This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Killing Czech Style - Post WW2 Murder of German Civilians

Discussions about more recent history

Killing Czech Style - Post WW2 Murder of German Civilians

Postby Staropramen » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:14 am

Full documentary with English subtitles;

http://www.ceskatelevize.cz/porady/1026 ... i-titulky/

The Czech public television broadcast a documentary film on Thursday, 6.5.2010, which showed footage of the massacre of German civilians in Prague soon after the end of World War II. The scenes were shot by an amateur who lived nearby and the footage had been hidden for over 6 decades by his family, who feared that it would be seized by the Communists.

The controversial short movie shows German civilians being paraded through Prague's streets, walking to a field, then lined up and shot from behind, falling into ditches. Some scenes show a truck running over bodies, some not dead yet, as one elderly man who is seen praying and begging for his life.
Stories emerged reminding the nation that some of those killed were not even German, but Swiss or Swedish, besides some members of mixed families and other innocents.
Some Czech historians claimed that the footage actually shows Soviet troops doing the killing. The film is a testimony to the lynching some Czechs committed on their ethnic German neighbours out of revenge after the war ended.

http://blisty.cz/art/52466.html
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Re: Killing Czech Style - Post WW2 Murder of German Civilian

Postby Nayto » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:31 am

The video in the link isn't available :(
Nayto

Postby Staropramen » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:01 am

Nayto wrote:The video in the link isn't available :(

It's playing ok for me. I PM'd Bill suggesting he download it and put in on the MK site. You clicked the top link above the quote, right?
"If God is a Jew then the only thing left for us to do is commit suicide"
-Dr. Wesley A. Swift
Historical Recordings of interest to Christians;
http://historicalrecordings.net/
Staropramen

Postby Nayto » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:19 am

Staropramen wrote:
Nayto wrote:The video in the link isn't available :(

It's playing ok for me. I PM'd Bill suggesting he download it and put in on the MK site. You clicked the top link above the quote, right?

Right, that one works. I tried to open the one in the quote. Thanks!
Nayto

Postby Fenwick » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:35 pm

I don't know if any of you have read the book "Savage Continent". It's premise is the idea that the killing didn't stop with the end of the war, but rather that it was a 10 year collapse into ethnic conflicts on a continent where most of the infrastructure and law and order had been destroyed.

It does of course have a chapter on the jews, although interestingly, it does point out that "some" of the jew's claims of mass murder were not actually carried out by the Germans at the sites they claimed they were. It also goes into the revenge attacks carried out by the jews on the Germans, and how the people of Europe initially refused to believe the holocaust claims of the jews. In some cities, the allies were forced to actually rearm the German police to let them defend the local population against the roving foreigners out for loot.

The rest of it is pretty damning though. The Poles seem to have carried out wholesale rape and murder against the Germans who were living in Poland after the war, and even some of the concentration camps were repurposed by the communists to house German civilians prior to deportation, often in conditions worse than what the camps had been like under German rule.

There is a chapter devoted to the Czech massacres of Germans, which did rather colour my trip to Prague in hindsight as it was right after I got back that I read the book. The Yugoslavs also seem to have spent a lot of time killing each other and the Italians.

Some of the things described are absolutely sickening, but sometimes it is worth knowing the full extent of the horror that the war visited on us. Certainly does make you understand the continental fear of nationalism and obsession with federalism, if all that stuff was blamed on nationalism.
Fenwick

Return to Modern History