This Forum is now inactive and has been replaced by a new Christogenea Forum. You may browse here but there are no updated threads or new posts since January 1st 2017. Forum members please see THIS NOTICE for information concerning your account at the new forum.

Are we still supposed to be called Israelites?

Discussions about more recent history

Are we still supposed to be called Israelites?

Postby DamianNewman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:17 pm

I remember reading a verse that says we should no more be called Israelites but be called after a new name or something. Please supply me with that verse.

Are we now called Christians rather than Israelites - is that what the verse speaks of? Or are now called Saxons?
DamianNewman

Re: Are we still supposed to be called Israelites?

Postby bahr » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:49 am

We are now called "haters", "racists", "extremists", "White supremacists", "nazis", "fascists", ...

Pick the one you prefer! ;)
bahr

Postby Kentucky » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:52 pm

DamianNewman wrote:I remember reading a verse that says we should no more be called Israelites but be called after a new name or something. Please supply me with that verse.

Are we now called Christians rather than Israelites - is that what the verse speaks of? Or are now called Saxons?

Did you mean Isaiah 62:2? "And the nations shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name."

I think we're called a lot of things to help identify us. But after the first advent of Christ, the generalized term of Christ's followers, from a New Testament dispensation, was 'Christian.' Not that we can't be called Israelites, but that the identifier is now linked directly to our Kinsman Redeemer. "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" Acts 11:26.

Mark
Kentucky

Postby Kentucky » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:55 pm

bahr wrote:We are now called "haters", "racists", "extremists", "White supremacists", "nazis", "fascists", ...

Pick the one you prefer! ;)

You forgot "antisemitic" :lol: I always got a laugh out of that one :lol:

Mark
Kentucky

Postby MikeTheAdamite » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:39 pm

Before I learned about CI,I thought the term 'anti Semite' was wrong because the Arabs were Semites as well as the Jews and therefore it was surely wrong to call the Arabs 'anti Semites' because they didn't like Jews or to call the Jews 'anti Semites' because they didn't like Arabs!!
Now I know that niether of them are SemiteS.
ONLY CI COULD HAVE TOLD ME THIS.
MikeTheAdamite

Postby bahr » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:26 pm

You forgot "antisemitic" :lol: I always got a laugh out of that one :lol:

Damn, forgot the principal! :?
bahr

Postby DamianNewman » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Thanks for the replies.
DamianNewman

Return to Modern History