This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

The Future for the Christogenea Forum?

Members can provide feedback and suggestions here.

Re: The Future for the Christogenea Forum?

Postby PhilNotChristian » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:20 am

I like and enjoy the forum as it is invaluable to me as a fairly recent convert. I would hate to see it go down. As members what should we do to insure the continuation of Christogenea as we know it ?
PhilNotChristian

Postby Joe » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:04 am

Perhaps the only way you can save the forum is to read as much as possible, I am sure it would have a positive impact!
...and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
Joe

Postby wmfinck » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:55 pm

Christian wrote:Wow, I didn't know there was talk about shutting down Christogenea. That would be devastating considering all the podcasts, etc. Bill, say it ain't so!!!

Christian,

I don't know what you heard back in that presentation from 3+ years ago. But Christogenea is not in danger of going down, so far as I know. That was not long after an attempt to take us down, however, in 2012, and then the loss of all our servers when another ISP folded in 2013. So you may have heard part of one of those fiascos.

My recent post in the Notices section here is only because I wnt to replace this forum with something better, and was hoping for some feedback. In any event, for several technical reasons this software must be replaced soon, and the sooner the better.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Postby PhilNotChristian » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:55 am

If anyone registered here would like to join John844.org to check its capabilities out, leave me a PM and I will add you to that site.

Praise Yahweh!
Bill

Count me in please
PhilNotChristian

Postby PhilNotChristian » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:59 am

OK my bad ! I was not aware of the date of the posts I spoke of in an earlier post. I will be more attentive of the posting dates. I was just trying to fit in on something new and exciting to me. Praise Yahweh !
PhilNotChristian

Postby wmfinck » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:19 am

If anyone registered here would like to join John844.org....
Bill

Yeah, the John844.org site was originally set up to be a place where our friends could collaborate on specific subjects, in a format that merged groupware with wiki capabilities.

But not too many people understood or could take advantage of the capabilities, in my opinion, and while there was initially a lot of posting, there was little collaboration.

So I changed the format of john844.org, which is still under development (as I get time). But I saved the old site at http://old.john844.org. At least until I can migrate whatever posts I decide to keep to homes at the new site.
If a jew is moving his lips, he's lying. If you see a rabbi, there has already been a crime!
wmfinck
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Forum Directions