts or essays, where either he or someone else like Clifton Emahiser or another guest or co-host names a book title or respected author. I'd also like to thank Pastor Mark Downey, too, in this regard after listening to some of his audio sermons.

Anyhow, it would be so convenient to have a dedicated place in this forum in which one could go at their leisure to find books of this nature, and to learn about & discuss them, etc. - and not have to waste time or money fumbling around trying to find good material. As well, it would make for so many more stimulating discussions in the forum - about the books themselves, their topics and their authors. Lots of sparked ideas for spin-off topics in other parts of the forum could result, too!

I AGREE!!! It would be fabulous!!!

Elle
ElleJay

Postby Acrimonious » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:12 pm

I've got a few books that could use some discussion. Great idea!
Acrimonious

Postby Filidh » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:37 pm

I agree, this would be a good idea for a subforum.
real name's trevor :-)
Filidh

Postby wmfinck » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:20 pm

Okay, Okay, soon ... LOL
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Return to Forum Directions