This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Hermann Ahlwardt: Apostle To The Anti-Semites

Discussions about more recent history

Hermann Ahlwardt: Apostle To The Anti-Semites

Postby EzraLB » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:41 am

In December 1895, Hermann Ahlwardt, a member of the German Reichstag, arrived in America to begin a lecture tour to promote the idea of forming an Anti-Semitic Party in the United States. The New York Times ran a hit piece covering Ahlwardt's arrival, dubbing him the "Apostle To The Anti-Semites".

http://www.scribd.com/doc/305422936/Her ... i-Semitism

Back in Germany, Ahlwardt had gained a popular following, so much so that there he was dubbed the "Second Martin Luther" for his unabashed criticism of the jews. Certain German-American groups encouraged him to visit America to spread his message. The New York City police commissioner at the time, Teddy Roosevelt, actually provided bodyguard protection for Ahlwardt--made up of mostly jews.

Despite the best attempts of the New York Times to smear Ahlwardt and make him look foolish, he simply dismissed his critics, stating

"It is my principle never to answer attacks made upon me by Jews. A Jew cannot insult me."

One thing is clear: Ahlwardt predicted the jewish/marxist infiltration of the labor force, and he wanted to warn the American worker.

Some other notable quotes from the December 6, 1895 hit piece:

"I stand on the grounds of racial, not religious, anti-Semitism…and I am striving to unite the working people and the artisans against the Jews, because I consider that as a race the Jews achieve nothing through their own honest efforts, but direct all their energies to absorb the results of other men's work by methods of trickery and deceit. Labor is oppressed by them, its fruits monopolized, and the people corrupted."

"I am of the opinion that the baptism of Jews is of no use, because the Jews cannot lay aside their racial characteristics. The Jew cannot change his religion. Some of them may do so for business and commercial reasons, but these are worse than those who do not change."

"I do not think that there is such a person as an honest Jew, because they one and all, even the best, look upon methods of business as honest which we unhesitatingly look upon as dishonest. I stand upon the ground that the German, Slav, and Roman peoples, and the mingling of these peoples too, possess characteristics which must ever sharply distinguish them from the Semitic people. We believe in keeping ourselves from a condition of rudest civilization to one of culture and refinement."

"The Semitic people in all their branches stand opposed to this teaching in the sense that they look upon work as a curse of God."

"I explain the fact that so few of them proportionately find their way into prison….by the admitted smartness they possess, which enables them to slip out of the clutches of the law when another man would unfailingly be caught. No man can come so near the boundary between honesty and fraud and escape arrest and imprisonment as the Jew."
"No Rothschild is English. No Baruch, Morgenthau, Cohen, Lehman, Warburg, Kuhn, Kahn, Schiff, Sieff or Solomon was ever born Anglo-Saxon. And it is for this filth that you fight. It is for this filth that you murdered your Empire. It is this filth that elects, selects, your politicians." -- Ezra Pound
EzraLB

Return to Modern History